Fair Weather Fans

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Face it, he's right. LA fans are the worst i've ever seen.

Explain to me how a typical day game out here gets about 25-30K in attendance but yet on a MANNY Bobblehead day it's a sellout.

Been going since we were kids, since dodgerdogs were 2.50, since cool a coos, since BEFORE all of this *!*% music was played on the PA and it was strictly Nancy Bea on that organ. Since Batting glove night, Fielding glove night, BALL night as previously mentioned, and BAT night where you'd be handed a voucher to take to your local Target and redeem a wood Dodgers bat...

But there aren't many of us out there, people only wake up and dust off their "jerseys" on a big giveaway night or in September. Same with Lakers and the god damned car flags...
pimp.gif
those giveaways were the %$*%.

they even gave replica jerseys once.

remember going when we had butler, karros, (rauuuuuuuuuuuul) mondesi, piazza..... those were the days.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I'm trying to figure out how Warriors are being mentioned. Sure that "We Believe" run garnered some new fans but no where near the level of Lakers or Cavs. Besides, even when we were god awful, the Warriors still managed to fill up the seats.

+1

There are some really really dumb people in this thread, again i ask, where are you basing this from?

15 seasons 2 winning season and he have great fans that suport this team with this terrible front office. Oracle will be rockin this year.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Los Angeles is one of the worst for this. People who don't even care about sports are fans come playoff time.

Truth.

I know so many friends who can't even spell basketball and they happen to be a Laker fan...

Can't take them serious.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by THE GR8

overall itd probably be like the Lakers or Bulls or some team with a hugeee fan base.

% wise it is the New Jersey Nets and it aint even close.

The *%*!%#@ Swamprats entire fan base are fair weather fans. Finding a Nets fan in the 1990s was like finding a nun with AIDS, it just didnt happen. EVERYONE in the tri state area was a Knicks fan or a Bulls fan riding Jordan's !*++. I remmeber going to those Knicks/Nets games at Continental in the 90s (where the seats were 100x cheaper so it was
smokin.gif
and just as local) and EVERYONE in the stands was a Knicks fan. it was like being at a mini MSG. Ewing would get a standing ovation when his name was called and the Nets were booed.

But around 2001 when the Knicks started to decline and the Nets got JKidd and co and went to the Finals that is when he new generation of Nets fans (aka the Swamprats) began to emerge. All the unloyal Knicks fans mostly around Jersey that supported them when they were winning in the 90s imm/ediately switched over to the Hudson to become Nets fans. It was terrible, there were clearly still more Knicks fans than Nets fans but the %s in a place like NJ went from like 95-5 to like 60-40 and probably even 55-45 for awhile. Mother $@$**$! made me sick. People going up to me ripping on my Knicks and im just like "wait werent you a Knicks fan 5 years ago??" Saying dumb %+++ like "Yeah at least i was smart enough to leave" or the worst "How can you watch a team when theyre bad??"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

They still dont have a large enough fan base to have the MOST fair weather fans. Cause a team like the Lakers have a bunch but they have alot of real fans as well. and that will come with any team with a big fan base like the Knicks in the 90s and the loyal ones stayed and the non loyal ones crossed over to the Swamp. But no team in professional sprts has a higher % of fair weather fans than the Nets. I think something like 80+% of them are fair weather and 90+% of them were Knicks fans at some point in their lives if they were born before 2000.

I cant wait for these dudes to crawl back when we start to tun around, the good thing about losing is you know who the real fans are, the fans that will stick no matter what. You never really know til it actually happens. I mean now that the Nets are starting to lose again they cant sell for *$%@, and that is what happens when youre entire fan base is fair weather. The Knicks did have alot of fair weathers who left but we have more loyal @%* fans than most of the other teams. We are usually top 10 in attendance every year regardless of our record and that shows something. I mean even when the Nets were good they struggled to sell out playoff games
laugh.gif
Playoffs at MSG were *%*!%#@ rocking, hottest ticket in town by farr
smokin.gif

smh.gif
at the Nets as an organization in general/ And now they wanna move in to our city. one Team, One New York
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

The definition of a Swamprat is a Nets fan and the definition of a nets fan is a converted Knicks fan
smh.gif

Ummm......fans were selling out the United Center during the Tim Floyd era when the team was averaging 20,000 plus fans, and only winning 20 games. That's not fair weather.

Your point about random people being fans of popular teams doesn't apply to this debate.
Im just saying that in the 90s or some *!++ yalls had alot of frontrunners because of Jordan im not denying that yall didnt have your fair shareof loyal fans as well because yall do. Im a Bears fan and fans outta the Chi are pretty diehard for the most part.

But % wise like i said its the Nets and it aint close
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Just ignore them. You'd be mad too if you had to live in Sacramento.

My parents (where I'm from) live in Los Altos.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Warriors? If there were any fair weather warrior fans they have prolly jumped ship to lakers.
word, all of the fairweather warrior fans jumped off the ship last year already...

A HUGE % of Warrios "fans" were Kings "fans" before the Warriors one good season..

This is so untrue it's not even funny. Anybody who's been a Warriors fan since the 90's knows this. I actually got banned the last time you madethis comment so Ima just let this one be.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Lakers, Chargers, Warriors
smh.gif
smh.gif

They had a strong fanbase before and after the playoffs
And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.
+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is we believin'.

I'll throw the Niners and Giants in there too.
Niners and Giants??????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Now that's just Bay Area hate..
Naw, not really, it's just fact. Leave the Bay Area and watch games in the south, in the east, and you'll see diehard fans. It's not anyone's fault really, just the nature of the Bay Area. People aren't into sports, they would rather protest something or figure out another cause to hop onto.

I would include the Oakland teams, but even one dudes win fans still don't come out to support, so can't really say they're fairweather.

Shark fans are pretty diehard though, gotta admit.
Spoken like someone who either doesn't live here or just doesn't know what they're talking about. I guess either way you don'tknow what you're talking about.

edit: although to some extent I'd to some extent this is true with the A's and Giants. But to say that about Raider, Niner, and even the Warrior fansis just dumb.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Some guy on here is a Patriots and Yankees fan.

The nerve of this @*@@*...
smh.gif

I SEE IT!

laugh.gif

Red Sox nation has grown exponentially since 2004.

Miami Dolphin fans, Miami Heat fans....basically the whole Miami fan base.

Including the Marlins.

When I lived in Chicago, around the time the United Center opened...they, at least if I recall correctly, said they had season tickets sold for many, manyyears ahead (based on the assumption of MJ playing longer, obviously)....

Wouldn't that help explain "sell outs" during the hideous Floyd era. At least partially?

There are certainly fair weather fans for ANY team who has some/a lot of success. The Warriors when they had a good/exciting season gained more, but to callthe entire fan base is just silly. As it's been written about (even nationally), we have one of the most dedicated fan bases around which is somewhatimpressive given how terrible we've been over the last 15 years.

CincoSeisDos wrote:and BAT night where you'd be handed a voucher to take to your local Target and redeem a wood Dodgers bat...

Funny you bring that up. Me and my family always used to take weekend trips on our boat out to Lake Mojave and Lake Mead, so we kept a wood pilein our back yard for firewood. We had one of those souvenir bats, with a plain wood handle and a blue barrel. Somehow it got left outside one day and our Labjust destroyed it, and it got tossed in the wood pile. We stopped going to the lake when I graduated high school back in 2002, and just a couple months ago Ihelped my dad break down the wood pile so we could get rid of it, and the remains of that souvenir bat were still in the pile. Pretty crazy.

I still have a bunch of random crap from Dodger stadium. When I was a little kid I wanted a world series ring so bad, so my dad bought me a replica Dodgersring, I still have that in a box somewhere, I used to wear it when I was in elementary school.

wink.gif

truthmain wrote:
NikeTalker23 wrote:
GSDOUBLEU wrote:
NikeTalker23 wrote:
Lakers, Chargers, Warriors
smh.gif
smh.gif

They had a strong fanbase before and after the playoffs
And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.
+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is we believin'.

I'll throw the Niners and Giants in there too.

whoa whoa first off?...how the hell are we fairweather?...yes with winning comes bandwagon fans and thats obvious for every team BUT were stillhere and we never left homie...a lot of us from the 80s and 90s are still reppin' that red and gold so what the hell are you talking about?...same goes forraider fans too...people over here stick with their colors even if our teams were crap for the most of this decade...so **** here with that

second...as much as i hate the warriors i must admit they do have a good fanbase...of course the we believe hypebeasts were just irritating
sick.gif
...but i cant blame them to go crazy like that i mean the warriors havent madethe playoffs after 13 years
laugh.gif
...it gave them something to cheerabout...before and after the we believe years i saw plenty of people wearing warriors gear...even though a lot of warrior fans supported the queens in theearly 2000s to support northern california...during those times i heard a lot of folks tell me im a warriors fan but i wanna see the kings win something fornorcal and beat those damn Lakers
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif
...the queen fans on the other hand are fairweather no doubt...i have family and friends in roseville..natomas and elk grove...im usually there a loton the weekends especially during basketball season and i dont see much people wearing kings gear over there...hell i see more people wearing Laker/warriorjerseys over there
laugh.gif
...i used to get so much heat when i wear Lakersstuff when i go to the galleria but now i dont anymore

anyways i gotta agree to whoever said that the big franchises have the most fairweather fans...my Lakers included...the cowboys..yanks..red sox but nothingcompares to those damn celtic fans who came out of nowhere last year
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

anyways i gotta agree to whoever said that the big franchises have the most fairweather fans...my Lakers included...the cowboys..yanks..red sox but nothing compares to those damn celtic fans who came out of nowhere last year
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get it confused with people who rooted for the Celtics because they hate the Lakers. I am not a Celtics fan by any means, but bestbelieve I pull for them when they play your squad.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

anyways i gotta agree to whoever said that the big franchises have the most fairweather fans...my Lakers included...the cowboys..yanks..red sox but nothing compares to those damn celtic fans who came out of nowhere last year
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get it confused with people who rooted for the Celtics because they hate the Lakers. I am not a Celtics fan by any means, but best believe I pull for them when they play your squad.

im not...im pretty sure you werent one of those people who started wearing celtic gear out of nowhere and claiming to be die hard since bill russell

I'm just gonna quote myself from the Boston thread in General.

Originally Posted by JD617

Hell half of the Stadium was empty for Celtics games the year before as I recall.
Myth.

There were plenty of open seats in the balcony, but that's about it. You guys make it seem like Celtics games were like Tampa Bay Rays games or something. There were always a decent amount of fans at the games, even during the '06-'07 season.

I was at games all throughout that season and it was nowhere near as bad as a lot of people think. Shoot, I've seen worse attendance at Miami Heat gameseven when their team was decent.

I'm just gonna quote myself from the Boston thread in General.

Hell half of the Stadium was empty for Celtics games the year before as I recall.
Myth.

There were plenty of open seats in the balcony, but that's about it. You guys make it seem like Celtics games were like Tampa Bay Rays games or something. There were always a decent amount of fans at the games, even during the '06-'07 season.

I was at games all throughout that season and it was nowhere near as bad as a lot of people think. Shoot, I've seen worse attendance at Miami Heat games even when their team was decent.
Celtics fans are like a $$%%!+$ light. They never leave and like a different team. But theyll only show support when they are winning.
smh.gif

They turn on and off

im not...im pretty sure you werent one of those people who started wearing celtic gear out of nowhere and claiming to be die hard since bill russell
laugh.gif
@ the lames that did that.

Back
Top Bottom