Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by Baltimore

Originally Posted by outkast9984

is mike gonzalez worth a drop now?
Try to trade him. I was able to send him and george sherrill for derrek lee and bronson arroyo

i need saves though and it looks like everyone has a closer already

is mike gonzalez worth a drop now?
Try to trade him. I was able to send him and george sherrill for derrek lee and bronson arroyo

i need saves though and it looks like everyone has a closer already

Just try to send some offers. Someone might accept but i bet when you drop him someone else will pick him up and he will start to do good.

If you need saves, pick up J.P. Howell in about a week. He should be good to go by May 1st or so, you can just DL him for now.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I just dropped Julio Borbon. Dude was pissing me off.
me too.  dropped him and Michael Bourn for Edgar Renteria and Chris Young
Your probably gonna regret it on both accounts. I don't understand how anybody ditches their team after only a week.  Why would you draft them.  Unless your playing in a league with <8 people which I hope you not.

Originally Posted by xkellenx

should i hold onto erick aybar or pick up one of these SS..

alex gonzalez
juan uribe
ronny cedeno
cliff pennington
j.j. hardy

It depends on what you need although I'd go with Hardy unless you really need steals. Only thing Aybar is gonna get ya compared to Hardy is 15-20 more steals and probably bat around .300 compared to Hardys maybe .275 but Hardy should finish with more HR, RBI and comparable if not more Runs.  I see Hardy as a huge bounce back candidate this year.  Off to a great start too.

I had a feeling that no one was going to pick up Borbon. Brett Gardner and Scott Podsednik are similar to Borbon and were still out there on the FA. Both Gardner and Podsednik are doing well so far (better than Borbon). So I figured I could take the risk in dropping Borbon and pick him up if he does turn it around. Gardner and Podsednik are serving as my "insurance" if Borbon were to get picked up by some other team. The are reasons why I do what I do
laugh.gif
. I'm not that impatient with my players. It's not like I dropped Wandy Rodriguez after his 2 bad outings. Wandy has a track record. Borbon doesn't yet.

And Borbon went 0-4 today.

is jim johnson taking over for mike gonzalez?
BALTIMORE -- Manager Dave Trembley said that if he needs a closer on Sunday, it won't be Mike Gonzalez, as the team is still working with the left-hander.
"I think we've still got some things we're going to do in the bullpen," Trembley said. "I wouldn't think [he'll pitch]."

Gonzalez has one save in three appearances and has blown two chances, getting a chorus of boos from the Baltimore crowd at the home opener on Friday afternoon.

-It will not be permanent, I go to O's games and watch every O's game and Mike Gonzalez will change his release and be back as the closer. We really dont have a closer now it will vary each day until Mike is good to go.

is jim johnson taking over for mike gonzalez?
BALTIMORE -- Manager Dave Trembley said that if he needs a closer on Sunday, it won't be Mike Gonzalez, as the team is still working with the left-hander.
"I think we've still got some things we're going to do in the bullpen," Trembley said. "I wouldn't think [he'll pitch]."

Gonzalez has one save in three appearances and has blown two chances, getting a chorus of boos from the Baltimore crowd at the home opener on Friday afternoon.

-It will not be permanent, I go to O's games and watch every O's game and Mike Gonzalez will change his release and be back as the closer. We really dont have a closer now it will vary each day until Mike is good to go.

good looking out

i picked up Rios then traded...

rios, Lowe, and chamberlain for matt cain and geroge sherrill.

ended up trading george sherrill

need help fellas, this dude is offering me elvis andrus or erick aybar for carlos gonzalez, my infield is awful, so either guy is an upgrade for me, who do i take?

^i'm confused by that sentence, but I wouldn't trade Gonzalez for either Aybar or Andrus if that helps

Markakis should pick up his performance soon, If your gonna trade GOnzalez he better throw someone else in that deal.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

need help fellas, this dude is offering me elvis andrus or erick aybar for carlos gonzalez, my infield is awful, so either guy is an upgrade for me, who do i take?
Nah man. Not for those 2. If you are going to trade Carlos Gonzalez, ask for someone better in return.

I'm a little hesitant to play Kazmir tonight against the Yanks considering its his first game back.... thoughts?

Originally Posted by JJ1223

I'm a little hesitant to play Kazmir tonight against the Yanks considering its his first game back.... thoughts?

He's in my starting lineup
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He's playing the Yankees in Yankee Stadium and it's his first game back? I'd bench Kazmir, just to be on the safe side.

MY OF setup is like this. I usually start Sizemore, BJ Upton, Carlos Quentin and put Jason Heyward in UTIL. Then I have Carlos Lee, Hunter Pence, and Julio Borbon to spot start. Obviously Carlos Lee is gonna pick it up but I'm contemplating dropping Hunter Pence for Chris Young of ARI. I think both have a potential of 25-30 homers, but I think Young has a better shot at 20+ steals. That and the fact I have 2 OF's from Houston and their lineup is eghhk, and ARI's is a bit better?

Sooo....drop Pence and pick up Young? I was high on Pence coming into the year, and I'm sure he'll pick it up too, but I have a hunch, either way Young will have better stats.

I'm SURE someone would pick up Pence, but does this better my team? or should I try to swing a 2 for 1 type trade with Pence for an upgrade at another position, like C or SS where I have Doumit and Hardy?

Thanks friendlies.

Back
Top Bottom