Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by hymen man

I gave up Josh Johnson, Bengie Molina, and Joey Votto for Jorge Posada, David Aardasma and Cliff Lee.

Good trade/bad trade?
Bad trade and Cliff Lee is still hurt

xkellenx wrote:
any of these guys worth a start tomorrow?

tommy hanson vs PHI
rick porcello @ LAA

I own both of these guys and I am starting them for sure

Prince has been terrible for me. Does he usually start off slow?

The last two years he's had a bad BA in April but still hit 7 HR's and 30 RBI's in two years so not all bad. May is the month where he usually starts to pick it up.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

^^ Hanson for sure. I'd always start my top SPs no matter who they're facing when going good
Originally Posted by parada45

I own both of these guys and I am starting them for sure

Prince has been terrible for me. Does he usually start off slow?

i was leaning on benching hanson because the phils offense has been pathetic the past 2 games so i figured with a day off they might come back strong. then i saw that kendrick (
sick.gif
tired.gif
) is pitching for the phils tonight so i'll probably start hanson. thanks.

like proshares said, prince will probably pick it up soon and u should be fine.

Is David Ortiz gonna come outta his funk? I'm so close to dropping him. But if I do I guarantee he'll end up hitting 20-30 hrs for someone else

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Is David Ortiz gonna come outta his funk? I'm so close to dropping him. But if I do I guarantee he'll end up hitting 20-30 hrs for someone else

If your playing in a league with 12 teams or less I would say cut him loose. There is probably someone out there with 25-30 HR potential that can at the very least provide you help in other categories that Oritz never will.  He has even cleared waivers in a couple of my 14 team leagues where I have then considered grabbing him but didn't end up fitting into my fantasy plan.  Hope that helps.
wink.gif

I gave up Josh Johnson, Bengie Molina, and Joey Votto for Jorge Posada, David Aardasma and Cliff Lee.

Good trade/bad trade?

bad trade.

Cliff Lee is hurt and you don't know what you are going to get out of him. He probably wont get alot of run support from the M's like he did with Philly. Aardasma is a decent closer but you dont know if he can get you those 40+ saves. Posada is off to a hot start but he will tail off. Josh Johnson is a studddddd. He can win 16-20 games. Molina is decent and will get 85+ RBI. Votto is a best too. 28+ homers 100 rbi...I def would not have done it

Start picking up Justin Smoak from Texas. Got called up and Chris Davis got sent down. I got my KLJ on this morning and scooped him up in most of my leagues.

Originally Posted by BDavis5

should i start ricky nolasco at colorado?

I would start him but if your leery consider this...  I always start everyone unless I'm ahead in pitching by a decent amount then maybe I sit him but if your losing I say you gotta throw him and if it's close I'd still probably throw him.  

^I see him performing well enough to stay the 1B for the Rangers, but I just don't see him being great in Fantasy.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Utley and Tejada for Ian Stewart, Gordon Beckham and Johan Santana?

what end are you getting? if its Stewart, Beckham and Santana then PULL THE TRIGGER!

Damnit, I was really in need of a catcher, thus I did the trade. I really didn't wanan give up Johnson, but I thought Cliff would be back soon and do well. Oh well.

Damnit, I was really in need of a catcher, thus I did the trade. I really didn't wanan give up Johnson, but I thought Cliff would be back soon and do well. Oh well.
The difference in Bengie and Jorge won't really be that big of a difference in the end though.  A top ten catcher often ranks in the ~150-200 ranks in terms of overall players, so it really is one of the least important spots

^Oh definitely. First off, I don't think Smoak is gonna be great in fantasy terms, but Qualls is shaky, and Kerry Wood is about to come back to the Indians. If you have any other closers besides those 3 I'd drop Perez or Qualls, prolly Perez. Otherwise, prolly Smoak.

A friend of mine asked me to 'manage' his team (if he were to win at the end of the season, I would get a part of his payoff). I made a trade for him.

I traded Utley and Carlos Zambrano for Carlos Pena, Rickie Weeks and Matt Cain.

I think my friend wins. I realize what Utley is capable of, but the rest of my friends offense is comfortable, so Rickie Weeks will do fine. Mind you, I took away Matt Cain, which happened to be the trade partners best pitcher by far. Upgraded at 1B as well. Also, I don't think the trade partner realized that Zambrano was sent to the bullpen, because he was desperate for a pitcher.

He just really wanted Utley
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom