Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Should I trade Pablo Sandoval and Jacoby Ellsbury for Miguel Cabrera and Grady Sizemore?
The best overall player in that trade scenario is obviously Miguel Cabrera. The huge question mark is Grady Sizemore. If you feel that Grady can become a 30/30 man again, then side with the Cabrera/Sizemore side of the deal.

With Jacoby Ellsbury, you can dominate SB. Jacoby will get you 60-70 SBs. There were only 2 other players who got 60 SBs, and they were Michael Bourne and Carl Crawford. Having Jacoby puts you in a really good position in that category. Jacoby gets you runs (yeah, I know only 94 runs scored, but remember he was batting in the bottom part of the lineup part of last season) and he did hit .301 last season. Sandoval is still improving. He surprised me with his power production last year and I think he can improve on those numbers this year with the addition of Huff and De Rosa to hit behind him.

It all depends on how your team is constructed. If you can afford a little power for speed, then Pablo and Jacoby is the deal for you. If you can sacrifice SBs, then Cabrera and Sizemore is the deal for you.

I went for the trade...I read your advice, and I agree Jacoby would have basically won steals for me, but I do have A-Rod(14), Andrus(33 and should improve), and BJ Upton(42), so I feel like I upgraded, and still have a good shot at winning power totals and steals, here's my team:

C-Montero
1-M.Cabrera
2.J. Lopez
3.A-Rod
OF-Sizemore
OF-C.Lee
OF-BJ Upton
Util-Pence
Bench-Guerrero, Heyward, Quentin,Kendrick

SP's-Greinke, Verlander, Oswalt, T.Hudson (Need to pick up another SP, or trade for one.)
RP's-Broxton, H.Bell, Aardsma, Rauch

got my year 2 keeper draft today

starting with these 5 keepers

1. Joe Mauer
2. Justin Morneau
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Robinson Cano
5. Adam Lind

got my year 2 keeper draft today

starting with these 5 keepers

1. Joe Mauer
2. Justin Morneau
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Robinson Cano
5. Adam Lind

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

Should I trade Pablo Sandoval and Jacoby Ellsbury for Miguel Cabrera and Grady Sizemore?

Definitely not.

I'm an idiot.  I was reading this as you had Miggy and Grady and someone offered that to you
laugh.gif

I would do that trade in a heartbeat now that I read it correctly.

Other than the fact that I personally don't believe Zobrist will come close to the numbers he put up last year, that's a nice team. Stocked up on SP's. Just better hope no one at the primary positions goes down.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Other than the fact that I personally don't believe Zobrist will come close to the numbers he put up last year, that's a nice team. Stocked up on SP's. Just better hope no one at the primary positions goes down.

Thanks.  The reason  I do that, is unlike other fantasy sports, if a player goes down, I have the option of putting them on the DL so I'm more comfortable with not having as much depth.

Told this in the NL central thread.....

CP1708 wrote:
laugh.gif
 Been in this keeper fantasy league for like 10 years now.  I've won it like 4 times I think including last year.  So we have two deadbeat owners and we decide to clip them this year, go down to 6 teams til we can grab two more solid owners.  (all local Portland area guys)  So one of the teams was beaten pretty badly last year, started trading away his stars for draft picks this year.  He made 3 deals.  Here we are with a 6 team league, we can protect 5 players, and dude has 4 of the first 5 picks in the draft.  I have the last pick in the first as the defending champ. 
He comes in, takes Mauer #1.  Ok, I can dig it.  Next guy takes someone, I forget who.  Dan Haren I think, not sure.  Then the other guy comes back, Jeter, Manny, Pablo Sandoval. 

Who do I get with the last pick of the first round, after this guy has picked FOUR TIMES already????

Hanley Ramirez. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Defending champ gets Hanley with the last pick of the first round, instantly, before I could finish saying ...irez, 3 other owners yell "I quit" and throw their pencils in the air. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My dude took Jeter and left Hanley on the board, and what's worse is he already had Jose Reyes, and also left Ryan Braun and Prince on the table as well.  I suspect this dude may not be an owner next season either, we may need to go down to 4 teams. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kick that guy out of your league. He obviously has no clue what he is doing!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You guys don't replace owners? I'm in a basketball keeper league and when my commish sees an inactive team, he switches out GMs. He gives another person who is interested the inactive team's players.

^
Oh we do, we do all the time, that's the problem.  We've had trouble getting good solid owners.  We run a league for all 3 sports, and most of us ran in all 3, but a couple guys lost interest in certain sports so they drop those to focus on one or two.  Baseball seems to be the sport that they all drop.  So for this season he dropped two teams, we'll try to find 2 solid guys, then have expansion next year. 

Meanwhile, I need to try and get my name etched on that trophy one more time. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just can't believe though that this guy passed up having Hanley, Braun, Prince, Mauer along with Reyes, Ichiro, Uggla, Dunn, and Cliff Lee.  (his protected 5)
And to make it worse, his particular team, the one that was dismantled the year before?  Was built many years ago, with the duo Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez.  Those were two of the players traded off for first round picks.  Either one of those groups is by far better then what he's rollin right now. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anybody who wants to join the NikeTalk Yahoo baseball league, just send me your email and ill sign you up

I'm not really feelin' your team.

It looks like you're missing another HR and RBI player. BA is ok, not great though. Where your offense excels is with the SB category. Runs is kind of hard to gauge for me so I'll just not comment on that category.

You got 2 top of the line starters, but no one really after that. Some people think Dice-K would fit that bill, but he's a risky player IMO. I'm a Giants fan and I hate Kevin Correia
laugh.gif
. Kerry Wood's going to be out for what... 6-8 weeks? It's going to be a real struggle for your team this year.

I have 4 different teams, but the one I care about most in the league with my friends goes as follows:

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Hanley Ramierez
2B/SS - Jose Reyes
1B/3B - Adam Dunn
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Raul Ibanez
UTIL - Andrew McCutchen
UTIL - Franklin Gutierrez
Bench - Bret Gardner
Bench - Placido Polanco
SP - Adam Wainwright
SP - Josh Johnson
SP - Matt Cain
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP - Jered Weaver
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Huston Street
Bench - Ryan Franklin

I'm pretty happy with how my team is turning out.  I drafted Adam LaRoche, some guy traded me Kevin Youkilis straight up for him, then I traded Youk and Ricky Nolasco for Teixeira so I basically got Tex out of drafting LaRoche in the 18th round.  On top of that, two different guys outright dropped Jose Reyes and Andrew McCutchen who I promptly scooped up for some late round scrubs.  Kinsler and Street might start out on the DL but I think who I have can hold me over since they aren't projected to be out long.  Can't wait for opening day!

- Tical.

Someone up there must like you if you got Youk straight up for LaRoche and had Reyes and McCutchen fall in your lap. I'm not a big Upton brothers fan. Team is solid though. Great rotation on paper.

Yeah, the guy is a Braves fan so he thinks highly of LaRoche considering how he finished last year.  He sent me the trade right after the draft and the look on his face when I said "%%@+ YES I ACCEPT" kind of told me he didn't think about it very much.  Works for me though haha.

- Tical.

This was my plan....
Don't get guys w/ good #'s last yr (NL) that will struggle in AL too Early (Javier, harden, sheets, etc.)
Don't draft Rios, he's too inconsistent.
Don't draft Zobrist too early.
I think Jenks will lose his spot this year so don't draft him too early as well.
If Catchers are gone early, just wait, there's guys like K. Suzuki and M. Montero in much later rounds

64f35af8efaddec7bef15e0d52188e08c6cb7c5.jpg
Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm not really feelin' your team.

It looks like you're missing another HR and RBI player. BA is ok, not great though. Where your offense excels is with the SB category. Runs is kind of hard to gauge for me so I'll just not comment on that category.

You got 2 top of the line starters, but no one really after that. Some people think Dice-K would fit that bill, but he's a risky player IMO. I'm a Giants fan and I hate Kevin Correia
laugh.gif
. Kerry Wood's going to be out for what... 6-8 weeks? It's going to be a real struggle for your team this year.

I'm pretty confident about my starting pitching. I can win W's, QS, ERA every week probably. Plus, I'm bullish about Santana and Dice-K returning back to close to peak form. Tell me about Correia though, I just drafted him on stats.
You're right about Saves tho, Broxton will probably get me 50 but I gotta get another closer.
I also agree about HR but other than that I think I'm pretty solid across the board.

Anyone else have some thoughts?

10 teams, H2H, 9th pick

C- Soto
1b - Ryan Howard
2b - Howie Kendrick
3b - Pablo Sandoval
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury
OF - Jayson Werth
Util - Adam Lind
Util - Billy Butler
Bench - Gordon Beckham
Bench - Jason Heyward

SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Javy Vazquez
RP - Jose Valverde
RP - Ryan Franklin
P - Ubaldo Jimenez
P - AJ Burnett
P - Tim Hudson
P - Bobby Jenks
Bench - Brandon Webb
Bench - Rich Harden
Bench - Stephen Strasburg

Yes Matt Kemp fell to me at 9 even though im not CRAZY about him in H2H. I went with a bunch of guys I always draft (Sandoval, Ellsbury), I locked up steals, and went with some high K guys & risk in pitching which I always do since pitching is so unpredictable. I figure Beckham will be my everyday 2b once he gains elligibility as he is one of my biggest sleepers. Thoughts?

Soto, Kendrick, Sandoval, Andrus, Lind, Butler, Beckham and Heyward are all a bit of a red flag to me. Gotta hope Soto has a better season than last year, Kendrick to hit, Sandoval not to be a one year wonder, Andrus to learn to hit better, Lind and Butler to not be a one year wonder, Beckham to show some promise and Heyward to live up to massive expectations. Not to say that all these things won't happen because there's a good chance they'll all be good as the season goes on. Pitching is very high risk/high reward as you said.

Back
Top Bottom