Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Went to the New York premiere at Radio City last night. Most of the cast was in attendance, only Vin actually got up to speak before the movie. I don't think Dwayne was there...which was somewhat surprising.

Amazing to see how far this series has come. We've gotten races through back streets in LA to Submarines in Iceland. I skipped my junior high graduation to see the original, now I'll be 30 with 2 kids this year.

- I never wanted an 8th movie cause I couldnt see this being done w/o Brian, especially the way 7 ended. While wildly unrealistic at times, amazing entry in the series. I probably enjoyed this more so than both 6 AND 7.

- Vin shows much more emotion than we're used to seeing from him, Statham probably stole the 2nd half of the film, and I'm convinced The Rock could really save the world if he wanted to. Everybody else plays the role they usually do. Eastwood got a major amount of screen time, which I didn't expect.

- Charlize was given a ton of substance as a villain, job well done from her.

- A major credit to these films is the way they manage to connect characters together, old and new...and the twist we get midway through the movie is BONKERS. Definitely well crafted, and not cheesy as stated before me.

- Really think they hyped the New York stuff for marketing purposes because outside of 3-4 shots, the entire New York sequence was filmed in Georgia.

I'll definitely make my way to the theater at some point next weekend as it is worthy of watching again. Never got the vibe from 7, save for the ending.

No need to worry, guys...series is still going strong!

Last edited:
No need to worry, guys...series is still going strong!
nthat.gif

Maybe it's just me but I'm not nearly as excited as I used to be for these

I'm still going Friday but I have a feeling we might see a solid box office decline

I'm still going Friday but I have a feeling we might see a solid box office decline
I'm with you on this bro.  Without Paul it just doesn't seem the same.  Here is a great interview he did with Performance Auto and Sound magazine from 4 years ago.  He talks about how the fast series started and what are his favorite cars from the movie as well in real life.  Good read!

http://www.pasmag.com/features/articles/3029-interview-fast-and-furious-star-paul-walker

I'm with you on this bro.  Without Paul it just doesn't seem the same.  Here is a great interview he did with Performance Auto and Sound magazine from 4 years ago.  He talks about how the fast series started and what are his favorite cars from the movie as well in real life.  Good read!

http://www.pasmag.com/features/articles/3029-interview-fast-and-furious-star-paul-walker

Good read. Paul did bring up a good point though, the Manual transmission will be a thing of the past. Sport shift/paddle shift is boring.

Vin has long said he thought of it as a 10 film saga no? thus far i've yet to not have fun watching any of these movies. its one of my fav series and since i grew up with it (FF1 was middle school for me im pretty sure), it means a lot. some films are better than others, but thats cool. After paul died, i really thought 7 would've been the perfect end. he was the other face of the franchise, so continuing the series without him i thought was bold. they nailed the sendoff in 7. and i would've been fine with leaving it there. but 7 made over a billi. can't be surprised Vin is pushing thru with the final trilogy.

im not going in with high expectations, because they haven't bodied my feels since 5, the greatest of FF films. but i'll bet ill have a lot of fun watching 8. cars, girls, action. what more could i ask for?

Good read. Paul did bring up a good point though, the Manual transmission will be a thing of the past. Sport shift/paddle shift is boring.

im glad that some companies try to keep it around. honda, subaru, VW to name a few still try to offer that 3 pedal experience. subaru offers it on every car standard. i learned it from watching my family row gears growing up, and now I and my gf each drive our own manual cars. i plan on passing this skill down should i have children.

I'm still going to see every movie opening weekend and I'm excited for this one, but they just won't have the same excitement without Paul. I'm glad the early reviews are good, though, 79% on RT right now.

Just seen a screening tonight, movie is good, Charlize and Statham both were really good in this 1

Back
Top Bottom