Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

I'm gonna take the time out to watch this with all the finished cgi and stuff.
Some of the voice over work wasn't even done when I saw it, had some clown tryna emulate the Rock and Vin Diesels voices :lol:

Glad some of you guys really enjoyed it like I did.

Last edited:
I'm gonna take the time out to watch this with all the finished cgi and stuff.
Some of the voice over work wasn't even done when I saw it, had some clown tryna emulate the Rock and Vin Diesels voices :lol:

Glad some of you guys really enjoyed it like I did.

Huh, when did u watch it?

This is the first one I have seen since one and I hope the last. Acting was embarrassing at times, jokes felt lazy, and I'm pretty sure a 9 year old came up with most of the nonsense.

Did nobody else see the similarities between this movie and Team America world police?

I stopped reading at your first sentence.

Han's chick dying? "they got a tank!" Vin jumping over bridges? that joint was ill.

6 was LIT

The fight scene w dude from The Raid. "Nobody needs to know about this"

Letti v Gina Carano

Vin and the Rock teaming up to fight their dopplegangers

I legit started clapping when Vin caught Letty in mid air and landed on that soft soft car windshield

dhMeAzK.gif

Last edited:
Definitely liked this movie.  I have it ranked 5,6,8,7,1,2,4,,3.

What seemed weird is that it seemed as if everyone just forgot that Dekard Shaw killed their man Han.

In this movie, Dekard doesn't seem as if he blamed Han and the team for putting Owen in the hospital but Cipher.
Man that was killing me that nobody brought up Han. This dude killed y'all's man now yall cool?

Definitely liked this movie.  I have it ranked 5,6,8,7,1,2,4,,3.

What seemed weird is that it seemed as if everyone just forgot that Dekard Shaw killed their man Han.

In this movie, Dekard doesn't seem as if he blamed Han and the team for putting Owen in the hospital but Cipher.
Man that was killing me that nobody brought up Han. This dude killed y'all's man now yall cool?

only way i can type explain that is Shaw interacted with da mostly da rock, who I don't think knew Han that well.

plus got a favor in from his mother.

Also- props to the Rock for incorporating the Haka

the New Zealand rugby team The All Blacks performs it before each game

I don't see people's fascination with 6. Other than that long **** runway sequence at the end, I don't remember much of it.
if 6 is the one where Roman and Han get the crap kicked out of them by that one dude, to me that alone was worth the price of admission :lol:

dude was using Han to beat up Rome :lol:

-I liked this film, nice to see the team have a more psychological adversary,
-The reason for going rogue was great
-Stratham stole the show, I didn't think they could top the whole grabbing a torpedo and redirecting it, but they did(IMO)
-LOVED the opening, I'll discuss more when the spoiler seal is broken

The acting wasn't as crisp and I'll just put that on that this is the first movie from pre production to post where PW just wasn't there, I can only imagine what the mindset was like onset...especially for Vin, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese and Luda 20+ year relationship right there. SO i'm not gonna knock it at all for something like that

1,2,5,8,4,6,7,3 for me still early and need to rewatch 6 and 7 though, so this ranking is temp, I don't think the first 3 will ever change position for me

^ c'mon b...u got 2 over 5? :lol:

"pockets is empty cuz" is brilliant...but let's not get ahead of ourselves :lol:

Great movie

Jason Statham :pimp:

The trade insults were gold

One quote from Dom represents his character in the entire series
"I change him" referring to the Cuban man Dom won respect

I was like well, very true. Dom changed Brian Hobbs and now Deckard

Last edited:
Charlize reminded me of

Gone-in-Sixty-Seconds.jpg

Statham is that dude. MVP easily.

Helen Mirren 8)

Elena, RIP. Although not too despondent given her character arc.

This franchise can very well keep flourishing. From tunas to torpedoes.

100%, first thing I thought of when I saw Charlize

What a movie. Caught it last night and might watch it again tonight 
laugh.gif

Great reasoning for going "rouge," keeps Dom's code true

Family 
pimp.gif

^ c'mon b...u got 2 over 5? laugh.gif

"pockets is empty cuz" is brilliant...but let's not get ahead of ourselves laugh.gif
I broke up this franchise into 2 possibly 3 parts as not all movies are the same and most are different in terms of scenario

1, 2 and 5 are of course classic status
but at the time 1 and 2 came out nobody had no idea that it would turn into the franchise we saw today. I mean 2 drops and there's no Vin but it was still great and showed PW could carry this film, then tokyo drift comes out and while I saw it in theaters I figured after Tokyo drift this franchise would go into American Pie status with straight to home flicks. Then 4 came out with both Vin and PW and it was the start of a new trilogy(to me at least)

I think it's unfair to rank the classic films up against the newer films simply because if there's one franchise that has evolved to survive, plot,characters amount of CGI used and ridiculousness, it's this franchise and Even more so than something well established like Star Wars, because well they still deal with the force and jedi and the dark side and such. Fast really doesn't have it's original element or it's not as prominent as it once was.

It all comes down to opinion but there's no way I can rank anything above 1 or 2, especially 2 because we got Roman, and Tej, not only that but the film was a great character development piece for Brian in terms that now that Dom is gone what does he do now, go back to being a cop or keep down the path he's on. That dynamic played well into the 4th movie as when Dom returns they're at odds again

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Eastwood is clearly filling in Walkers place and I'm not even mad. He's able to pull it off.

Stathem and baby on plane was great.

Charlize was an excellent Villian.

Saw that twist from a mile away.

Cipher escaped and isnt the Boko guy also alive. Maybe their building a family of enemies?

Huh, when did u watch it?

I attended an advanced screening back in February.

ALSO...My main gripe.

I know couple other people put this in their survey after we saw the movie. Ian Shaw still killed Han, so I don't know how or whhy Dom would go to that cat for help. They still hadn't resolved that whole thing. They just turned it into a Shaw vs. Hobbs thing. Which was great, but I don't know how Dom still doesn't have any disdain for Ian. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom