Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

If Hobbs and Shaw is on par with Fast Five, then it's gonna be clear that The Rock got this franchise.
Pretty hyped Idris is cast as the villain.

5C7DD953-484D-467A-AAAA-19F2C642223F.gif

If Hobbs and Shaw is on par with Fast Five, then it's gonna be clear that The Rock got this franchise.
Pretty hyped Idris is cast as the villain.

Only if Vin is done with it. Which I wouldn’t be surprised by or mad at since Paul is gone.

Only if Vin is done with it. Which I wouldn’t be surprised by or mad at since Paul is gone.

I think the minute PW died, this is the conclusion the studio came to as a direction for the franchise to go, create a spinoff with a bankable star and create a similar dynamic between another character with Shaw. I hate to admit it but the series is forever changed for the worst because of what happened tragically to PW. There is no one for Vin to even remotely vibe off of like that and it sucks. They got away with it(kinda) with 8 because they gave Vin such a personal story that isolated him from the group and he does well on his own. PW had this irreplaceable aura with his character that was genuine and created the right kind of friction with Dom.
If they actually carry out 9 and 10 I'm gonna for sure watch in theaters, but I wouldn't be mad if they stopped making them.

Nah. The last one was actually cool. They could keep it going if they want.

Vin probably has no problem handing it to Rocky since he's still producing and gon' get paid and he can let himself go now instead of sucking in that gut in every shot

he can focus on the Xander Cage series and maybe continue on with Riddick or convince Marvel to let that character exist in the MCU cosmic universe,

hell the way he is in F&F films, dude seems stronger than the Inhumans and those in AoS so Dom would already fit right in :lol: could probably beatdown Cap with ease how OP he is

I think the minute PW died, this is the conclusion the studio came to as a direction for the franchise to go, create a spinoff with a bankable star and create a similar dynamic between another character with Shaw. I hate to admit it but the series is forever changed for the worst because of what happened tragically to PW. There is no one for Vin to even remotely vibe off of like that and it sucks. They got away with it(kinda) with 8 because they gave Vin such a personal story that isolated him from the group and he does well on his own. PW had this irreplaceable aura with his character that was genuine and created the right kind of friction with Dom.
If they actually carry out 9 and 10 I'm gonna for sure watch in theaters, but I wouldn't be mad if they stopped making them.

I want to agree with tay1 tay1 and say that Fast 8 was quite OK because they wrote it sans Paul Walker and penned dialogue between Diesel, Statham and Dwayne.

Fast 7 on the hand was kinda lame with the CGIed Paul Walker face as the lack of chemistry between Diesel and Paul was clear despite the computer trickery.

That said they need to watch for the spacing on the spinoffs as most of the Hollywood action films are getting way too formulaic.

I know some guys brought up F&F x Transformers x GI Joe but I think a F&F x Mission Impossible is probably more likely seeing how similar the latter two franchises have become.

I never said Fast 8 was bad. I said they got away with having Vin really interact with anyone else because they gave Dom a story that isolated him from the rest of the cast. It definitely worked, for that film. I just don't see the next 2 being quite as good because Dom,
assuming he will be with the crew the entire time, won't have that dynamic he had with Brian. They also can't write another personal story just for Vin where he isolates himself from the crew, at that point just give him his own spin off
(unless they break them up into smaller groups that carry out some plot point and they all meet up at the end)

It's definitely interesting to see what Hobbs and Shaw will bring to the table and what the actual plot of Fast 9 will be

I dont wanna disrespect Paul Walker but he was never that great in the films. Im not gon front and act like I remember much of what hes done in the films. It's sad that he passed of course. I'm not trying to be heartless but the franchise can easily continue without him. Not to say I want the franchise to continue tho . It seems like they're content with their formula, and to me its gonna get boring. I'd rather see what the spinoff offers at this point

Last edited:
Agreed with everyone. F8 wasn’t bad but it wasnt that good either, just wasn’t the same. Without that focus on the chemistry between Vin and Paul the movies won’t be as good. I’m intrigued by the direction they’re moving in but sad to see the end of the era.

Im assuming those FF x transformers x gi joe crossover ideas have been jokes because that would be ridiculous x 8000000 :lol:

Im assuming those FF x transformers x gi joe crossover ideas have been jokes because that would be ridiculous x 8000000 :lol:

they're jokes with FF but Transformes x GI Joe is still a huge possibility, gon' sell it as Rock v Cena

Looks like The Rock's new movie Skyscrapper bombed huge this weekend, are people going through The Rock fatigue or was this a small blimp on the radar?

Rock's a decent co-star. He needs someone else to have a rapport with. Simply not good at being the primary star.

That said he'll be fine with Statham. If the movie still bombs then there could fatigue as you said.

Back
Top Bottom