Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Looks like The Rock's new movie Skyscrapper bombed huge this weekend, are people going through The Rock fatigue or was this a small blimp on the radar?
Wouldn’t called it a “HUGE BOMB” lol. Most sites thought it would do around 30 million.

Universal and Legendary's Skyscraper landed in third position with an estimated $25.48 million over its debut weekend, falling short of Mojo's weekend forecast as well as the studio's anticipated $30 million performance. For star Dwayne Johnson, while Skyscraper opened above Baywatch, this debut is $4.5 million behind 2014's Hercules, which went on to gross $72.7 million domestically.

skyscraper was never going to be a big box office domestically, they're banking on it doing well internationally and that is why rock was in china for like 2 weeks promoting the film

already made $40m outside the US so it's kind of working

Rampage made $99m domestic and $325m international though that has a more mainstream appeal being based on a game and having a big monster

Nah. Wasnt promoted enough to supposed to be a blockbuster or anything. Just a typical lazy action movie.

Wasn't promoted enough my man? Lol they had that image of him jumping off the crane almost half a year ago. :lol: Local cinemas stayed playing that trailer for months too.

As rfx45 rfx45 said, I think this movie's financial backing is from China and the fictitious skyscraper itself is located in Hong Kong so they're expecting it to do huge numbers there.

Wasn't promoted enough my man? Lol they had that image of him jumping off the crane almost half a year ago. :lol: Local cinemas stayed playing that trailer for months too.

As rfx45 rfx45 said, I think this movie's financial backing is from China and the fictitious skyscraper itself is located in Hong Kong so they're expecting it to do huge numbers there.

Guess I havent been paying attention. Only reason I heard of the movie was through some youtube review account.

they should just have a paul walker sound a like call dom and tell him to look after his younger brother and bring the guy from maze runner or iron fist in to play his younger brother

Please, just no. It’s over let it end in peace. They’re not replacing Paul with his brothers or random Paul-type dudes. The family won and they’re all home it’s done.

When it comes to skyscraper the movie there are a few things holding it back.

1.) Diehard owns this lane and did it till it was done
2) You can go on youtube and watch a ton of Yolos who climb cranes and backflip on ledges with a go pro, and then ditch security. Watching the rock fake it with CGI is comparatively hella boring and fake looking.

I have no issue with them bringing in the Walker Bros. as NEW characters. Let Paul RIP and Brian just be written out.

I know F&F 7 made a crap ton of money but the CGIed scenes of Brian were terrible.

Can the Walker Bros. act though? The F&F team is already far too big and there are useless characters that overlap.

Yo. How's the spinoff gonna have a more serious tone and better actors than the OG.

Crazy how they really replaced the whole cast with Statham and Rock. You had to know it was gonna happen with all those bigger name cameos in the last Furious movie. They were definitely trying to find that continuation.:lol:

he has about 8 months to stew on the hate before FF9 starts filming... that's if Vin feels bad enough for him and invites him back then again their mutual hate for Rocky might just bring them closer

Fast & Furious 9 Expected To Start Filming In April 2019

Dominic Toretto and his family will ride again next year, when production on Fast & Furious 9 gets underway in April. The film was originally scheduled to hit theaters in 2019, but was pushed back a year in order to make room for the as-yet untitled Fast & Furious spinoff movie spearheaded by Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. Fast & Furious 9 is now slated to arrive in Spring 2020, instead.

GWW is reporting that Universal and Lin will begin shooting Fast & Furious 9 on April 20, 2019, with the franchise's longtime cinematographer Stephen F. Windon already in place to return. Dominic Toretto himself, Vin Diesel, previously claimed that Lin is committed to directing both Fast & Furious 9 and Fast 10, but neither the filmmaker nor Universal have confirmed that news yet. Similarly, it was once reported that the next two Fast & Furious movies would shoot back to back (withFast 10 serving as the franchise's conclusion), but that no longer appears to be the plan.

They should make it where Dom was undercover CIA whole time. Same with Mia, Letty, Han, Tej and Giselle. Brian just got sucked in on some LAPD incompetence but proved to be a valuable asset so they brought him in. That would explain how Dom had a house, a business, a fully supped RX-7 and a Charger off of just selling stolen DVD players. Also, it would explain how Dom even knew Han and Giselle, also how Tej went from a shop owner to a genius hacker. It would also explain how they went from stealing DVD players and street racing to international espionage.

Back
Top Bottom