Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

It's inevitable... :nerd::nerd::nerd:

299d26404ea1028f3fa92ffc12675653366a7fe846863e1361eaad68de606b86.jpg

man you forgetting that women love statham too

Yeah I don't know why people forget how women will spend in all of this. Know a grip of women that saw Aquaman just for Momoa, and do the same for The Rock, Idris etc. They knew what they were doing.

they had genuine anger between each other before their wrestlemania match, they may have hashed it out by now but i think the two still do not like each other

Watching this in Dolby tonight, I caught a spoiler checking out the screen grabs from the cam version thats out, my fault tho for peeping it.

can someone put the cameos and mid/end credit scenes in a spoiler, I'm not interested in the actual movie, just if are there cameos from the F&F franchise

Just got back, wasn't amazing, but fun as hell...my 2 cents.

The banter, the gear and even the action pieces that make you go :rolleyes :smh: was worth checking out.

Simple obvious nods to the originals, like driving under a big rig but with a twist and the obnoxious amount of NOS lol.

The cameos were jokes, definitely enjoyed Ryan Reynolds (who got more screen time than I thought) and Kevin Hart

Though they made super brief mention of him during the final fight, there was no mention of Ian Shaw, which was odd to me.

I saw a post on IG awhile back, a fan had asked why didn't they get Jason Mamoa to be apart of it, The Rock surprisingly responded by saying they did try to get him but wasn't a lock due to scheduling. But said theres a chance it could happen down the line.

After seeing that vid itsaboutthattime posted, I can definitely see why Reynolds got that much screen time (including the 2 post credit scenes - 3 total), they might be using him as a potential villian. Theres that and the Deadpool 2 connection, David Leitch directed it. And there was even a cameo by the guy who played Peter.

Oh and lastly, they basically brought in SkyNet into the F&F universe. **** is ridiculous.

So, coming from watching a film like Once upon a time in Hollywood to this... I really just had to turn my brain off and have fun man. I usually try to marathon or lack there-of when big sequels come out, I was only able to catch F&F 1, good times man.

Last edited:
cliff_curtis.jpg

Once again Hollywood's most racially ambiguous man strikes a new demographic once again.
From Mexican gangbanger in training day, to Middle Eastern man in Three Kings to a Samoan mechanic.
Racially ambiguous man manages to navigate Hollywoods racial codes with a black mans name ( Cliff Curtis ).
He's a native New Zealander so this role may be the closest to his ethnicity he's ever done.

Movie was a basic summer, popcorn action flick. Too long; dragged on in the middle. Did Shaw make a connection to another franchise?

cliff_curtis.jpg

Once again Hollywood's most racially ambiguous man strikes a new demographic once again.
From Mexican gangbanger in training day, to Middle Eastern man in Three Kings to a Samoan mechanic.
Racially ambiguous man manages to navigate Hollywoods racial codes with a black mans name ( Cliff Curtis ).
He's a native New Zealander so this role may be the closest to his ethnicity he's ever done.
@Bend_The_Knee

The third act was dumb, I was amazed how dumb it was. Everything became a cartoon and it seemed like a competition to top itself.

I would have been fine after the first two acts, but the third left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Idris was a good villain. The jokes didn't hit to me, but the action made up for it. Stringer and the bike was dope.

If I were Samoan I might be offended at the portrayal.

Back
Top Bottom