Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

dog I understand the benefits of it I'm saying the upkeep and maintenance are gonna be more of a hassle ...if the robot that makes the food goes down they have to shut down the store
machines dont call in sick..they may need some oil every now and then lol.. they do have their shortcomings but the pros outweigh the cons by far

there's a reason handmade things cost more... including your hand made bigmac and whopper

fast food workers should be protesting rising inflation and how lousy our education and preparation system is. these wage increases will lead to more automation and job cuts.

computers have been popular since the late 80s and it's despicable that coding hasn't been taught in schools. raising mininum wage is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. that 15 bucks will be worth the 7 they're getting now in a few years.

Truth on top of truth. Economics major ?

fast food workers should be protesting rising inflation and how lousy our education and preparation system is. these wage increases will lead to more automation and job cuts.

computers have been popular since the late 80s and it's despicable that coding hasn't been taught in schools. raising mininum wage is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. that 15 bucks will be worth the 7 they're getting now in a few years.
I've been to a couple of McDonalds whose front counters are completely ran by a touchscreen kiosk...

Last edited:

I've been to a couple of McDonalds whose front counters are completely ran by a touchscreen kiosk...
honestly id rather have machines handle my food. people are disgusting, how many videos weve seen of people spitting on or messing with peoples food. messing up orders. those free style coke machines are 
pimp.gif
.. we need replacements like that. 

Last edited:

honestly id rather have machines handle my food. people are disgusting, how many videos weve seen of people spitting on or messing with peoples food. messing up orders. those free style coke machines are 
pimp.gif
.. we need replacements like that
Yeah, I agree complaining about minimum wage is pointless when you can be replaced.

I don't use those self service machines. I'd rather keep someone working.

thats pretty depressing when you think about it

people who's jobs are so useless that the only reason they get paid is because people feel sorry for them and want them to be employed rather than actually adding value to the customer.

Nah I run into problems, specifically with immigrants and especially when they're in larger groups...

This one time at McDonalds, I ordered a meal and asked for an orange juice and a bottled water, and the cashier charged me for it but didn't give it to me. Then when I confronted her she said "no you didn't , sir" and threw out my receipt to cover her tracks. NO ONE looked out for me behind the counter, there's immigrant customers shaking their head like I'm a trouble maker when all I wanted was what I paid for. I wasn't loud or disrespectful either.

Finally the manager said he was busy but heard and saw everything, at that point he pulled up the order and told her it wasn't right what she did. She said "but he didn't" and smiled at him, and he was like "okay so why did I see you throw out his receipt and where's his copy?"

I'd rather see an unbiased machine WORKING...

Last edited:
Nah I run into problems, specifically with immigrants and especially when they're in larger groups...
NO ONE looked out for me behind the counter, there's immigrant customers shaking their head like I'm a trouble maker when all I wanted was what I paid for. ..

this is of little relevance to weather or not someone shoud be taking the orders or an automated system.

How did you know they were immigrants man?

please explain this to me.

How can you tell who and who isn't and immigrant here in the states dude.

:lol:

no one in NYC can survive making $8.75

instead of being upset that they passed a law that reflects how much it costs to NYC (you barely surviving with $15 too) why not be upset that whoever you are working for isn't paying you enough

I see people upset because they have a degree and making $15, the problem isn't ppl in McDonalds making as much as you .. that's not the problem at all

instead of being upset that they passed a law that reflects how much it costs to NYC (you barely surviving with $15 too) why not be upset that whoever you are working for isn't paying you enough

I see people upset because they have a degree and making $15, the problem isn't ppl in McDonalds making as much as you .. that's not the problem at all
thats the point.. if you make $8.75/hour you shouldnt be living in NYC...

thats pretty depressing when you think about it

people who's jobs are so useless that the only reason they get paid is because people feel sorry for them and want them to be employed rather than actually adding value to the customer.
bruh, you know how many useless jobs we have just to try and help the unemployment rate.

.. bank tellers arent need. i expect them to be automated shortly. 

telemarketers

paparrazi

street sign holders

politicians

toll booth attendants. 

etc etc. so many useless jobs. 

Last edited:

thats the point.. if you make $8.75/hour you shouldnt be living in NYC...

No the point is the minimum wage should reflect the minimum wage it cost to live in that specific city :lol:

Just means these fast food spots will be working with minimal staff. 1 front end cashier, one drive-thru, a couple cooks and a manager.

$15hr isn't nothing in NYC, but the HS kids living at home with moms are about to flourish.

If you were a grown adult working for that $8.75 you should have been moved, NYC is not the city for you at that wage.

How can you move if you don't have the money to move?

$15 an hour isn't nothing in a lot of cities. But it's a start. People are really making a big deal over $31,000 yr... Come on now. A lot of us make 3 or more times that. Anybody out here working deserves a chance to have a somewhat decent life. Regardless of where they work at, at least they're trying. :rolleyes

There are a lot of jobs that deserve $15/hour, but that's not the point.

The point is everyone deserves a living wage for their labor.

False. That is not a right. No one deserves that. The sense of entitlement that people have these days is disgusting. In this country you have the right to pursue your happiness. If you don't attain it then you ****** up somewhere. Hopefully, your children and those around you will learn from your mistakes, and not get caught out here protesting for $15/hr to flip burgers. Absolutely ridiculous.

False. That is not a right. No one deserves that. The sense of entitlement that people have these days is disgusting. In this country you have the right to pursue your happiness. If you don't attain it then you ****** up somewhere. Hopefully, your children and those around you will learn from your mistakes, and not get caught out here protesting for $15/hr to flip burgers. Absolutely ridiculous.
Wow this is one of the dumbest post ever no surprise who it came from tho

no it isnt .anyone who works 40 hours a week  should be able to afford their basic living expense on whatever job that may be. its ridiculous that business and companies have been able to pay workers such low wages and get away with it.  wanting a livable wage is being entitled . thats bs . foh with that nonsense. . 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom