Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

I mean I'm not asking for them to be paid the world. But they are getting 18k a year. At least givem 23-25k a year

Sometimes it is though. I worked with mentally challenged people who weren't really qualified for anything more difficult than a set task everyday. Should they get paid nothing

mentally challenge get a pass obviously

c'mon

Seriously, look at what McDonald's employees in Germany get. You'll be shocked, but as long as people love the rich in this country they'll fight their fellow man for scraps.

I'm digging around looking for Euros etc. converted to dollars so it makes sense for me.

Here's a link of minimum wage, state-by-state:

Link

I mean I'm not asking for them to be paid the world. But they are getting 18k a year. At least givem 23-25k a year
I consider myself a liberal and believe we should help people, but on the flip side of the coin I'm also supremely rational, and the word "GIVE" just rankles me, everytime I see it.

People should earn what they receive.

I consider myself a liberal and believe we should help people, but on the flip side of the coin I'm also supremely rational, and the word "GIVE" just rankles me, everytime I see it.

When I say give I don't mean they don't work. Despite what people may think, mcdonalds isn't an easy job.

My job in finance is a hell of a lot less stressful and annoying than working in fast food

Last edited:

co sign dude

rep

Crappy jobs are crappy jobs.

My first was at 17 off-loading freight from 18-wheelers with thousands of boxes on 12-hour shifts. 100 degrees, straight manual labor, went home sneezing out dust every night. I made $8.50hr. That was my motivation to get serious about school so I would never have to go back to that.

When I say give I don't mean they don't work. Despite what people may think, mcdonalds isn't an easy job.

My job in finance is a hell of a lot less stressful and annoying than working in fast food

i believe it so how about this

they get a raise, you an I should too.

everything else goes up also. gas 5 a gallon, 2017

Food servers shouldn't get paid......, oh wait, unless they're a waiter, then they should....... #NTlogic

It's not as simple as if you want better pay, get a better job. It's too much part time work, not enough full time. There should be no reason that a 17 year old has to compete with older folks for a McDonalds type job.
This. I understand hardtimes hit everyone and sometimes you gotta do a job thats far from what you're use to doing, but you if you have the chance to get a better paying job or try and get some skills to help you land a better paying job and instead you want to stay at mcdonalds and demand that they give you a pay increase. IMO I think Mcdonalds would really like to come out and say this job is for teens looking to make a few bucks not you older folks,but that would lead age discrimination lawsuits.

Last edited:
why do secretaries deserve what they making since everything is based on how hard your job is?

Yes, Mcdonald's is an easy job.  And I know, because as a teen I worked there for 2 years.

Its busy, yes.  But the work is not inherently stressful.  Plus the stakes are hella-low. The repercussions for any given failure at any aspect of work at Mcdonald's is what? The manager having to compensate a patron with a $10 gift card.

Last edited:

I believe these people are working for it, nobody is "giving" them anything

Food servers shouldn't get paid......, oh wait, unless they're a waiter, then they should....... #NTlogic

dude you go against the grain for everything, thats your thing cool.

first off ive worked fast food before, min wage jobs before........and plenty of temp jobs an warehouse work

blue collar all day an im a very physical person

ive been all the way broke before with shot credit

ive never not once thought i deserved to be given a damn thing.

even now i still feel like im behind, an im still hungry for more an working on that an im living better than some or on same level as college grads i know. they want 15 for that job, hell no

go to the student loan regret thread, yea i saw you got grants and scholorships good for you, you werent GIVEN that you EARNED that bro.

life is good aint it? i do like your cocky persona on here. hi 5

Last edited:

first off ive worked fast food before, min wage jobs before........and plenty of temp jobs an warehouse work

even now i still feel like im behind an im living better than some or on same level as college grads i know. they want 15 for that job, hell no

go to the student loan regret thread, yea i saw you got grants and scholorships good for you, you werent GIVEN that you EARNED that bro.

life is good aint it. i do like your cocky persona on here. hi 5

The $15 dollar is a negotiation tactic. They know they're not getting that.

I believe these people are working for it, nobody is "giving" them anything
Your belief is wrong.

The whole premise of minimum wage is to "give" people more than they would make under a system of true unregulated capitalism.

Yes, they work, but the value of their work is being falsely inflated by a price floor.

And once again, let me say...I don't hate these people, and I don't diminish their struggles, but what I wrote are just the facts.

Last edited:
I worked for McDonalds in HS and believe me its not a $15 per hour job. Yes they deserve an increase in MW but it should not be $15. You don't even need a HS diploma work at a Fast Food joint. Only Fast Food place that I can say should pay their employees $15 per hour is Chick-fil-a. That place is always clean and their employees are super nice plus its delicious as far as fast food goes. Trust if MW goes to $15 for fast food joints I'm getting a PT job there...easy $$$.

If fast food work was $15/hr I too would work it as a second job on weekends.

I can't pass up on that kind of value

Basically free money

even now i still feel like im behind, an im still hungry for more an working on that an im living better than some or on same level as college grads i know. they want 15 for that job, hell no

life is good aint it? i do like your cocky persona on here. hi 5

Who are you to dictate what someone has earned? That's all subjective. To me college was pretty simple, to others going for the same degree it was like pulling teeth. Did they earn more than I did? My point is you can't use the idea of "it's easy" to justify what they should earn.

And let's not sit here and act like McDonald's isn't generating billions. They can afford the wages

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom