Fast-Food Workers Strike As Their Productivity Falls

Ah yes, just go to school. That's it. Even though your job barely pays enough for food and rent, just go to school. It's so simple. Why didn't these people think of this before?

You conveniently skipped over the part about learning a trade, skill, and going to career centers to improve their earning potential. Many high schools in the nation offer auto and electronic trades programs, and many career centers offer their services for free along with job placement.

Money isn't the only resource you need to learn (see: Good Will Hunting), and far too often people allow themselves to become victims of circumstance. School helps, but don't act like every fast food worker ended up where they're at because of the systems of oppression and racism forced them to play the hand that they were dealt. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I dont make 15/hr at the bank dawg.

Anyone else that works in a bank want to "Strike 4 15?"

Even when I worked at verizon. Supposedly the best paying wireless company we only got 14 plus commission.

You conveniently skipped over the part about learning a trade, skill, and going to career centers to improve their earning potential. Many high schools in the nation offer auto and electronic trades programs, and many career centers offer their services for free along with job placement.

Money isn't the only resource you need to learn (see: Good Will Hunting), and far too often people allow themselves to become victims of circumstance. School helps, but don't act like every fast food worker ended up where they're at because of the systems of oppression and racism forced them to play the hand that they were dealt. :rolleyes

Took the words perfectly out of my mouth.

Funny thing is there's a shortage of cross country truck drivers and the trucking industry needs employees. To my knowledge they pay decent and offer benifits for the most part.

But most these strikers are selective and want high wages at their convienece. If you have no kids, being a trucker would be a good option to look at right now considering the shortage and need of employees.

Also, while a big corporation like McDonald's has the corporate financial backing to pay employees $15 per hr if it wanted to,

What about the family owned mom and pop burger joints and restaurants. If its a small family owned place, the wage increase could be damaging for them. Increasing food prices to offset wage increases could be damaging to business for them. If these increases ever happened it could be potentially damaging to the family owned mom and pop restaurant.

too fat bc of these type of joints on every block of too many areas

Urban food deserts are one of the biggest health problems in America today, man.

A food desert is an area, typically a populous urban environment, in the industrialized world where healthy, affordable food is difficult to obtain. Food deserts are also noted in rural areas and are most prevalent in low-socioeconomic minority communities.

Also, while a big corporation like McDonald's has the corporate financial backing to pay employees $15 per hr if it wanted to

If anyone can, it's them.

According to the Kansas City researcher who did the original wages-to-Big Mac study, McDonald's spends about 17% of U.S. revenue on employee salaries and benefits.

That includes CEO. Downright crazy. Source

Last edited:
Mannnn. I'm all for a raise in minimum wage and all, but $15/hr. for working at a fast food joint is crazy. I wonder what their strategy behind that is cause there's no way they actually believe they're gonna get that

Mannnn. I'm all for a raise in minimum wage and all, but $15/hr. for working at a fast food joint is crazy. I wonder what their strategy behind that is cause there's no way they actually believe they're gonna get that

I highly doubt they have a strategy or a real leader/voice of the movement. If they have a lead force behind the strike, perhaps they get some sort of increase, not what their demanding but they'll get something. I'm curious to how organized these strikes are though and how knowledgeable the people striking are in regards to their situation.

Also, while a big corporation like McDonald's has the corporate financial backing to pay employees $15 per hr if it wanted to,

What about the family owned mom and pop burger joints and restaurants. If its a small family owned place, the wage increase could be damaging for them. Increasing food prices to offset wage increases could be damaging to business for them. If these increases ever happened it could be potentially damaging to the family owned mom and pop restaurant.

Well then they can just become truck drivers right? Because that's what you do when you don't make enough money.

Last edited:
Well then they can just become truck drivers right?

Your posts are based off of faulty selective reading and lack substance and you convientely leave out certain parts of the posts you respond to in an attempt to make your faulty arguments look good. There not worth entertaining.

Gotta love statistics.. One could argue that higher wages would INCREASE productivity.. Just look at Costco or places like In-N-Out where wages are just a touch higher.. You pay people more and that sense of pride/extra money does wonders

^ never really noticed that, but now that you mention it, the employees at these establishments do come off as positive and helpful beyond that of their peers. Good point.

Gotta love statistics.. One could argue that higher wages would INCREASE productivity.. Just look at Costco or places like In-N-Out where wages are just a touch higher.. You pay people more and that sense of pride/extra money does wonders
Costco and in-n-out are ideal models for other companies to follow after. i've heard both offer some type of benifits as well.   while $15 is to much to ask for,something like the costco/in-n-out model would go a long way towards fixing things and being reasonable/

Costco and in-n-out are ideal models for other companies to follow after. i've heard both offer some type of benifits as well.   while $15 is to much to ask for,something like the costco/in-n-out model would go a long way towards fixing things and being reasonable/

Why should mcd's follow other companies models when their profit margins are so high? Their goal is to maximize shareholder wealth.

Why should mcd's follow other companies models when their profit margins are so high? Their goal is to maximize shareholder wealth.
technically they don't have to.  they could realistically keep things as is, tell employees that if they don't like it then to bad go find something else andhave a revolving door of employees coming in and out.

however, from a moral perspective it would be the right thing to give them a slight wage plus some benifits, but their not entitled to do so nor do they have to. 

and that's weird when i quote you, it edits part of your username out.

Last edited:
I agree. America is too fat though.

too fat bc of these type of joints on every block of too many areas

As long as you have people like Honey Boo Boo and her mom running rampant on TV and people thinking they live an OK lifestyle these places will grow and continue to grow.

Side Note: Garbage like that show and all this reality TV needs to be cancelled. So much garbage on the tube these days

As long as you have people like Honey Boo Boo and her mom running rampant on TV and people thinking they live an OK lifestyle these places will grow and continue to grow.

Side Note: Garbage like that show and all this reality TV needs to be cancelled. So much garbage on the tube these days

THIS

I don't see how my little sis watches that tomfoolery :smh:
Bunch of country *** overweight mutha*******

You know what, they can increase the wage and triple the cost of food, I'm down for that idea...make it a bit less affordable so that lazy parents can be reintroduced to their kitchens again and obesity can perhaps decrease along with it

The food is trash no doubt, but you don't HAVE to get a double cheeseburger. They do have healthier alternatives just not as affordable as said double cheeseburger

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind if all these fast food joints burnt to the ground....killing our people with all that garbage they call food

Then where the hell would I buy chicken nuggets? These places aren't killing people, people are killing themselves.

You can't just single out the typical fastfood places. Convenience stores like 7 Eleven sell a bunch of junk. Donut shops and starbucks sell pounds of sugar. Delis have sandwiches that will clog your arteries. Chinese takeout spots and pizzerias aren't exactly healthy. Point is bad options are everywhere. I enjoy this stuff once in a while because they taste damn good.

Then where the hell would I buy chicken nuggets? These places aren't killing people, people are killing themselves.

You can't just single out the typical fastfood places. Convenience stores like 7 Eleven sell a bunch of junk. Donut shops and starbucks sell pounds of sugar. Delis have sandwiches that will clog your arteries. Chinese takeout spots and pizzerias aren't exactly healthy. Point is bad options are everywhere. I enjoy this stuff once in a while because they taste damn good.

point taken

you can get junk at a lot of places, even TGI Fridays etc

Back
Top Bottom