Fastrak Question.

I used my friends Fastrak today on the Bay Bridge and it beeped. Now on the way home from the city I used it again on the Carquinez Bridge and it didn'tbeep. How much will I be fined for this and could I have the ticket waived if I do get one? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

My fastrak doesn't even beep anymore. I think the fine is like 40 bucks or so. Have your friend call fastrak cust service and say that y'all didn'tknow you had to register the license plate to the car and that he was rolling with you in the car. They should waive it because that's what I did when itdidn't beep with my friend. You might want to wait until the ticket comes in before you call them first so they have a reference number and junk.

for future reference...you probably shouldnt be using your friends fastrak...the owner of it registers every vehicle that willbe using it, and if an unauthorized car uses it they can be fined...i dont know if they enforce it, but the booklet that came with mine said its monitoredclosely...

fastrak will just send you a letter saying you ran the booth without paying/having the fastrak...they will ask you to either pay $8 or sign up for fastrak...

i dont even bother with displaying my fastrak anymore... my thing is if they dont catch my plates, i dont have to pay for that trip, but if they do,they'll just deduct from my account...

the fastrak got to be registered to the car in order to use it so I would tell your friend he wasn't aware of it but they will know he is lying because hehad to register his car to it but it is worth a try.

Don't worry about it, when you get your ticket it gives you instructions on how to add your car to your friend's Fastrak account online and how to getyour ticket charge waived to the normal $4 toll. I've done it before, no big deal, nothing to worry about unless they changed the rules in the past threemonths.

how does fasttrak work? is it a monthly payment and I can cross any of the bridges in the bay as many times as I want? and where do I go about getting one?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

how does fasttrak work? is it a monthly payment and I can cross any of the bridges in the bay as many times as I want? and where do I go about getting one?

it works like a prepaid phone...you put money on it and it deducts when you go through a toll booth..

if you buy from costco you get a free 5 bucks in tolls, and an additional free 5 bucks if you register with an american express card...not a bad deal..

Fighting the ticket is easy and is worth your time. Just tell them the truth that you had your friends Fastrak, provide them the Fastrtak code, and itshould get deducted from that account or you will have to mail a check for the toll amount. This happens more often then you would think so they will let youoff no problem.....

Back
Top Bottom