Fat Joe Is NOT A Legend

but above average in NYC is waaaaay better then what da them down bottom cats is doin
Are you serious? C'mon now Ninjahood, you really make it seem like Joe is paying you to defend him. I have nothing against him, and I respectthat he is still relevant in the game. However, dude is wack now. Who even said he is an "above average rapper in NYC" Not even close. If you sitback and listen to artist like Joel Ortiz and compare him to the rhymes and music Fat Joe has out, you should be embarassed for saying he is "an aboveaverage rapper in NYC"
Joe aint doing anything different than what souljah boy is doing, for real. If you look at Trilla and Elephant in the Room, those two albums sound identical toeach other, with the exception of that Premo joint.
It's cool to sit back and say you're a fan, but to defend him and call him a legend based off of longevity is crazy.
Kingdom Come was considered a dissapointment to many, but even then Beach Chair>Elephant in the room.

What does choosing not to have security, or unable to gather more then 3 friends at a time have to do with being legendary??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Fat Joe fans are stupid for 2 reasons

- enjoying his music
- trying to convince others that he doesn't suck on 90% of his songs he's EVER made.

^lol....but yall are the same ninjas dont didnt even listen and say he suck suck suck suck. jay z"do yall listen to music or just skim thru it???"seriously yoo No hook, Beach chair, Say hello, Fallin YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS pero(but) Brooklyn BASURAAAAAAA(garbage) success ight, I know nooooooooo, blue magicthrow away track like it best bonus song, ignorant %+# is from like 3 years ago, sweet no sir its okay, roc boys is aight, and this is suppose to be top 3 guy.Joey crack 300 brolic is CRAZYYYYY better then any track on that album beat wise and beatin the beat up wise %+# is crazy stop frontin listen to the albumversion almost broke my windows in the whip, My conscience, that white both 5/5 crazy tracks Drop is a way better banger then blue magic, sweet, even roc boyzCrackhouse is on same level as fallin, no hook, say hello I wont tell better single then blue magic and roc boys Preacher on a sunday morning on beach chairlevel The fugitive CRAZZZZZZZZZZZY intro... listen to the cd we comparin 12 tracks to 15 and jay z the GOAT right?? and joe now top 20 in nyc to yall right??So when i say thats better then AE i just prooved it SHout out to dc joey said it to "OF COURSE I FLOSS LIKE DEM D.C. BOYZ"

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

- enjoying his music
- trying to convince others that he doesn't suck on 90% of his songs he's EVER made.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how are dudes talking about "street credibility"
dudes sound like girls tryna rate-a-mate.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

- enjoying his music

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how are dudes talking about "street credibility"
dudes sound like girls tryna rate-a-mate.
laugh.gif

uh oh. dont go there again...

laugh.gif

at da end of da day, ya can't speak on what ya don't hear...i'd bet guap fat joe's earlier album's are just footnotes for ya and ya neverheard em...and ya just assume duke is wack.....
grin.gif

oh and me, myself, and I >> kingdome come

at da end of da day, ya can't speak on what ya don't hear...i'd bet guap fat joe's earlier album's are just footnotes for ya and ya neverheard em...and ya just assume duke is wack.....
grin.gif

oh and me, myself, and I >> kingdome come..

200803FSHEEK_160x240.jpg

[h1]Sheek Louch: Point Blank[/h1]
March 19th, 2008 | Author: Francesca Djerejian

[table][tr][td]« Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next »[/td] [td]View All Pages[/td] [/tr][/table]

A member of one of rap's most respected and enduring groups, The L.O.X., Sheek Louch could fallback, survey the imitators, and enjoy his legacy. But experience in the rap game and the pursuit of a solo career has only made him hungrier.

After a personal introduction as a solo artist, Walk Witt Me, Sheek incorporated much more of the industryon his sophomore release, After Taxes. On his newest album Silverback Gorilla, dropping March 18th, Sheek has features fromBun B, Fat Joe, The Game, DJ Unk, Jim Jones, Hell Rell,protégé Bully, and his L.O.X. family.

Excited about the production, conceptual range and growth on the album, Sheek combines the enthusiasm of a new jackwith the outlook of a seasoned veteran. While discussing major labels, disgruntled artists, the music grind, and the impact of The L.O.X.,Sheek still gives it to you point blank.

HipHopDX: Walk Witt Me seemed like a more personal album, you didn't have any features besides D-Block, and thenon After Taxes you brought in a lot more of the industry as far as concepts and features. Where is Silverback Gorilla going to be compared tothose first two albums?
Sheek Louch:
You're right about that, Walk Witt Me was the breaking out of, "Let me show people I can do that too, besides thegroup." Then I felt like everything you just said , with After Taxes. This one, I'm more grown- I'm older now, been through more,touched on more topics, experimented with different songs. Like for example, my lead single, "Good Love," that's not usually my style of a songthat I would do. But Red Spyda brought the track to me and he was like "Yo Sheek, if you bang this out, you out ofhere." It had the feel to me of that Erick Sermon record "(Just Like) Music," when he had Marvin Gayecoming in. I said "This is hot, everybody loves that Betty Wright," so it's just different.

DX: You have a lot of non-New York features on the album, how did you choose them?
S:
These are people like I respect. Fat Joe, I like his growth, I like that he's still inthe game grinding. Just when you count Joe out, he'll come with a "Lean Back" or Top 10 record. Bun B isdefinitely a legend in this game, just like myself I feel. And [DJ] Unk, I liked his grind, and it wasn't just becausehe's on Koch as well. He came to me with these tracks. Like a lot of people that I dealt with are people that I speak to anyway. Like[Fat Joe] could call me like, "Yo, Louch I got this video, come and fly down man, I got you," it'slike that with us. Even though Ghostface ain't on this album, that's another brother that I speak to on the regular, it's not evenabout music.

like it or not, plenty of rappers respect fat joe, its sad alot of newbie fans who aren't familiar wit his albums shortchange him.

I swear NinjaHood has this Fat Joe Database where he stores random Fat Joe information son be coming with news clips, articles, interviews, Fat Joe memorabilia, pictures... my dude needs to open up a Fat Joe encyclopedia with all the random info he has on him.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

I swear NinjaHood has this Fat Joe Database where he stores random Fat Joe information son be coming with news clips, articles, interviews, Fat Joe memorabilia , pictures... my dude needs to open up a Fat Joe encyclopedia with all the random info he has on him.

its called backin up talk with facts.

like it or not, plenty of rappers respect fat joe
You got it all confused champ. Other people in your same field having general respect for you does not, I repeat DOES NOT=LEGENDARY STATUS. Yougotta realize, Joey chills with most of these dudes on the regular, whether that be at video shoots or just random parties and functions, you can be cool withsomeone and respect what they do, especially if you've known them long enough cause after awhile its just general acceptance. However, don't be fooledinto thinking that somehow puts Fat Joe in the the legendary column, cause it doesn't, not one bit. I'm telling you right now, God forbid somethingtragic happen to Fat Joe, but if it did life would go on and hardly anybody would care. It was just be another day. Reason being, at the end of the day hismusic means nothing, just like the vast majority of his fans.

Back
Top Bottom