Federal Job Thread - US Customs is hiring

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Been tellin my girl to apply for this for the last month. What work experience exactly are they looking for, kuz she been doin security for a min?
If she's been working security, at an airport, shipyard, or something official have her apply. 
It does not hurt to apply, it's hurts when you didn't apply and you look back on it like "Damn I should have applied" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Been tellin my girl to apply for this for the last month. What work experience exactly are they looking for, kuz she been doin security for a min?
If she's been working security, at an airport, shipyard, or something official have her apply. 
It does not hurt to apply, it's hurts when you didn't apply and you look back on it like "Damn I should have applied" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

federal goverment is always trying to hire. I work for social security and we interview a lot of people all year long. there is going to be a large group of people that are going to retire because they are baby boomers so get an ap in asap.we are going to hire a lot of people within the next few years. so, if you got that degree or work experience then file for any federal agency.
U know what, u may be on to something. I'm lookin more into Secret Service and gigs of that nature in the DC area. I really don't wanna do uniform division but if it gets me a nod and better benefits for my family, I'm gon jump at it.

federal goverment is always trying to hire. I work for social security and we interview a lot of people all year long. there is going to be a large group of people that are going to retire because they are baby boomers so get an ap in asap.we are going to hire a lot of people within the next few years. so, if you got that degree or work experience then file for any federal agency.
U know what, u may be on to something. I'm lookin more into Secret Service and gigs of that nature in the DC area. I really don't wanna do uniform division but if it gets me a nod and better benefits for my family, I'm gon jump at it.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

USSS - Special Agent - DC
http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.a...&FedPub=Y&pg=1&re=0&AVSDM=2010-11-09+10:16:00

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

USSS - Special Agent - DC
http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.a...&FedPub=Y&pg=1&re=0&AVSDM=2010-11-09+10:16:00

Got my test scheduled in Philly for the 10th. Not looking forward to going to Georgia for 17-19 weeks if it comes thru tho lol.

Got my test scheduled in Philly for the 10th. Not looking forward to going to Georgia for 17-19 weeks if it comes thru tho lol.

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

You'll love it 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

You'll love it 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Thanks for sharing with us, very good enough, I wouldn't mind working a gov job.
I'll post more mass hired government jobs in the future.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Thanks for sharing with us, very good enough, I wouldn't mind working a gov job.
I'll post more mass hired government jobs in the future.

Do you think they would automatically secretly eliminate anybody who is Arabic or Muslim? I have a good friend who is looking for a job, he has a family so while he is going to school he would like a good paying job. He's intimidated by the whole process. He told me he tried applying for a job at a airport about 3 years ago with a friend; they accepted his friend and he got denied - even though their availability were the same..

Any thoughts?

Do you think they would automatically secretly eliminate anybody who is Arabic or Muslim? I have a good friend who is looking for a job, he has a family so while he is going to school he would like a good paying job. He's intimidated by the whole process. He told me he tried applying for a job at a airport about 3 years ago with a friend; they accepted his friend and he got denied - even though their availability were the same..

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom