Federal Job Thread - US Customs is hiring

How meaningful is having a BS in Criminal Justice in regards to this job? Is military experience more important? I'm in the Boston, MA - Providence, RI areas fyi.

How meaningful is having a BS in Criminal Justice in regards to this job? Is military experience more important? I'm in the Boston, MA - Providence, RI areas fyi.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Gonna get my testing date within 10 days.

Jumpman if you already work for the DHS do you think that gives you somewhat of an advantage when applying?
For entry level DHS jobs no, for jobs that need experience yes.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Gonna get my testing date within 10 days.

Jumpman if you already work for the DHS do you think that gives you somewhat of an advantage when applying?
For entry level DHS jobs no, for jobs that need experience yes.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

A degree in general helps.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

A degree in general helps.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

im not driving that far to take a test.
There are people driving from Detroit, to Buffalo to take the test. So if you don't want to drive someone else will.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

im not driving that far to take a test.
There are people driving from Detroit, to Buffalo to take the test. So if you don't want to drive someone else will.

Is there a testing center in the bay area? I wanna know before I bother with the application.

Is there a testing center in the bay area? I wanna know before I bother with the application.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

No, the only testing centers for US Customs in California are all in the San Diego area.

No, the only testing centers for US Customs in California are all in the San Diego area.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I scheduled the test in Laguna Niguel, that's basically OC, and about 1 1/2 hours away from SD.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I scheduled the test in Laguna Niguel, that's basically OC, and about 1 1/2 hours away from SD.

Been tellin my girl to apply for this for the last month. What work experience exactly are they looking for, kuz she been doin security for a min?

Been tellin my girl to apply for this for the last month. What work experience exactly are they looking for, kuz she been doin security for a min?

Back
Top Bottom