Federal Job Thread - US Customs is hiring

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Do you think they would automatically secretly eliminate anybody who is Arabic or Muslim? I have a good friend who is looking for a job, he has a family so while he is going to school he would like a good paying job. He's intimidated by the whole process. He told me he tried applying for a job at a airport about 3 years ago with a friend; they accepted his friend and he got denied - even though their availability were the same..

Any thoughts?
My manager was born in Afghanistan, His family came to the United States when He was really young, He says He remembers walking for miles without water, yada yada yada. Anyways He got an American education, and got a job at a good government agency post 9-11 and has worked His way through the system.
The government is an equal opportunity employer. Unless you have family or friends with ties to terrorist groups then you'll never get a government job 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Do you think they would automatically secretly eliminate anybody who is Arabic or Muslim? I have a good friend who is looking for a job, he has a family so while he is going to school he would like a good paying job. He's intimidated by the whole process. He told me he tried applying for a job at a airport about 3 years ago with a friend; they accepted his friend and he got denied - even though their availability were the same..

Any thoughts?
My manager was born in Afghanistan, His family came to the United States when He was really young, He says He remembers walking for miles without water, yada yada yada. Anyways He got an American education, and got a job at a good government agency post 9-11 and has worked His way through the system.
The government is an equal opportunity employer. Unless you have family or friends with ties to terrorist groups then you'll never get a government job 
eek.gif

mad.gif
 Them mofo's had me waiting at the border for like 3 hours for no reason. Just standing waiting and they ask the stupid questions to make you nerves. Do you have any marijuana seeds? Yes officer right in my right pocket let me take it out and hand it to you. 
indifferent.gif
 They were cool the other times going to and coming from canada, but the last time i went. They were acting up. 
tired.gif

mad.gif
 Them mofo's had me waiting at the border for like 3 hours for no reason. Just standing waiting and they ask the stupid questions to make you nerves. Do you have any marijuana seeds? Yes officer right in my right pocket let me take it out and hand it to you. 
indifferent.gif
 They were cool the other times going to and coming from canada, but the last time i went. They were acting up. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

mad.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
That sucks, I don't have that problem.

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

mad.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
That sucks, I don't have that problem.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Thanks for sharing with us, very good enough, I wouldn't mind working a gov job.
I'll post more mass hired government jobs in the future.
Was on USAJobs and noticed that the Secret Service have a decent amount of Criminal Investigator and Uniform Division Officer positions available. Either in D.C. or determined after being hired. Just submitted my app and resume for a C.I. gig, don't know how long it's gon take for them to contact me about testing and what not tho.

Thanks for sharing with us, very good enough, I wouldn't mind working a gov job.
Was on USAJobs and noticed that the Secret Service have a decent amount of Criminal Investigator and Uniform Division Officer positions available. Either in D.C. or determined after being hired. Just submitted my app and resume for a C.I. gig, don't know how long it's gon take for them to contact me about testing and what not tho.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

They'll usually contact you upon closing the application process.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

They'll usually contact you upon closing the application process.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Lovin these Fed job threads, unfortunately this one has none in the bay though...next time I hope

Even though the training area is in san diego, there are opening at SFO. Unless they've gotten to 25,000 applications already 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Lovin these Fed job threads, unfortunately this one has none in the bay though...next time I hope

Even though the training area is in san diego, there are opening at SFO. Unless they've gotten to 25,000 applications already 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom