***Feds Go After Online Poker sites_ 4betJam***

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

grin.gif
Money87 wrote:

I was about to come in and complain about havin 100 in ps until buddy comes in talkin about 500k. That's crazy

I also have a hundred + in my ps account but im skeptical about 500k. I know he doesn't care but what did he expect...post that he won 500k and people just accept it as a fact? I seriously don't believe you can work your way to 500k with the stakes going on in either poker rooms. Its rather you consistently win in multiple cash games or won once in one of those wcoop / ftop events. The beats on pokerstars and fulltilt are horrendous. I remember losing three hands straight where the other guy had less than 3-6 outs
sick.gif
sick.gif

If he has 500k he's played a lot more hands than you ever have, and wouldn't be complaining about the hands you are

Things will be fine with time on this one, nobody needs to worry

Are you implying playing more hands mean bad beats are no longer a nuisance? Look, doesn't matter if you're a pro or a grinder. A bad beat will always linger in your mind. How many times have you seen Mattusow or Hellmuth blow up.
laugh.gif

lol everyone with money tied in, its GONE. in for the lulz. anyone have links to poker forums? I would love to read some threads. I know THEY MAD lol

lol everyone with money tied in, its GONE. in for the lulz. anyone have links to poker forums? I would love to read some threads. I know THEY MAD lol

Originally Posted by Hyper

I've deposited twice on PS and once on FTP, $600 each time.

My first deposit was on PS when I was 18.

I ended up running it up to 8K the first week and thought I was a God.

I wasn't,
laugh.gif

Ended up going broke the following week and took a huge break from poker.

I was just about to turn 19 and deposited $600 on both PS and FTP and pretty much locked my self in my room for the next 2 years.

I was playing/studying poker anywhere from 60-100 hours a week.

I know nothing about sports betting but I hear its extremely tough, I wish you nothing but the best, though.

I feel like as long as you're willing to put the time and work in, you'll reach whatever goals you have.
Curious what kind of games do you play? ring games? sit n gos? tourneys?

I wasn't,
laugh.gif

I was just about to turn 19 and deposited $600 on both PS and FTP and pretty much locked my self in my room for the next 2 years.

I know nothing about sports betting but I hear its extremely tough, I wish you nothing but the best, though.

I feel like as long as you're willing to put the time and work in, you'll reach whatever goals you have.
Curious what kind of games do you play? ring games? sit n gos? tourneys?

When I first started it was strictly FR cash games, now I play mostly HU.

When I first started it was strictly FR cash games, now I play mostly HU.

mad.gif
 I can't believe this isssh. I knew something was bound to happen ever since that 60 seconds episode aired about offshore poker sites.

mad.gif
 I can't believe this isssh. I knew something was bound to happen ever since that 60 seconds episode aired about offshore poker sites.

Not only is the government taking away poker players jobs, but numerous other people as well. The people that run websites, reporters, magazines...ect. These two sites, FTP and Stars, are the BIGGEST online poker rooms. Imagine taking away Coke and Pepsi, and how many people would be affected. Over 10,000 people lost their jobs today in this wonderful economy. If the government legalized and taxed it, it would fix these problems. Instead, they decide to ruin peoples' lives.

Not only is the government taking away poker players jobs, but numerous other people as well. The people that run websites, reporters, magazines...ect. These two sites, FTP and Stars, are the BIGGEST online poker rooms. Imagine taking away Coke and Pepsi, and how many people would be affected. Over 10,000 people lost their jobs today in this wonderful economy. If the government legalized and taxed it, it would fix these problems. Instead, they decide to ruin peoples' lives.

Originally Posted by space jam XI

"the government?"  its not that simple, just because the federal government could remove its ban on internet gambling doesnt mean its automatically legal, its an even bigger state issue

as for taking away poker players jobs, thats unfortunate, but table games probably arent even legal in a majority of the locations that these people probably sit at to play on their computers, why would they think its okay to do so online at those same locations?

"the government?"  its not that simple, just because the federal government could remove its ban on internet gambling doesnt mean its automatically legal, its an even bigger state issue

as for taking away poker players jobs, thats unfortunate, but table games probably arent even legal in a majority of the locations that these people probably sit at to play on their computers, why would they think its okay to do so online at those same locations?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

The UIEGA was attached to the Safe Port Act and does not make internet gambling illegal, it makes the banks transferring funds through gambling sites illegal.

I don't even understand what you're saying with table games.   People don't make a living playing table games as it is not a game of skill.   The house will always have an edge.  

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

The UIEGA was attached to the Safe Port Act and does not make internet gambling illegal, it makes the banks transferring funds through gambling sites illegal.

I don't even understand what you're saying with table games.   People don't make a living playing table games as it is not a game of skill.   The house will always have an edge.  

I wasn't,
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sports betting is my %#$$...can't take it online because a lot of books get shady when you win big...I just terrorize the local Bookies
laugh.gif
....I think I can make a living doing it but taking 20k to Vegas is a big risk ...college football and the nba is my thing though And I def feel you with the studying thing....I spend tons of hours a week looking up %#$$ during college football season

I wasn't,
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sports betting is my %#$$...can't take it online because a lot of books get shady when you win big...I just terrorize the local Bookies
laugh.gif
....I think I can make a living doing it but taking 20k to Vegas is a big risk ...college football and the nba is my thing though And I def feel you with the studying thing....I spend tons of hours a week looking up %#$$ during college football season

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Why not treat your bankroll like many treat Paypal> They aren't a bank. They aren't sanctioned. So why is your money in those places? I withdraw from paypal right away, yet some have paypal debit cards? okayyyy

You can't work without your tools, money is our tool.

How would we play if we don't have money on the site?
can u withdraw from here?

jut wondering

http://www.fulltiltpoker.co.uk/realMoney.php

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Why not treat your bankroll like many treat Paypal> They aren't a bank. They aren't sanctioned. So why is your money in those places? I withdraw from paypal right away, yet some have paypal debit cards? okayyyy

You can't work without your tools, money is our tool.

How would we play if we don't have money on the site?
can u withdraw from here?

jut wondering

http://www.fulltiltpoker.co.uk/realMoney.php

Nope, I can't even log into FTP right now.

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about this whole situation.

Rumors are going around that these sites will be shutdown worldwide within the next 36 hours.

People are also saying that the people indicted might just flee the country with all the money and allow the sites to shut down.

I guess only time will tell.

These next few months are gonna be rough, that's all I know.

Rumors are going around that these sites will be shutdown worldwide within the next 36 hours.

People are also saying that the people indicted might just flee the country with all the money and allow the sites to shut down.

i dont even have to guess about why you are up right now.

i felt like $*%* until i realized how bad this is for people.

i thought my problems were bad.

!+%%.....

i know how it feels to have no money. sure money doesnt buy hapiness, but it buys necessitys. i wish you the best. let me know what happens dude.

and shutting down worldwide? i doubt. think of all the governemnts involved that would need to agree to shut it down...

dont give it to rumors too much, sleep.

i dont even have to guess about why you are up right now.

i felt like $*%* until i realized how bad this is for people.

i thought my problems were bad.

!+%%.....

i know how it feels to have no money. sure money doesnt buy hapiness, but it buys necessitys. i wish you the best. let me know what happens dude.

and shutting down worldwide? i doubt. think of all the governemnts involved that would need to agree to shut it down...

dont give it to rumors too much, sleep.

Back
Top Bottom