Feeling helpless at this point...

Alright any of my fellow NT'ers parents ? If you are you will understand where I am coming from. My son is sick and I hate it. I honestly feel helpless and useless. I don't care much about broken bones or stuff like that cause I can ACTUALLY see whats wrong and I know he will get better. In my case my son is throwing up. Hes been sick and hes throwing up the phlegm. It sucks cause I can only do so much. It kills me when he looks at me and says "Dad I don't feel good, I keep throwing up. Make it go away pls" UGH I wish kids NEVER got sick so we don't have to deal with this. I think any other parent will feel the same way. All we want is our kid to be healthy and not suffer for any reason...Feel a little better that I just vented lol..

Keep your head up fam...I know the feeling, I have 2 daughters...hope your kid gets better soon.

I wish I was one of your seeds
tired.gif

Is he hospitalized?

Sorry to hear that fam', but I'm sure little buddy will get better... keep the faith

Thanks everyone....
@KayCurrency naw he isn't, the hospital wont due much. Just tell me to do the same thing I'm doing. It's tough being a parent.
frown.gif

I understand and it's the worst feeling in the world.  I did separate hospital stays with my infant daughter this year when she kept getting dehydrated.  I would just stare at her when she was asleep connected to the IV and just cry.  I'm so glad that those days are over. 

Trust me It will get better OP.
Once he's over this his immune system will be on beast mode and he'll be fine.  Right now make sure you keep him hydrated.

Originally Posted by sage909

Thanks everyone....
@KayCurrency naw he isn't, the hospital wont due much. Just tell me to do the same thing I'm doing. It's tough being a parent.
frown.gif

I don't know fam'... If you have insurance or the finances to submit him, I'd do it ASAP... It could be something serious. 

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I understand and it's the worst feeling in the world.  I did separate hospital stays with my infant daughter this year when she kept getting dehydrated.  I would just stare at her when she was asleep connected to the IV and just cry.  I'm so glad that those days are over. 

Once he's over this his immune system will be on beast mode and he'll be fine.  Right now make sure you keep him hydrated.
Man I don't even wanna think about that, gives me the chills just thinking about it. Is your daughter better now though ? I'm trying to keep him hydrated. I know he wasn't feeling well when he told me to hold him on the couch and i had him in my arms like you would a baby. hes almost 3 years old. and he ended up falling asleep like that. 

how long has been throwing up? does he have a fever?
best bet is to take him to his PCP (depending on who your insurance carrier is).

-J-

Originally Posted by De La MONEY

kid will bounce back; you a good dad, b.

Yeah man. He will hopefully pull through soon fam. The fact that you care like this shows how much of a caring father you are. Just stay strong with him and show him that in the end his pops took care of him. You'll be his hero man. 
Just keep doing everything in your power to keep lil mans spirits up and get the Doc check him out and prescribe something. 

I know that feel too well. Had a couple hospital visits with my daughter last year. 103 temps and vomiting
30t6p3b.gif
I was in the lobby crying with her. Dude is right about the immune system beasting though. Shes a champ now.

You just being there is doing a lot for him, lil man appreciates it.

JBug88 he was very sensitive ( which he never is ) last night and this morning he woke me up and told me "dad i have to throw up" i grabbed him and ran to the bath room. My moms said i shouldn't be too worried. She said i was the same way when i was a little kid. I'm 23 years old and never would've thought that my son would make me cry and feel helpless..

Once again I would like to say thanks to everyone, little words like that is what keeps me going...Appreciate it to the fullest 

ya man i feel what ya going through and what gets me so ugh is my daughter is the hardest person to give meds too so in my mind im yelling "TAKE THIS DAMN *%%* SO IT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER AND I WONT HAVE TO WORRY AND STRESS ANYMORE"

but to her face im like common baby please you wanna feel better so we can go to Disneyland right
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Doctor's appointment?

In mean time, keep him hydrated and feed him some complex carbs, fruits, veggies.

This is why I can never become a pediatrician, sick people is one thing but I don't think I could deal with sick or dying children emotionally--

UPDATE: Just gave him medicine and laid him down, hopefully by the time he wakes up he feels a little better...

Take him back to the hospital, constant vomiting will cause an imbalance in electrolytes which can lead to an imbalance in pH, which in turn can compromise his breathing...that's worst case scenario bro, so don't let him throw his guts out at home, he can also aspirate and that *$++ is no joke.

growing pains...if what the young lad is going through is too much (parents 6th sense) then of course you need to go visit the pediatrician or go to the hospital. If something doesn't look an/or feel right you gotta do what you gotta do as a parent.

My mom used to keep coming back to the hospital when I had recurring ear problems as a kid and the docs always said the same thing...go home, give him the meds and let him rest...but she took me to an ENT after getting a referral and they found out I was on the wrong meds.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Take him back to the hospital, constant vomiting will cause an imbalance in electrolytes which can lead to an imbalance in pH, which in turn can compromise his breathing...that's worst case scenario bro, so don't let him throw his guts out at home, he can also aspirate and that *$++ is no joke.

Talk about scaring the s**t outta me...thanks though good looking out

Originally Posted by sage909

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Man I don't even wanna think about that, gives me the chills just thinking about it. Is your daughter better now though ? I'm trying to keep him hydrated. I know he wasn't feeling well when he told me to hold him on the couch and i had him in my arms like you would a baby. hes almost 3 years old. and he ended up falling asleep like that. 
My daughter is fine now.  All children go through sick spells.
Don't panic, just keep an eye on him and keep him hydrated.  Check his temperature and make sure that he doesn't have a fever.
Call your pediatrician who should be available 24 hours a day and discuss the symptoms to see if he/recommends you taking your son to emergency.  

Back
Top Bottom