Feeling like you want to sell ALL your shoes?

I'm freeing up some of my collection, but about 20 pairs I'm definitely keeping. I worked too damn hard to find them in my size and condition.

I'm freeing up some of my collection, but about 20 pairs I'm definitely keeping. I worked too damn hard to find them in my size and condition.

The body will tell you when it's time to retire. Oh, sorry, I thought I was Chad Ochocinco.

Seriously, though, I sold off 4 pairs of shoes so far this year. I think I just realized I'd rather have other things like jerseys instead of just shoes. And the money is real good. I'll never sell my favorites though: Space Jams, Black/Cement IIIs, White/Cement IIIs, Aquas, Infrareds, Bordeauxs, etc.

The body will tell you when it's time to retire. Oh, sorry, I thought I was Chad Ochocinco.

Seriously, though, I sold off 4 pairs of shoes so far this year. I think I just realized I'd rather have other things like jerseys instead of just shoes. And the money is real good. I'll never sell my favorites though: Space Jams, Black/Cement IIIs, White/Cement IIIs, Aquas, Infrareds, Bordeauxs, etc.

I ended up getting rid of a majority of my collection over the past 2 years, mostly sold them or just donated
It was easy to let go of them since they didn't fit anymore, plus I'd rather let other people who really want or need the shoes put them to good use

I ended up getting rid of a majority of my collection over the past 2 years, mostly sold them or just donated
It was easy to let go of them since they didn't fit anymore, plus I'd rather let other people who really want or need the shoes put them to good use

A few years ago i was about 250 sneakers deep im talking about "heat" DMPS, Lebron PES, Kobe PEs. all retros from 01-08
about 60 Sbs.. but then i lost my job and sold more than 200 sneakers.. i wore everything btw
i didnt care that i sold them cause money was needed asap.. To this day I dont regret it.. i aint going to die and take my sneakers to my grave and when i have kids and if they become my size ill give it to them.

A few years ago i was about 250 sneakers deep im talking about "heat" DMPS, Lebron PES, Kobe PEs. all retros from 01-08
about 60 Sbs.. but then i lost my job and sold more than 200 sneakers.. i wore everything btw
i didnt care that i sold them cause money was needed asap.. To this day I dont regret it.. i aint going to die and take my sneakers to my grave and when i have kids and if they become my size ill give it to them.

I do it every so often when I want something new for my home theater because I always end up having a bunch of shoes I never wear and I might as well use them to get something that I really want and will use. 2009 I sold a bunch and bought a bomb pair of speakers. And just this month I sold a bunch and bought a new receiver that arrives FedEx today. And honestly it's nice having the space back in your closet when you sell them. You can only wear so many and normally you fall in love with a certain rotation and never go outside that so dumping a bunch is not a bad thing especially when you're going to use the money for something that you truly want. 

I do it every so often when I want something new for my home theater because I always end up having a bunch of shoes I never wear and I might as well use them to get something that I really want and will use. 2009 I sold a bunch and bought a bomb pair of speakers. And just this month I sold a bunch and bought a new receiver that arrives FedEx today. And honestly it's nice having the space back in your closet when you sell them. You can only wear so many and normally you fall in love with a certain rotation and never go outside that so dumping a bunch is not a bad thing especially when you're going to use the money for something that you truly want. 

If you only bought what you truly enjoyed for personal reasons, it's less likely that you'll want to sell it.

If you only bought what you truly enjoyed for personal reasons, it's less likely that you'll want to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom