FEMALE NTers, what do you think? VOL. braids vs. fades

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Dreads? Really?
Yes really.

And bald can be good as well. It depends on the person. You have to have the right head shape
laugh.gif

i HATE the term good hair.

Agreed x 10

I dunno. I usually go for the white guys....
laugh.gif

But overall, haircut depends on the person.

I'll take a ceasar any day with my eyes closed over braids. Once you reach a certain age, not sure why you'd want to keep them...? Sign of maturityIMO.

Baldies are nice as long as your head is some crazy shape.

I prefer waves.
Braids are kinda played out ftl.
bald..i can't look at that all day. =/
dreads, only if they fresh. not them knotty, fro type dreads..yuck.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

F yall....Braids FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh yea and that's me in the avy, Myspace for further examination
nerd.gif
....Braids are better if done right, as long as u don't have childish braids and keep em clean ull be good, and wont be considered "immature"

How do you keep your braids clean?

I just buzzed my %@#+ like how the white boys (David Beckham/ J. Timberlake) do it, with no line up or nothing, and it doesn't look that badactually.

I've had most success with braids. My hair just grows fast. Surprising, females liked when I had the curl. It wasn't really a manufactured curl. It waslike...I could fro it out but I didn't pick it. I just hopped in the shower, my hair curled up, and I lined myself up. It wasn't a bad look while Igrew my hair back the 2nd time around.

I had fades back in HS but those things look laughable and outdated now IMO. I'm talking about the bald fades that Jason Kidd and Nas used to rock.

Even all around looks boring. If I had short hair, I'd prefer to have a slight fade by the sideburns and back by the neck...and work on the waves.

Braids are a gift and a curse. Fresh braids with a nice line-up can have females go
eek.gif
. Some may even approach and ask who did it or if they could braid itthemselves.
devil.gif
However, it does look thuggish in a way and employers hates them it seems like. I'm far from a thug but I get that label andthat look.

Plus, I've missed soooo many weekends because I couldn't find nobody to braid me up. You can't just let anybody braid your hair. At least with ashort cut, you can throw a grip of Duke on it and a du-rag...line it up and it looks manageable. With braids, if your hair isn't done, it'scraptacular. There is no in between.

Ceaser's $!++$!!! I haven't had a fade since the 90's, they're corny to me. Only high schoolers and wannabe 80's babies try to rock themnow. But it depends on where u from cuz fades never left in the south, east coast stopped rockin them and now bammas trying to bring them back. I'm glad Inever jumped on the Allen Iverson braids fad, they destroy your hairline after having them for a few years. Look at Richard Hamilton if u don't believe me.I can't wait for the day Lil Wayne cuts his hair because I guarantee you all the non-Rastafarians with dreads will cut them too
laugh.gif
, especially here in the DMV its an epidemic.

man... F what any of these broads say... i had long hair from 01 to 06. a full complete 5 years...when i cut it it was way past the middle of my back...
long hair and fades all depend on how you look and where you at.
cause if you got braids at the club with some NBA hangtime in the back...trust all the girls will be on you...
if you at a formal event or a classier setting...if your hair is pulled back nicely or pressed out, you'll be looking like somekind of ethnic god.
the same goes for the fade...buuuut with so many black men having the same haircut, you may not stand out...you'll just look nice...

but you know what trumps all the above?

the offical mixed boy natural curl. no kit. just gel or conditioner.

word to goldenarmz.

just 2 more months till my curl is back.

I usually don't have preferences, since the struggle about hair usually goes the other way.
But I will say I am picky about men with low cut hair with funny shaped heads, and men with locs with no upkeep or parts.
Outside of those two as long as one has general cleanliness I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom