FEMALE NTers, what do you think? VOL. braids vs. fades

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by VegasOner

F yall....Braids FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh yea and that's me in the avy, Myspace for further examination
nerd.gif
....Braids are better if done right, as long as u don't have childish braids and keep em clean ull be good, and wont be considered "immature"

How do you keep your braids clean?
Easy, do the exact same opposite of Jim jones
smh.gif

Jus keep a fresh tape up and dont have the same braids for over two weeks or else you'll end uplookin like a serious clownie

KUPRELLI wrote:
Dark Caesar without waves FTW

fixed

Sidebar: I hate waves now for some reason...
ohwell.gif

Agreed.Idk how dudes are still messing with waves.I stopped doing that like 10th grade.I hate when I see some coming in when my hair gets tolong.I don't really dig black chicks though.There really the only ones that seemed to like it back then.Idk about now.

VegasOner wrote:

F yall....Braids FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
....Braids are better if done right, as long as u don't have childish braids and keep em
clean ull be good, and wont be considered "immature"

smh.gif

Jus keep a fresh tape up and dont have the same braids for over two weeks or else you'll end up lookin like a serious clownie

yeah but some dudes be telling me they wash their braids, how do you do that?...I usually keep mine for 4 days at the most.

i prefer fades over braids.but if a guy does have braids they need to look neat not all fuzzy. but i like curls (natural curls not texturizers and S curls) themost.

msDUNKtastic wrote:
KUPRELLI wrote:

fixed

ohwell.gif

Agreed.Idk how dudes are still messing with waves.I stopped doing that like 10th grade.I hate when I see some coming in when my hair gets to long.I don't really dig black chicks though.There really the only ones that seemed to like it back then.Idk about now.

I have naturally wavy hair. I've tried to cut it extremely low (damn near went bald once) and didn't brush or comb it, but they always come back.

But I like my hair though. Dark Caesars with waves for the win.

VegasOner wrote:

F yall....Braids FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
....Braids are better if done right, as long as u don't have childish braids and keep em

smh.gif

Jus keep a fresh tape up and dont have the same braids for over two weeks or else you'll end up lookin like a serious clownie

yeah but some dudes be telling me they wash their braids, how do you do that?...I usually keep mine for 4 days at the most.
Na dont wash your braids, thats the last thing u would wanna do because that causes fly-away hairs to come out and that would have your braidslookin like u had the for a long time... You should jus buy a scalp cleaner oil sprtay for braids at your local pharmacy or beauty supply store (its like hairgell but wont cause that flakeyness), and then wear a du-rag until and let your hair sit after you sprayed it, for at least 4 hours or over night wen u go tosleep then it should come out lookin
eek.gif

Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

KUPRELLI wrote:

fixed

ohwell.gif

Agreed.Idk how dudes are still messing with waves.I stopped doing that like 10th grade.I hate when I see some coming in when my hair gets to long.I don't really dig black chicks though.There really the only ones that seemed to like it back then.Idk about now.

1. lol are you serious? waves will never go out of style
2. lol are you serious again?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

KUPRELLI wrote:

fixed

ohwell.gif

having waves is not just some trend. I have had waves for about 7 years and it is just to impress the ladies(black, mexican, and some whitegirls). It is just a little something extra considering the fact that when you have short hair there is not much to show off. it is also THE most professionallook that a black man can have in a business setting. I will have waves after I graduate and dudes with braids will have employers asking them to cut offtheir hair and employers are also apprehensive in hiring dudes with braids.

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

KUPRELLI wrote:

fixed

ohwell.gif

having waves is not just some trend. I have had waves for about 7 years and it is just to impress the ladies(black, mexican, and some white girls). It is just a little something extra considering the fact that when you have short hair there is not much to show off. it is also THE most professional look that a black man can have in a business setting. I will have waves after I graduate and dudes with braids will have employers asking them to cut off their hair and employers are also apprehensive in hiring dudes with braids.

word.

an even white chicks like waves...........think its cool. "how does your hair do that, can i touch?"

Jaguar51 wrote:
I'll take a ceasar any day with my eyes closed over braids. Once you reach a certain age, not sure why you'd want to keep them...? Sign of maturity IMO.

Baldies are nice as long as your head is some crazy shape.
Originally Posted by Jaguar51

^^^ Oops Baldies are nice as long as your head ISN'T some crazy shape.
roll.gif

welcome to NT! there's an edit button in the bottom left corner of your post.

-waystinthyme

VegasOner wrote:

marionthebarberian wrote:

VegasOner wrote:

F yall....Braids FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
....Braids are better if done right, as long as u don't have childish braids
and keep em

smh.gif

Jus keep a fresh tape up and dont have the same braids for over two weeks or else you'll end up
lookin like a serious clownie

Na dont wash your braids, thats the last thing u would wanna do because that causes fly-away hairs to come out and that would have your braids lookin like u had the for a long time... You should jus buy a scalp cleaner oil sprtay for braids at your local pharmacy or beauty supply store (its like hair gell but wont cause that flakeyness), and then wear a du-rag until and let your hair sit after you sprayed it, for at least 4 hours or over night wen u go to sleep then it should come out lookin
eek.gif

alright, thanks for the help.

I recently cut off all the curls I had and went with a dark ceasar. I love how it looks. It's a lot more mature than my previous look. Not going back.

Back
Top Bottom