Filipino Culture Thread

I'd like to visit the tropical parts of the PI.

I've only been to Pasig, Quezon City, and Laguna. I think I stopped in Parenaque.

So Ive been talking to this filipina for the last two weeks. It seems to be going good, but yesterday she said to me "you have never dated an asian girl before huh?" And I said no, and she responded, " Its really obvious." I asked her what does that mean, and if I did something wrong. She laughs and says dont worry. What the hell does that mean?!? She still seems cool but Im nervous I did something.

Last edited:
That could mean many things but to me that would come off as “You’ve never dated anyone high maintenance before have you?” Every Pinay I’ve ever known is high maintenance. Filipinos are enamored with status and expensive apparel and accessories. It’s very apparent just by watching TFC and GMA.

She doesn't act high maintenance, but she is ALL about name brand and accessories. I swear her closet looks like the inside of PINK by Victoria Secret ( first time I saw her closet I thought to myself does PINK sponsor you??) And then she has every product Apple created.

Pinays do have a BRAND complex. They either buy something branded and expensive rather than spend cheap on cheaper things :lol:

It's a double-edged sword that has been baffling Pinoy dudes ever since

So Ive been talking to this filipina for the last two weeks. It seems to be going good, but yesterday she said to me "you have never dated an asian girl before huh?" And I said no, and she responded, " Its really obvious." I asked her what does that mean, and if I did something wrong. She laughs and says dont worry. What the hell does that mean?!? She still seems cool but Im nervous I did something.

Did you take your shoes off at the door?

She doesn't act high maintenance, but she is ALL about name brand and accessories. I swear her closet looks like the inside of PINK by Victoria Secret ( first time I saw her closet I thought to myself does PINK sponsor you??) And then she has every product Apple created.

If her closer is only Pink stuff then good, stuff is cheap as hell. :lol:

Its the ones with the Chanel bags and Alaia shoes you gotta watch out for.

Yea I took off the shoes and everything. My last two girlfriends have been latina ( mexican and dominican) Is there that much of a difference dating a filipina?

Last edited:
2 more of my friends want to have their weddings in the philippines. I ain’t a baller, destination weddings are a pain.

2 more of my friends want to have their weddings in the philippines. I ain’t a baller, destination weddings are a pain.

That means the bachelors is there. Your gonna have 3 somes with nadine lustre lookalikes

Don’t be fooled by Filipinos living in Hawai’i. Likini street in Aliamanu is all Filipinos. You got 5 families living in one big house that are all stacked on a super narrow street. That’s what your average neighborhood looks like. Ewa beach and Foster Village look the same for the most part. Than you got neighborhoods like Millilani where the middle class Filipinos live and those neighborhoods look like your typical suburban homes you see here on the mainland. Much more spacious and organized

Yea I took off the shoes and everything. My last two girlfriends have been latina ( mexican and dominican) Is there that much of a difference dating a filipina?
Yeah, I mean there will be some cultural differences. But one thing I know for sure is consistent, is showing respect to her parents and family.

But differences between a Pinay and a Latina...Oh yeah, there are differences.:smokin:wink:

Y’all still using “Pinoy/pinay” in 2018?

Maybe it’s just where I’m from but anytime we use the word “Pinay” is only when we are referencing
14624507_376282119427363_2349282149531648000_n.jpg

And “Pinoy” when we are making fun of our old AIM screenames. “PiNoyBoyX” (not my old sn)

I remember there was a small period of time where we used "Flip" when referring to each other (mostly my Filipino Millennial generation that were about to graduate high school around 2004-2008)............until we discovered it was the Filipino equivalent of the "N word" for our people.

I remember there was a small period of time where we used "Flip" when referring to each other (mostly my Filipino Millennial generation that were about to graduate high school around 2004-2008)............until we discovered it was the Filipino equivalent of the "N word" for our people.

Nah.. been around since early 90s.

Started saying that in elementary school since it seemed cool.

Did not know it was derogatory. Who was using it as a derogtory comment ?

Back
Top Bottom