Filipino Culture Thread

Can’t say she ain’t lying especially compared to other East Asians but still :smh:

Got this from the Kanye Sunken Place thread. Idk what her beef is with us Pinoys, like she had to single us out and judging by her thought process, were not intelligent people compared to our other Asian brethrens. No wonder Lawrence keep dumping her *** in her show :smh:

Thoughts?
IMG_0600.JPG

Other asian races would say that about us because they would say we have all these negative stereotypes ( stupid, lazy, bottom of the social ladder, low class etc. ).

What? Filipinos were/are looked at low class and bottom of the latter? I had no clue.

Lazy. Yes. I see that with my wife's side of the family. :lol:

What? Filipinos were/are looked at low class and bottom of the latter? I had no clue.

Sadly yes. It has a lot to do with decades of corrupt goverment in the Phils. Not enough high paying jobs that Educated folks go overseas to work for income lower than their counterparts (see Middle East Engineers ). How about nannies/maids working overseas as well. Odds are they got bachelor degrees but have to work as maids in hong kong or Saudi Arabia. I believe the HK government called the Philippines a "nation of servants" a few years back.

I would say most filipino males are pervs, young and old. It was the birthday of my dad’s friend and him and the other old dudes were telling us which brothels to visit in the philippines.

I think it’s because Filipinos have dark/darker skin and all the negative connotations that go with that in addition to that we don’t look like the other East Asians and the Philippines is a cesspool compared to the other Asian countries. Which is ironic considering what she’s talking about with black men avoiding black women.

Trippin famb.. it’s all luv here in NorCal. Don’t believe the hype

Probably a SoCal thing.

I didn’t see it that way Living in the Bay Area.

Then my friend from Hawaii (Japanese) explained it to me. And others with unbiased opinions yes it’s true. Just not in the Bay Area. # YEE

IMO, Issa may have made that statement out of satire or whatever, but the fact that she finds inferiority among Asians is plain ignorant while at the same time dissing African-American males because she thinks we share qualities with our black brothers.

Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese people can be lazy, perverted, etc. too...

I bet you she's been cared for by Pinoy nurses but prolly didn't know it LOL

Some INSECURE type of ish :lol:

Issa definitely been fu**ed and then played by a Filipino before. You can tell. :lol:

-Drew

Issa definitely been fu**ed and then played by a Filipino before. You can tell. :lol:

-Drew

Or probably dissed by the Filipino SO's fam.

"Ang itim ng negra, bawal siya sa bahay. Mukhang chimay yung girlfriend mo".

Not gonna lie my folks have said some pretty racist stuff before concerning what my children would look like if I married a black woman.

Sounds like my in-laws :lol:

Mom is morena, pops is light skin chino / ilocano. I am waffle/light skin (lolz). Mom hates it when I beach it up and get super tanned. I wanna say "mom, but you're maitim, what' with the hate?".. lolz

I really dont like that "light is right" mentality of the previous generation or when you go back to the Phils. I feel bad for my dark skin brethens getting not enough love from the local media.

anyone know any good Filipino brands? I used to buy PNOY Apparel which became Kampeon. Any other good ones?

Back
Top Bottom