Filipino Culture Thread

Moved out when i was 19, moved back in at 24 "temporarily"....Now I'm 26 I wanna move out but my mom is telling me I'm abandoning her???? Bruh I swear if you single, Filipino parents want you to stay with them forever. Can't be doing that in the US doe.

Reactions: Ube
These older Filipino folks keep talking about me in Tagalog everytime I walk by their cubicle asking "Is he Filipino?"

lol.

Reactions: Ube
Moved out when i was 19, moved back in at 24 "temporarily"....Now I'm 26 I wanna move out but my mom is telling me I'm abandoning her???? Bruh I swear if you single, Filipino parents want you to stay with them forever. Can't be doing that in the US doe.
That's the Filipino culture. Parents seem to be willing to having their kids live with them forever. My brother-in-law is in his mid/late 30s, live at home, has two kids, and doesn't pay a dime. His parents baby him so much. They do the same with my wife, but I tell her, I grew up in a family where I didn't expect my parents to come through every single time and I was taught to work to get what I wanted.

That thought boggles my wife at times.

I moved out, back in, moved out, back in, and out. I don't think I can move back to my parents house anymore. I'm past that.

I cannot pronounce kare kare like my folks.

It always sounds weird when I do it.

I just say call it "da peanut butter " my mom knows what to cook

I moved out, back in, moved out, back in, and out. I don't think I can move back to my parents house anymore. I'm past that.

That's me too.

But on that note, I want my kids living in my house until they got married. Hell, if I got along with their SO, they could raise my grandkids in my crib too:lol:

I do still own a 2-bedroom Condo on the side just in case it doesn't pan out though:lol:

I've been coming up blank with cooking Filipino dishes. Can you guys share some?

Pinakbet with chicken
Puchero
Lengua estufado
Diniguan
Marcon

Saw this today
20180324_122506.jpg

Man it ain’t the best palabok around but I hit up Jollibee yesterday because I was craving. Glad to say I was satisfied
Yeah, I saw the palabok they offered and I wasn't impressed lol.

Grill City inside Seafood City has palabok, but it's hit or miss.

Any NTers still here in PI? Someone help me cop a yeezy for retail aka what stores got em/how do they release it here

Any NTers still here in PI? Someone help me cop a yeezy for retail aka what stores got em/how do they release it here

Better off buying from FB groups. I wouldn't buy yeezys from there unless it's from legit consignment store which they double the price for everything

Back
Top Bottom