Filipino Culture Thread

No but I will add it to my list. They a mom and pop shop or is it like a chain like Max’s and Jerry’s Grill?
Mom and pop
Best Crispy Pata I’ve had
Get the Crispy Pata and the beef fried rice
The fried calamari is pretty good too

I'm supposed to fly home next month to LA to take a CPA exam and I was looking at my direct flight and they added a layover in new york from Boston.
I'm like hell naw, get the agent "Josep" on the line, we switch to the only direct flight that day, I pay 60 bucks to go from poor boy to regular economy and then I ask about economy plus and he waives the excess fee for that extra leg room both ways🔥🔥 "my pare"

I was in Manila and I needed to call AMEX customer service, the agent was obviously Filipina. I found it very ironic that I had to pony up for skype credits to make a local call.

Hmm i remeber abs having sub channels like ANC and that movie channel as part of the paid cable package.....but their main channel was always free

Back in the day we had a separate, smaller box just for TFC :lol: then it went mainstream and hit the regular carriers.

I remember the ANC news channel, Sky 1/Pinoy Blockbusters/Cinema One was the movie channel.

They should go straight to online free streaming and go harder at the administration, no rules.

Back in the day we had a separate, smaller box just for TFC :lol: then it went mainstream and hit the regular carriers.

I remember the ANC news channel, Sky 1/Pinoy Blockbusters/Cinema One was the movie channel.

They should go straight to online free streaming and go harder at the administration, no rules.
If they did though couldn’t they be hit with the new law the passed?

Next logical step is to stream online / youtube for their shows and news.

They got that covered, facebook too. But if it become mainstream the dictator will prob do something unethical to stop it shame.

We got fascist/chinese lapdog president and my boomer facebook friends posting how duterte is the best president the Philippines ever had smh.

It's mostly the older folks who worship ze dictator. :smh:

Whenever I disagree with something he does, my pops and uncles and aunts say, "You don't know what life is like in the Philippines. You have no right to say that." :stoneface:

Those older folks were brainwashed under the Marcos Regime, that's why they are programmed to react that way when you question a leader trying to implement Martial Law over there. Growing up I remember my parents singing ol' man Marcos' praises whenever they gave a brief history lesson of their life in the Philippines.

They think Duerte is the 2nd coming of Marcos

It's mostly the older folks who worship ze dictator. :smh:

Whenever I disagree with something he does, my pops and uncles and aunts say, "You don't know what life is like in the Philippines. You have no right to say that." :stoneface:
A lot of people, outside of the corruption, felt Marcos was good for the Philippines too

I guess my parents are different. They both think Marcos and Duterte are trash. My Mom, Dad, brother, and I all watched "The King Maker" together and they were quick to point out all the lies and b.s coming out of Imelda Marcos mouth. They were pretty much laughing the whole time about how crazy their family is. I know my grandfather didn't like Marcos so naturally my pops, uncle's, and aunts didn't either.

I guess my parents are different. They both think Marcos and Duterte are trash. My Mom, Dad, brother, and I all watched "The King Maker" together and they were quick to point out all the lies and b.s coming out of Imelda Marcos mouth. They were pretty much laughing the whole time about how crazy their family is. I know my grandfather didn't like Marcos so naturally my pops, uncle's, and aunts didn't either.

Pretty much key right there..........your grandparents didn't **** with Marcos like that, therefore didn't drink that "TOTALITARIAN KOOL-AID" that most of these OG Filipinos over there drink.

But that is not the case with most "boomer generation" Filipino immigrant parents, unfortunately

Y’all would be surprised how much the mid-20s crowd romanticizes Marcos and Martial Law. They weren’t alive but all they know is “discipline” “low crime” “infrastructure projects”. Combined with the hatred of the Aquinos/liberal party/“dilawan” and you have Duterte stans.

These are the folks saying “if you don’t break any laws you’ll be ok” :stoneface: or they’re rich enough to not be affected by the authoritarian policy. Meanwhile poor folk getting gunned down in their homes and journalists getting locked up :smh:

Duterte has a strong cult behind him like Trump but those folks are more ignorant to reality so you can’t save them, they don’t wanna be saved.

Read any comments section on a Filipino news outlet FB post and you’ll feel your brain cells leave your body.

Back
Top Bottom