Filipino Culture Thread

107714918_10102789272078454_7760281840209706452_n.jpg

3, 8, 9 for me

I’m assuming rice on the side doesn’t need to be mentioned? Then #5, 7, and 15 are my choices and totally worth the 5 years taken off the back end of my life:lol:

Damn that list is tough as hell. Yo where y’all buying your Diniguan from? I feel like I’m so picky because I really only like my tita’s diniguan that it’s hard for me to buy it from somewhere else. I gotta be really craving some for me to just pick some up from a turo turo spot.

gonna hafta go with the holy trinity that i talked about a few pages back....1, 2, 9 with 4 close behind

kaldereta, mechado, afritada, and menudo straight up snubbed tho....no love for the tomato-based stews? :smh:

Reactions: Ube
Yo this is about to sound mad extra right now and I hardly come in this thread, but I’m a black man and I have always been down with y’all culture. My best friend is Filipino. Our families are tight, we live in Washington, big flip community. Anyways, I work at Boeing and so does my boy, and for months he has been **** on by his manager, the union, ethics, 2nd level manager.
They continually write him up and give him cams (corrective action memo) and crazy work loads. It’s unreal. And as a person who has faced racism or discrimination it’s clear as day he rubbed someone the wrong way and they playing with this man. It’s insane. Like he has no suppor when working in aircraft and then they come and punish him and try to make an example of him daily. Dude been drinking more and all sorts of ****. Anyways, He drafted a letter to Hr and they weren’t messing with him, then her talked to the union/ethics & they said he didn’t have enough evidence. I’m like wtf? You gotta catch someone calling you a slur on camera!!!

so I figure since English is his second language I didn’t have time to review the first draft. I kinda knew what was happening but it’s a boys club in there all politics, I thought he may had been exaggerating. I’m drafting a letter for him right now, about “how in this climate they shouldn’t make him feel targeted and discriminated against, also how coming to work is like walking into a storm, and how inside Boeing is a microcosm of the outsold world. It needs to be addressed and the harassment needs to stop“ sorta thing.

I’m tryna hit all the talking points and make it an issue that has to be addressed. So this dude can just work. White managers walk up and talk crazy to him. It’s wild and he’s so nice/non confrontational they using him as a scape goat on why their shop is behind. They wanna move him out the building.

anyways any input for this letter or if any of y’all got insight on HR/ethics would be greatly appreciated.

this me and him @ work
7C129B53-1C71-4DD6-8793-37E88E49E776.jpeg

the **** these dudes get away with in this company against minorities is sickening.

Working at an airline I can tell you that the union ain’t about ****. They’re merely an extension of corporate because when contract negotiations are at the table whoever is heading the union is definitely getting paid. That’s not to say all union heads are in bed with corporate, but if the local ain’t even doing **** for him then he’s probably better off wearing some type of micro surveillance cam. The problem with that is you can’t record people without their knowledge. That being said, he might be able to use loophole language by telling them they “need to mind their language and behavior because there are cameras everywhere.”

Not ideal or even realistic. Just thinking out loud because it sounds like he’s truly ****** smh.

Yea he's screwed.

Same thing happened to my sister at her last job. She unknowingly pissed off someone in power, and put a bulls eye on her back.

Just got bullied at every turn. Was given crap assignments with no support, and written up for every little thing.

She ended up having to leave before her probation ended cuz she was about to get fired.

Yo this is about to sound mad extra right now and I hardly come in this thread, but I’m a black man and I have always been down with y’all culture. My best friend is Filipino. Our families are tight, we live in Washington, big flip community. Anyways, I work at Boeing and so does my boy, and for months he has been **** on by his manager, the union, ethics, 2nd level manager.
They continually write him up and give him cams (corrective action memo) and crazy work loads. It’s unreal. And as a person who has faced racism or discrimination it’s clear as day he rubbed someone the wrong way and they playing with this man. It’s insane. Like he has no suppor when working in aircraft and then they come and punish him and try to make an example of him daily. Dude been drinking more and all sorts of ****. Anyways, He drafted a letter to Hr and they weren’t messing with him, then her talked to the union/ethics & they said he didn’t have enough evidence. I’m like wtf? You gotta catch someone calling you a slur on camera!!!

so I figure since English is his second language I didn’t have time to review the first draft. I kinda knew what was happening but it’s a boys club in there all politics, I thought he may had been exaggerating. I’m drafting a letter for him right now, about “how in this climate they shouldn’t make him feel targeted and discriminated against, also how coming to work is like walking into a storm, and how inside Boeing is a microcosm of the outsold world. It needs to be addressed and the harassment needs to stop“ sorta thing.

I’m tryna hit all the talking points and make it an issue that has to be addressed. So this dude can just work. White managers walk up and talk crazy to him. It’s wild and he’s so nice/non confrontational they using him as a scape goat on why their shop is behind. They wanna move him out the building.

anyways any input for this letter or if any of y’all got insight on HR/ethics would be greatly appreciated.

this me and him @ work
7C129B53-1C71-4DD6-8793-37E88E49E776.jpeg

the **** these dudes get away with in this company against minorities is sickening.
I'd get a hand held audio recoder and keep it running I'm my pocket all day. $40 recorder can record up to 30hrs without charging and store over 1000hrs of audio. It's insurance. If they verbally abuse him, this WILL come in handy. I would record the whole work day everyday for a month and make a note of the time, everytime I'm harassed (write down the time to reference it later on the recording.) I would record for about a month until I'm satisfied with the content I need to move forward by either presenting the audio to hr (if he can trust that move) or if I need to seek legal counsel.

The letter you're helping him with will come in handy as well, even if they choose to ignore it. The more proof he can collect to show he's exhausted all avenues for help and the company has still failed to remedy the situation, the better position it puts him in if he chooses to seek legal counsel. My 2 cents.

Props for helping the man out. You're a good dude.

I've seen management **** on people but usually they deserve it cause they're some lazy SOBs. You're boy sounds like a good, hardworking respectful person though. Smh. Do you know why they started coming after him all of a sudden?

I'd get a hand held audio recoder and keep it running I'm my pocket all day. $40 recorder can record up to 30hrs without charging and store over 1000hrs of audio. It's insurance. If they verbally abuse him, this WILL come in handy. I would record the whole work day everyday for a month and make a note of the time, everytime I'm harassed (write down the time to reference it later on the recording.) I would record for about a month until I'm satisfied with the content I need to move forward by either presenting the audio to hr (if he can trust that move) or if I need to seek legal counsel.

The letter you're helping him with will come in handy as well, even if they choose to ignore it. The more proof he can collect to show he's exhausted all avenues for help and the company has still failed to remedy the situation, the better position it puts him in if he chooses to seek legal counsel. My 2 cents.

Props for helping the man out. You're a good dude.

Don’t just write the letter either. Email that ****. Cc the superiors who are harassing him, coworkers, HR, union, etc. Get it to a point where they can’t say they never received the letter and it’s the first their hearing of this grievance.

Yea he's screwed.

Same thing happened to my sister at her last job. She unknowingly pissed off someone in power, and put a bulls eye on her back.

Just got bullied at every turn. Was given crap assignments with no support, and written up for every little thing.

She ended up having to leave before her probation ended cuz she was about to get fired.
This might be the same reason for dude.
Mgmt does not have a hard on for you, for no reason.
Whatever it was was self inflicted.

The only solution is time. And keeping it clean.

Yea he's screwed.

I’ve heard horror stories a plenty where I work. It’s always the wrong people with no leadership or people skills that move up smh. Sounds like if your sister didn’t quit they wouldn’t have passed her when her probation was up.

Back
Top Bottom