Filipino Culture Thread

FORWARDED

Be proud. Today and tomorrow’s generation are already benefitting from Duterte administrations’ tremendous accomplishments. It is undeniable, without enumerating infrastructure projects and significant government initiatives, we have been living in it and have been experiencing the positive effects every single day. Even with the global pandemic. This administration has been able to accomplish more than any other in the last 30 years. Even though there are 90% FAKE NEWS being broadcasted by international media and constant negativity being passed around to the uneducated and closed minded. Today’s Filipino residents are more disciplined, grateful and open minded. We focus more on being positive and productive rather than be judgemental, self-righteous and pessimistic. This is the reason why true Patriotic Filipinos are more optimistic about their lives in the Philippines and why we continously support the government. This is why Duterte has a 70% approval rating and keeps rising everyday ✌🏼

My buddies over there are saying all the promises are coming to fruition. All the infrastructure projects etc. What he did for Davao, to be propagated to the rest of the Philippines.

My buddies over there are saying all the promises are coming to fruition. All the infrastructure projects etc. What he did for Davao, to be propagated to the rest of the Philippines.

Of course they’d say the good things, why wouldn’t they? :rofl:

you have to factor in the pandemic playing a role in most of the commuters who are able to work from home. And yes, the other Skyways have opened up that cut travel significantly but you have to put into perspective that his administration has put the country backwards in the grand scheme of things.

so you’re okay with the military infiltrating the University of The Philippines cuz Duterte thinks that it’s a breeding ground for the NPA?

Well, they live there. So their day-to-day is affected heavily. They are first to criticize what's going on as well.

For me, I'm glad that the projects are coming to fruiton. But I agree with you, steps backwards on other aspects.

NPA came about because of corruption in the current Government structure. That corruption was initialized by the Marcos regime.

Shi**ý, u have a grandiose vision, but at what cost?

Of course they’d say the good things, why wouldn’t they? :rofl:

you have to factor in the pandemic playing a role in most of the commuters who are able to work from home. And yes, the other Skyways have opened up that cut travel significantly but you have to put into perspective that his administration has put the country backwards in the grand scheme of things.

so you’re okay with the military infiltrating the University of The Philippines cuz Duterte thinks that it’s a breeding ground for the NPA?

For those who don't know, only scholars go to UP.

E.g. You gotta be like a top 5 student your class and be qualified for academic scholarship to gain acceptance in UP.

For those who don't know, only scholars go to UP.

E.g. You gotta be like a top 5 student your class and be qualified for academic scholarship to gain acceptance in UP.

Uhm no? :rofl: :rofl:

For an academic scholarship? Sure. But an academic scholarship is not a determining factor to “gain acceptance” in UP. I have friends who weren’t top of their classes who go into UP without scholarships.

I took the UPCAT (despite the fact that I graduated HS here in the US), and of course I failed so I went to UST instead.

The way I understood it, topnotchers and kids with financial hardship who qualified got priority at UP schools since they're the only public universities in the country.

For an academic scholarship? Sure. But an academic scholarship is not a determining factor to “gain acceptance” in UP. I have friends who weren’t top of their classes who go into UP without scholarships.

I took the UPCAT (despite the fact that I graduated HS here in the US), and of course I failed so I went to UST instead.
I was lied to then. 🤣🤣🤣

May I ask, why go to Uni n the PI if you have access for Uni n the states?

The way I understood it, topnotchers and kids with financial hardship who qualified got priority at UP schools since they're the only public universities in the country.

Yup! This is correct.

I remember the time when I took it and I had to do an essay in Tagalog.... bruh I gave up right away :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I heard EDSA has less traffic now as well.
This some BS cause of the Pandemic anyway.

The closing down of Abs is so ****ed up on so many levels as they are sometimes the only news source in the far-flung areas. When the typhoon hit it was extra hard to communicate and hard for them to see live updates on the rescue/ relief operations.
Lives were lost because of this. IDK how someone can defend this.

Yup! This is correct.

I remember the time when I took it and I had to do an essay in Tagalog.... bruh I gave up right away :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

damn lol I heard they have close to zero foreign students, makes sense haha. gotta keep the public school for the local kids.

UST took my 10k and welcomed my American money with open arms

damn lol I heard they have close to zero foreign students, makes sense haha. gotta keep the public school for the local kids.

They got some foreign student-athletes. All of my friends who are dumb but good athletes got in there and graduated too. I thought **** was overrated and how they only get bright students.

Then i was invited to give a short career talk and i talked to some of the kids they are indeed more future-focused and career-minded than guys from other schools particularly my alma matter.

They got some foreign student-athletes. All of my friends who are dumb but good athletes got in there and graduated too. I thought **** was overrated and how they only get bright students.

Then i was invited to give a short career talk and i talked to some of the kids they are indeed more future-focused and career-minded than guys from other schools particularly my alma matter.

oh yeah UAAP/NCAA basketball no one gives a damn recruiting kids straight from Africa or the Middle East. seems like the regular student body has their collective **** together, like they know the stakes more than rich private school kids.

BRUH, I never stood a chance at UP :rofl:

At the time when I took my exams, I declared myself as a US citizen not knowing how much it would have affected the criteria I’d fall into.

So when I filed my paperwork at UST, a dude from the accounting office told me to get a dual citizenship since I have a PH birth certificate so I didn’t have to pay the ridiculous fees foreign students pay ON TOP OF the tuition fee (which I did on my first prelims during my freshman year).

Back
Top Bottom