Filipino Culture Thread

You think so ? I think it's the former. A lot of our moreno brethens identify with discrimination just because of skin tone. What do I know, I'm light skin filipino with dark skin filipino tendencies. I would like the opinion of someone black about this.

I agree with identifying with discrimination but not equally to a point where BLM becomes an appropriate theme for a fashion show.

The organizers should focus their efforts on EDUCATING Filipinos in the Philippines about Black Lives Matter instead.

also, a fashion show during a pandemic?:rofl:

You think so ? I think it's the former. A lot of our moreno brethens identify with discrimination just because of skin tone. What do I know, I'm light skin filipino with dark skin filipino tendencies. I would like the opinion of someone black about this.

If it were here in the US then yeah it would probably be the first one, but the theres a lot of ignorance/racism in the Philippines. I would doubt their knowledge of international race relations.

edit: especially in the context of fashion...they're taking advantage of the situation

IMG_20201105_114837~2.jpg

ahhh, now it makes sense to me why I've been seeing that all over my FB feed. I'm about to just start blessing everybody today:frown:

this was going around my socials earlier today, didn't understand why all these people were sharing some random Disney Christmas ad. Just watched it, many feels were had :frown:

I’m not crying- YOU’RE crying!!

feels good to be represented ya’ll.

on another note- I was watching Z-O-M- B-I-E-S 2 on Disney+ with my daughter last night and they had tinikling in one of their musical dance routines... I had to rewind it to make sure...
E5A28493-5F98-463D-B606-71AEC38347C3.jpeg

Shout out to all the Uncles and Aunties that casted their MAGA vote :rofl:

I had an uncle I had to learn for trying to convince me on why he MAGA
thanksgiving is going to be verrrryyyyyyyy interesting this year if my MAGA family members come through :lol:
had a cousin tell me that i was a liberal because i was "brainwashed when i attended berkeley, a devil-indoctrinating institution" :lol:
tried to convince me to be part of the maga cult by showing me infowars/tami lahren/kaitlin bennett stuff... no thanks :sick:

thanksgiving is going to be verrrryyyyyyyy interesting this year if my MAGA family members come through :lol:
had a cousin tell me that i was a liberal because i was "brainwashed when i attended berkeley, a devil-indoctrinating institution" :lol:
tried to convince me to be a trump supporter by showing me infowars/tami lahren/kaitlin bennett stuff... no thanks :sick:
They gon have to hold this L for a solid 4 year minimum.

tried to convince me to be part of the maga cult by showing me infowars/tami lahren/kaitlin bennett stuff... no thanks :sick:

They're criticizing Berkeley ? Unless they went to Stanford, I don't think they can talk trash like that.

I was at dope family get together this past Sat where my cousins came down from Chino Hills, LA, and OC.My cousin who was hosting at his house had one of his friends who is a Navy retired guy and his wife are huge MAGA supporters. Night was going good drinking san mig lite, red horse, other stuff like rum & whiskey while eating home made pampanga style sisig and karee kuyre.

Around 10pm his guest brings up politics and starts saying how the election is rigged and the courts will decide this for Trump.I let him ramble on for a good 15 minutes before I asked him about how Trump wouldn’t denounce white supremacy during the first debate. Old Pinoy retired Navy dude says “Oh its all media driven and controlled”. I got up and said good night and bounced my cousins house.

I was at dope family get together this past Sat where my cousins came down from Chino Hills, LA, and OC.My cousin who was hosting at his house had one of his friends who is a Navy retired guy and his wife are huge MAGA supporters. Night was going good drinking san mig lite, red horse, other stuff like rum & whiskey while eating home made pampanga style sisig and karee kuyre.

Around 10pm his guess brings up politics and starts saying how the election is rigged and the courts will decide this for Trump.I let him ramble on for a good 15 minutes before I asked him about how Trump wouldn’t denounce white supremacy during the first debate. Old Pinoy retired Navy dude says “Oh its all media driven and controlled”. I got up and said good night and bounced mg cousins house.
Same thing here bruh. **** is starting to trickle down to the kick its. Love how the MAGA folks are quick to say "Stick to XX (sports, etc.)", but want to spew that **** every second of the day.

I used to think I dont get these racists MAGA Filipinos. Then I think back that dam, naw im over thinking this. Filipinos worship wypipo.

Would be dope if they made an actual movie. I know Pixar would make a good one. A immigration theme or the contrast of different generations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom