Filipino Culture Thread

Filipino women have soft hands

Now that you mention it, all the Asian women I ever met had soft hands. The only exception was this one Vietnamese chick who’s family owned a restaurant in Providence. Figured that was from helping cook or something? I didn’t put much thought in it at the time.

Philippines is a hot mess of incompetence and straight up criminal negligence. Hospitals are packed (they had to completely shut down the public hospital in Manila) yet the government is saying that there's plenty of ICU beds everywhere, doing great! It's just gonna get worse :smh: :frown:

The el cheapo hospitals are packed. The nice rich private hospitals with the cure - or at least solution to a higher chance of recovery, well, you gotta be VIP to be in those hospitals.

The el cheapo hospitals are packed. The nice rich private hospitals with the cure - or at least solution to a higher chance of recovery, well, you gotta be VIP to be in those hospitals.
Are you serious? Wtf, man.

Are you serious? Wtf, man.

Yup.

So, my aunt, cousin + wife and kids live together.

Kids were playing with the kids of the drivers and maids in their compound. The kids got covid. Cousin and the wife got covid as well. They all recovered fine actually. Just mild symptoms for a couple of days.

My aunt got covid afterwards. She got hit hard and had to be hospitalized. However, they would not admit her to the nicer hospital - only politicians and VIPs were allowed at these handful of nicer hospitals.

Mind you, my aunt is well networked but still could not be admitted. They had to enlist the help of the husband of her sister (one my other aunts) since he is best friends with Erap and is the special advisor to Duterte when it came to assembling the Filipino-Chinese chamber of commerce commitee when Duterte visited China.

She is fine now. Gave her some medicine from China and she is fine now. She is 75.

Yup.

So, my aunt, cousin + wife and kids live together.

Kids were playing with the kids of the drivers and maids in their compound. The kids got covid. Cousin and the wife got covid as well. They all recovered fine actually. Just mild symptoms for a couple of days.

My aunt got covid afterwards. She got hit hard and had to be hospitalized. However, they would not admit her to the nicer hospital - only politicians and VIPs were allowed at these handful of nicer hospitals.

Mind you, my aunt is well networked but still could not be admitted. They had to enlist the help of the husband of her sister (one my other aunts) since he is best friends with Erap and is the special advisor to Duterte when it came to assembling the Filipino-Chinese chamber of commerce commitee when Duterte visited China.

She is fine now. Gave her some medicine from China and she is fine now. She is 75.
Unbelievable.

Thoughts ?

First off, I think it's pretty freaking awesome that other non-filipinos would use the term "barkada" for their business.

Secondly, I think this woman is reaching. I wouldn't say she is a Karen. But something close to it. Definitely an idiot for thinking the type of mindset she has.

Thoughts ?

First off, I think it's pretty freaking awesome that other non-filipinos would use the term "barkada" for their business.

Secondly, I think this woman is reaching. I wouldn't say she is a Karen. But something close to it. Definitely an idiot for thinking the type of mindset she has.

I think she's reaching for being that upset over it, it's not really appropriation but white folks have a history of doing such things :lol:

Kinda weird to me to give something an obscure name without a backstory of some sort, but hey do you.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with that. It’s a great name for a bar. She’s not a Karen but definitely just being being sobra ma arte with that.

But it’s 2020 and this is the kind of stuff that happens so whatever. They should change the name to “The Jolly Bee” just to get her tight though.

Filipina lolas are really god tier man, my lola from Canada whom ive watched the Finals when she was in Manila(though I had like a rack on Warriors lol) remembered that I suggested I wanted some Raptors champ merch being a big Drake fan and her being from Toronto and after like a year and some she remembered and brought me one at the Balikbayan box 😭

received_838163839924487.jpeg

You wanna see some tone deaf bull****?

a friend of mine from Manila sent me this abomination...

I’m BEYOND speechless about this ****.

Filipino fashion designers profiting off the suffering of our African-American brothers and sisters when there are problems happening in our land is ****ing disgusting. Whoever ok’d this deserves to get fired. It’s beyond poor taste.

It could be either a tribute/protest statement, or profiting off of human rights atrocities. Knowing Filipinos, its probably the latter :smh: smh

It could be either a tribute/protest statement, or profiting off of human rights atrocities. Knowing Filipinos, its probably the latter :smh: smh

You think so ? I think it's the former. A lot of our moreno brethens identify with discrimination just because of skin tone. What do I know, I'm light skin filipino with dark skin filipino tendencies. I would like the opinion of someone black about this.

Duterte got everybody so scared to protest about the injustices plaguing our country cuz of the terror bill so they went ahead with a BLM-themed *FASHION SHOW*

:stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom