Fill me in on Pro B's

I have been seeing a lot of pro b's lately and i noticed that they kinda have a stuffed tongue and fat laces. Anyone care to fill me in on pro b'sand the difference between them and sb's. I would also appreciate it if anyone can let me know about co.jp. If it is in the wrong forum im sorry but sincethere nike retros i guess this was the right forum. Thanks in advance.

Not sure when they first started releasing them. Might have been before or around 02. My memory sucks! They were GRs and only came with one set of laces. Ihave a couple pairs of stone mesas and HAD a pair of grip tapes.

My pics:

I'm pretty sure Stone Mesas aren't Pro B's, I believe they are Pro's. The Pro B line started in 2002 I believe correct me if I'm wrong.

Olives also pro b. I think most of them had fat tongues. My olives do and I think that most stone mesas are fat tongue too.

Pro B does not mean fat tongue and oval laces. For example, all of the ugly ducklings (viotechs, plums, veneers, ceramics) are Pro B's.
I would also appreciate it if anyone can let me know about co.jp.
co.jp stands for concept Japan. It means a Japan only release. A co.jp can be any model of sneaker (Dunk, AF1, Vandal, etc.) it just has to onlyrelease in Japan.

Lightnings and Olives =
pimp.gif

If your looking to buy some Pro-B's they shouldn't be to difficult to get. You can definately find them for a decent price too.

Originally Posted by birdyman18

I'm pretty sure Stone Mesas aren't Pro B's, I believe they are Pro's. The Pro B line started in 2002 I believe correct me if I'm wrong.
oops! you're correct! they're just pros but do have a fat tongue and oval laces.

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

My first pair of dunks were Pro B's... Wht/Naby lows

Some pics I had saved from nsb somebody posted. Not mine

7f0155e6cd34219bd988a672867766062eb7f7f.jpg
525257ae27cd132b203978142310ed52e0cf1e1.jpg
ce3151eccf32289e7e56211e2c3a8e2c576a5a9.jpg
c7435495ec50cdfc37b028d0922185d672c5be7.jpg
2d6150e4c532269f12a232dcfc5c96860c6ddaa.jpg
d9715fe0c83f23906b85747aff880073342c7f4.jpg
5ed35ea0e76ccc9932bd208a98ef85da3677699.jpg
pimp.gif

these were euro releases dubbed the "un-mulders" - some stupid nickname that stuck
eyes.gif

Pro B's were the predecessors to the SBs. some of the more popular ones were the Griptapes (maroon, black griptapes w/ the gum bottoms, and lightnings)they were available at the skateshops a lil before the 1st series came out. the other Pro B's like the mesas, olives, red/stone/white, white/blue patentleather, etc..(there were many) were just loosely thrown around without any real reason why.

nothing like the dunks from '99, these are my favs along with those minty green joints.

50552_f5f7459923_l.jpg

oh yeah, forgot about the ross dunks...

black/gums, white/grey w/ dark grey laces, and grey griptapes...those were ill and pretty much started it for me, leading to the co.jp/pro b's....

Nice to see some of the old B's but when did this thread transform into a sneaker showcase?? For real.

Fill my man in in the Pro B tip and save the pics for your girlfriends for cryin out loud.

---------- Release dates for colors.
---------- Where they released.
---------- How they inspired the SB line.
---------- Why the padded tongue maybe???
---------- Quality then-vs-now.

Who's got files on these beside all the joker pics. Stop messin around and give the guy some real info not just stolen pics.
Kids. Geez.

^lol, you mad but it aint that serious

release dates were 99-03'
they were released from japan to skate shops to ross to mom and pop stores and chain retailers (footlockers, footaction, champs, finishline, etc..)
the only difference between an SB and a regular dunk is the zoom insoles. when the SB line was embraced, here it is today.
some pro B's had padded tongues some didn't. no real reason just as there are non-padded tongue SBs
quality then < quality now. compare buttery suede forbes to cardboard box heinekens for example. it just got progressively worse...

Back
Top Bottom