FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by jshortt

Yo,

Good news/bad news. Just got word that the black/red and a white/carolina colorway have been cancelled. To me, it kinda sucks as I actually liked the black/reds, but I know a lot of you guys didn't. Just wanted to pass the news along.

Peace,
J

Let me announce this: that it's extremely rare that i comment on a shoe and bastardize the hell out of Nike's lack of healthy and sound
judgement when placing retros with the appropriate color blocking... but that was just a lame attempt at releasing a marque retro with
such revolting hue placement/choices.

Sometimes, we truly have to rally our voices to that stubborn company and let them know that "THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE IF YOU
WANT TO MAXIMIZE YOUR PROFITS AND KEEP THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING FOOD IN YOUR
BABIES TUMMIES AND FAMILY'S TABLES... HAPPY!!!"

I mean... just because the typical demographic for a sneakerhead (like moi) happens to hail from the innercity, colored and broke...
doesn't mean you have to treat us like buffoons (cuz it doesn't mean we're stupid... well, some).

Pardon the digressionage, but good gracious... i'm so relieved that they decided the scrap that underwhelming attempt at the SC II's. 

And for crying out loud, we need those infrared.

As a diabetic... i need them more than my insulin.

*in Ms. Keri voice*

"Shawty they like insulin... shawty they like insulin. I know they shoes, i know they shoes,  but trust they superior to actual insulin..."

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Canceled as in, they know they were wrong and will be bringing out other colors ie, a DELAY? Or like other cancellations, "We're just moving on to the next shoe and not even releasing this one... at all"

I guess either event is better than seeing these laughed at and flopping. Good choice.. word to nba elite's delay

No idea.  My buddy's shop just got an email from the Nike rep saying that those two colors were cancelled.  Haven't heard about the others.  They also cancelled the white/black/red Trainer Max 2, and are replacing it with a grey/purple colorway, and also added a grey/purple Air Max Jr to the docket.

Peace,
  J

I hope this means they realized the product would never sell and decided to release to OG colorways instead.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

and here are the butchered GS versions courtesy Sneakernews

nike-auto-trainer-gs-white-grey-lemon-green-01.jpg
Again, its amazing to me that they can get the colorway almost perfect on the monstrosities above, but have to mess with the color and placement on the correct version and for what??! Makes no $%&! sense to me.

Here's to hoping that the next samples we see are the ones we deserve...

Originally Posted by Hyalite

I hope this means they realized the product would never sell and decided to release to OG colorways instead.

i second this!! if they drop all og colorways, this shoe might be the top seller of 11, if not it will be close. like i said ill cop 10 of each og colorway!

and here are the butchered GS versions courtesy Sneakernews

nike-auto-trainer-gs-white-grey-lemon-green-01.jpg
Again, its amazing to me that they can get the colorway almost perfect on the monstrosities above, but have to mess with the color and placement on the correct version and for what??! Makes no $%&! sense to me.

Here's to hoping that the next samples we see are the ones we deserve...
I did this quick PS awhile back...
9ca35f4f45646238cb39c262b15c2fc6f60271f.jpg

The upper is not messed with at all. It's the GS version. I have added a strap and the OG midsole... thats all I ask for. Give me that GS version above and the proper strap and midsole and I'd ride off in the sunset
pimp.gif

^ I don't know what I think about those.

I'm definitely not opposed to new/original colourways, but the new ones they're making (especially the black/red ones) are nowhere near as nice as the OG's.

I'd be fine with the ones above if they came out after one or two OG colorways but they haven't shown signs of releasing even one OG. Plus they're overusing that chlorine blue a little. Looks sick on the 24/7's but it's also on the Barkleys, and they're using it on the upcoming Trainer Max 94's and the Griffey Jr. Max's.

Seriously, what the h!ll are they doin!?!? Just release the OG cw's damn!t and stop making ******ed cw's of this beautiful sneaker.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... they can release as many new colorways as they want to, so long as they release the proper OG colorways as well. That isn't too much to ask for, in my opinion.

I honestly gave up all hope that Nike would do the SC II right a long time ago. If they ever do get it right then great, but if not then whatever....
tired.gif

I honestly gave up all hope that Nike would do the SC II right a long time ago. If they ever do get it right then great, but if not then whatever....
tired.gif

agreed...

tired.gif
If they do it right/properly, we'll buy em.  It's really that simple... and lets face it, Nike makes retros to cater to crowds like us.  

TSG has a photo of the fall 2011 total orange pair.
http://theshoegame.com/ar...er-2-ii-2011-retro.html/
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-retro.jpg

Call me bitter. Call me old. I shall agree with Ruxxx from a few posts up. I'm sick of your teases. You have all the colored accent pieces in perfect placement and go with black instead of gray.

So close to perfect that it ultimately fails in my book. I'll just continue accumulating older retros and once those breakdown into mere foam pieces, i'll jump into reebok, asics, or adidas retros.

Back
Top Bottom