FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Holiday 2011 has two more colorways set for release:

443575-600 DEEP BURGUNDY/DEEP BURGUNDY//BLACK 11.01.11
443575-011 BLACK/BLACK//ANTHRACITE 12.01.11

It's like a broken record, and I'm living in hell.

We can pretty much call off the infrareds and teal.lime OGs from being released for all of 2011, unless they are some how a limited release. By the time 2012 rolls around, there may be 7 other SC II retros out there, only one being OG c/w (white/grey/black). Talk about saturating the market with crap. Great strategy. Let 6 colorways go to outlets and sit. Nike top guns will see this model as a complete failure, and who knows.. Maybe 2012 we get nothing.
I've said it before, they tend to set their own models up to fail. Rarely have them come in at first crack, given us OG c/w RETRO, and just left. They love to treat us trainer fans to either a lot of low quality crap and/or terrible colorways.. When it's a combo of both, thats when it gets fun (see black/silver/purple sc trainer). If it's not the color that's wrong, its the material usage (see the auburn sc, beets, white.red., white.dark blue, and raider 34 sc highs). Nike sees one thing here. Failure. It doesn't matter that people arent buying because of the materials. They see the colorway as the lost point of sale.. That leaves me thinking just one thing, we all might need to buy the hell out of the white/grey/black OG colorway retro and nothing else. If that's not bought up because of materials, Nike will assume its because the white majority upper is too plain and toss out future plans for the infrareds or teal/limes. It's really crazy and sad, but likely the truth.

Then again, they could be working reverse psychology, give us crap colorways for an entire year. See the error in their thinking as they tank. Realize that maybe they need to make a change of somesort and that radical change are the infrared/ teal/limes? Seeing as how that summer white.grey.lime release is so close to OG status and the white/black/ttotal orange to the infrareds, I may be in a dream state thinking we'd get actual 1 for 1 reproductions a couple years down the line..  That's my trainer rant for the week
laugh.gif

Dang. I got excited to see this thread bumped. More junk? Ugh...Nike.....nevermind. Broken record.

same ol same ol from the nike retro dept. wally's photoshop colorways would be bought in multiples, the colors they are releasing i wont even pick up at the outlets....one of these days they should really take the sentiments of this board more seriously.

4 real i would buy at least 3-5 of each og color, even if the leather was junk. c'mon nike air hook us/yourself up. the better the shoe, the more cash you tools make!! get on it allrdy!!!

any new news on these? hopefully the scrapped those lame colors and are working on the o.g.'s!! AND LOL AT ABOVE COMMENT!!!

Not really any news that I've seen. According to a poster on page 12, the black/reds slated for April have been scrapped. Along with the white/chlorine pair. That leaves the White/lime pair which has a date of June... The question remains. With one color getting scrapped, does the white/lime jump up from the June launch to April? I guess we'll find out in 4 weeks.

Mullet revolution. I would need at least 4 months in advance of the infrared release to be able to pull that off.

Nike, you give us concrete info on a og c/w retro done right and I'd be ready to wear a mullet until 2013.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Slightly off topic, but I need this whole 1st line retrod, not just the ATH & ATSC...

What are the two on the far right? Would love to get those. Have they retro'd in any way at all?
EDIT: Are the orange ones the Air Trainer III? The majority of the recent retros of those I have seen have been in terrible colourways, but those ones look really good.

^ The "orange" Air Trainer III's are actually the medicine ball AT3's, while the far-right are the Air Trainer TW (aka Air Trainer 2).

god damn wallyshopped pic's, always ON POINT thus making the release totally unappealing
laugh.gif
what's up man

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

TSG has a photo of the fall 2011 total orange pair.
http://theshoegame.com/ar...er-2-ii-2011-retro.html/
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-retro.jpg

Call me bitter. Call me old. I shall agree with Ruxxx from a few posts up. I'm sick of your teases. You have all the colored accent pieces in perfect placement and go with black instead of gray.

So close to perfect that it ultimately fails in my book. I'll just continue accumulating older retros and once those breakdown into mere foam pieces, i'll jump into reebok, asics, or adidas retros.
TURRIBLE! If this is what releases, what a *&%#$ waste!  I would sell blood, plasma, and whatever other bodily fluids they were accepting at the banks, and probably sell a few lesser needed organs in order to buy 10-15 pairs in my size if these were done right in OG colors.  Ok, maybe I would stop before organs, but you get the point.  Why is there even a sample pic that exists with this black/dark color as opposed to grey/silver? I think I just threw up in my mouth.....
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

^word
just who exactly are these follies being produced for? Cause anyone who knows
of this model wants the original colors.

here's what i don't understand about nike's retro campaigns:

Who is intended to benefit from the decision of making the upper a "new" colour? no one.
as much as collectors make up for a fairly small percentage of the market, it's a large amount of money to miss out on by not at least somewhat catering to them. it's not as if the average customer is going to turn them down since he won't have a single clue about the shoe's history, let alone colourways. so just retro the appropriate colours and everyone will be happy.

...until we see the difference in shape.

...then feel the difference in the material quality.

...then we experience the cracking.

This is why i stick to 2003 or earlier nowadays

Newish pics... from SneakerNews
30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif

frown.gif

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

Style: 443575-001
Color: Black/Black-Varsity Red
Release Date: April 7th, 2011

Style: 443575-102
Color: White/Dark Grey-Neutral Grey-Citron
Release Date: May 1st, 2011

Style: 443575-100
Color: White/Chlorine Blue-Dark Grey
Release Date: May 1st, 2011

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-chlorine-blue-dark-grey-02.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-chlorine-blue-dark-grey-01.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-chlorine-blue-dark-grey-03.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-chlorine-blue-dark-grey-04.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-chlorine-blue-dark-grey-05.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-02.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-01.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-03.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-04.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-05.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-02.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-01.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-03.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-04.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-white-dark-grey-neutral-grey-citron-05.jpg

nothin unexpected , Nike already showed by the first samples that they didnt have a clue about how these are supposed to look. Another Disneyland-retro-attempt from Nike

Back
Top Bottom