FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I've only been in this thing for a half decade. I can't imagine the people who had these in '89. It gets to the point where it's close enough. Good for some of ya'll to get past that. It's not that serious , as I'll just buy other stuff, but serious enough for me, as a trainer fan, to show my displeasure and ultimate concern.

I'd buy 150 of these.. No Joke
672xeb.jpg

Just a quick color swap change makes all the difference in the world.

And for the infrared fans:
4qhn5e.jpg

vs.
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-tt-2.jpg

Now that's the "close enough" I can deal with.

....Amen Wally, that ps should get quoted every single page until these jackwagons get it together and change them before they hit production 
nerd.gif

That is good news Mayhemgatz. Spread the news to EVERYONE.

Production on the Auburn SC's which hit retailers in early Sept. of 2009 have a production date starting around April 8th 2009. So a full Five months before release, they started making them. The total orange pair noted above is slated for release around 9/1/10. So pretty much that same time frame. Production should be starting in April. We have a solid two months to get the word out. This is the last of my pleas. Get your act together.

This is ridiculous.

Broken record time: Nike, you can do as many $%ing new c/w's as you want, as long as you do 2-3 OG c/w's. WTH, putting all these out to justify the jobs of their "color-blocking team"?
30t6p3b.gif

We heard one 'worker' from Nike post here years ago, saying Factories change methods over the years. Materials and colors change. Finding the match is hard to do. Much like the butchering of the trainer max 91 grey yellows. To some degree, that's acceptable or better yet, understandable. Here... This right here.. Don't tell me you don't have medium grey or cement grey leather/pleather sitting around. You DID that same thing on the auto trainer. This isn't some hard to find "bright green" accent color that factories don't have now. We're talking straight GREY
laugh.gif
. No more excuses

I can hear the reasoning now. "Well. Last year we had a Grade School (GS) model that portrayed the original trainer sc II upper with a vulcanized midsole called the AUTO TRAINER. We wanted to provide something a bit unique or different to our audience this time around, so we tweaked the original colors just a bit." http://oi44.tinypic.com/fk18xh.jpg
The go ahead to get those other colors or that entire model created may yield the real SC TRAINER II to never get those exact colors. The workers at Nike Sportswear have no care in the world for OG colorways. I shall reciprocate and show my displeasure.

signed.

Wally, i would love for a Nike exec to try and pass that reasoning to one of us in our face
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

We heard one 'worker' from Nike post here years ago, saying Factories change methods over the years. Materials and colors change. Finding the match is hard to do. Much like the butchering of the trainer max 91 grey yellows. To some degree, that's acceptable or better yet, understandable. Here... This right here.. Don't tell me you don't have medium grey or cement grey leather/pleather sitting around. You DID that same thing on the auto trainer. This isn't some hard to find "bright green" accent color that factories don't have now. We're talking straight GREY
laugh.gif
. No more excuses
I remember exactly what you're talking about, but I didn't buy one word of it.  Nike is probably the world's biggest athletic footwear company and with the orders they put in to the factories, there's no way they would settle for inconsistencies of their final retail-product from the various factories.  That's why they have samples... I don't believe Nike QC would accept anything thats far-off from their agreed-upon design, down to the specific shade of the colors.  It's convenient to put the blame on the factories, but I think it just comes down to Nike taking a half-%@* approach.  "Ehhh... close enough".  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by cortes21

too much going on for me...
mad.gif

I somewhat agree with this. Take it back to the beginning.  I don't want to create a new topic. but this brings me to the question, Will we ever trend back to where "less is more"?
x3y2pu.jpg

A lot of these trainers have layers upon layers. They are complex pieces of work. Almost all of these shoes are white based. The last thing you want to do is make the upper busy with weird color placement. Tinker and crew knew what they were doing with the color blocking. One small change can BOTCH up and BUTCHER the entire look of a shoe.

Do you think basic colorways can make a reintroduction as "popular". It seems all the popular stuff now a days are an all orange KD II, all green apple grinch kobes, and all aqua SB lebrons. Shoes used to stand alone and gain attention for the design elements alone. Now its straight up anything all one color and flashy.

These just popped up on ebay

It makes me sad knowing a day we see something so simple may never happen. I know a whole bunch of white based sky force 88 retros are being done for 2011. The V series by Nike. Even your trainer 1 and 1.2 GRs were basic in nature, But they never seemed to capture an audience. It was always the PEs.

There is really only two things you can do to the SC trainer II. All white upper like above, or a very light grey toebox/ankle piece that accents everything else. A very monochromatic spectrum. It's like baking a cake or cooking home made spaghetti sauce. Miss on one ingredient, and it's just not the same.

Like Nike's own Slogan on that photo above: "BUT JUST DO IT RIGHT". You know what shoes garner the most attention that I wear? The most basic colorways. Maybe it'll start a revolution of some sort. There has been so many crazy colorways over the years that we may begin to go back to the basics? The Nike atIII is a good example. For anything basic, you'd have to go back almost a decade. Yet its most popular shoe may be the transformer c/w.
eek.gif

Will we ever trend away from crazy PE's and back to the basics?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by cortes21

too much going on for me...
mad.gif

I somewhat agree with this. Take it back to the beginning.  I don't want to create a new topic. but this brings me to the question, Will we ever trend back to where "less is more"?
x3y2pu.jpg

A lot of these trainers have layers upon layers. They are complex pieces of work. Almost all of these shoes are white based. The last thing you want to do is make the upper busy with weird color placement. Tinker and crew knew what they were doing with the color blocking. One small change can BOTCH up and BUTCHER the entire look of a shoe.

Do you think basic colorways can make a reintroduction as "popular". It seems all the popular stuff now a days are an all orange KD II, all green apple grinch kobes, and all aqua SB lebrons. Shoes used to stand alone and gain attention for the design elements alone. Now its straight up anything all one color and flashy.

These just popped up on ebay

It makes me sad knowing a day we see something so simple may never happen. I know a whole bunch of white based sky force 88 retros are being done for 2011. The V series by Nike. Even your trainer 1 and 1.2 GRs were basic in nature, But they never seemed to capture an audience. It was always the PEs.

There is really only two things you can do to the SC trainer II. All white upper like above, or a very light grey toebox/ankle piece that accents everything else. A very monochromatic spectrum. It's like baking a cake or cooking home made spaghetti sauce. Miss on one ingredient, and it's just not the same.

Like Nike's own Slogan on that photo above: "BUT JUST DO IT RIGHT". You know what shoes garner the most attention that I wear? The most basic colorways. Maybe it'll start a revolution of some sort. There has been so many crazy colorways over the years that we may begin to go back to the basics? The Nike atIII is a good example. For anything basic, you'd have to go back almost a decade. Yet its most popular shoe may be the transformer c/w.
eek.gif

Will we ever trend away from crazy PE's and back to the basics?

Tinker and his crew were true artists , the so-called designers of today are just wack copy cats that mix some trendy colorways and put it together in some random way..especially when it comes to retros. Tinker himself often states that he has nothing to do with the retros that we see so he cant speak for them and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to understand that what he is sayin is that he dont wanna be recognized with any of those horrible re-makes that we see today. Nike's pride is long gone...and so is the style and finess.  

Wally, what you just wrote should be printed and passed around Nike headquarters, couldn't have said it any better, i think what bothers me even more is the people that come onto the forums and try to defend this garbage. Back in 99-01 if you made even a small change people would be up in arms today they either grin and bare it or try to knock the people that actually know what their talking about. Then the shoe flops and what happens? You never see another retro. I don't understand how they can release the Trainer 1, 3, trainer max 91, trainer sc, trainer max 94 all in their original colors but they couldn't do it for this release. Someone justify that to me. And before you say well some where down the line they probably will, lts been 21 years I think we waited long enough, damn near every flagship shoe in the trainer lineage has been released once if not multiple times in their OG colors but the trainer sc ii hasn't had one release, NO EXCUSE.

Looking at that pic Wally posted brings back memories. Those were the glory years. I had(ve) a good portion of those kicks.

I'm also a believer in less is more. Plus bright colors aren't really my style.

Nike is really doing a disservice to their past with a lot of their current retros.

Another day. Another rant.

I guess you could almost see it coming.

1997 rolls around; Raider sc trainer high "retro". 1998; a royal blue sc trainer high "retro" and the auburn sc Bo. 1999; the "infrared" style sc trainer high retro. 2000 sees the three original colorway air trainer sc (III) in the regal blue, indigo blue, and medicine ball colors. Along with the air trainer 1 chlorophyll and varsity red. How or why the SC II never saw the light of day back then, I will never know. If any colorway or model missed the boat then, it was pretty much a rap for a decade.

It all boils down to a straight up lack of respect. Supreme comes around a couple years back looking for a model to create some "noise". Nike could have or should have countered what Supreme was attempting to do and say "No! You will not have us retro that model for the first time and disgrace a past GREAT". Did they care about that in the slightest? Nope. Could they have subsequently competed with the supreme line and had some OG colorways come out in the coming months? Possibly. Or maybe Nike could have done this on their own terms and let Supreme do that after OG colorways got retroed.

Interns or workers with no regard for the past come in now, check out the archives for that one model they can have some fun with. It's almost like a classic car in a classic colorway getting a reproduction done, But they want to liven things up a bit? Those hardcore fans wouldn't stand for any of that. Think of a classic 1960s muscle car that Sony or WB wants to use for a new movie promotion. Do they go straight classic as Ford builds a model from scratch or do they need something extra to create that "wow" factor? Life is all about gimmicks now I suppose.

OG NIKE workers: REGULATE these renegade workers, please. DO what you did 14 years back. All the original colorways and then go crazy w/ diff. colors. Have some respect. But it doesn't just end there
laugh.gif
. Mita Trainer dunk emulating the chlorophyll at1, maxim trainer 1 using precise colors from the 1987 originals, wmns trainer 1 max using the same template, the tr1 and tr1.2 using the template, even your zt1 and ztt1 taking on that scheme. A high top RT1 biting off the original AT1. Yet no where to be seen is the original model in its OG form. They give the go ahead to all these branches of Nike to completely butcher and saturate the market with a whole bunch of copy cats.

It's obviously a popular scheme if it's being emulated by so many other models, yet they don't have the foresight to do a proper retro. It's to a point where it kind of doesn't matter. All of the other models kind of make up for a missing original.. I sense the SC trainer II retro will fall into that same category. The total orange pair kind of looks like the infrared, so that should be "good enough".

I guess I'm just glad NIKE themselves are butchering their own shoe. The last thing I would have wanted is some DQM x SC TRAINER II retro in a whole bunch of crazy colors. A first run retro being given to a Collab is a total lack of respect for the past. Supreme think they helped but it was far more damaging in my eyes.
----------------
trethousandgt, I recommend staying away from any of the sneaker blogs that are picking up on the release of this shoe. Maybe it's guys not in the know but they are liking this more and more by the day. Fine... Like it. I'm too much of a traditionalist to appreciate something like this without first recognizing the original colors. I'm up in arms, and constantly get called out, "It's close enough. This colorway still kicks %&$. Stop complaining". Or maybe its someone saying, "Stop with that OG  c/w 'holier than thou' attitude. It's not that serious". I would say it is pretty serious if a guy like myself who's entire wearable collection is 99% trainers is disowning the vast majority of what's out there or will be out there. Why am I not first to post and be like some of the guys in the kobe VI thread posting up to 8 times a page. They are hyped up for the product, deservingly so. I could be a positive FAN of some of these trainers. I want to be. The negativity wears me down.

I was at the outlet today and got a little upset. They had the GS Auto Trainer in Neon/Blue. All the colors and panels real close to correct. Then I think of the Total Orange abomination and that Nike is capable of doing the right thing.

They have all the colors... like you said for the auto-trainer as well as the white/lime Courtballistec 2.3's, which would have worked better on the ATC3 retros instead of sonic-yellow they used. 
Nike can, but just doesn't want to.

Lighting's different, but you get the idea.

Retro

nike-air-tech-challenge-1.jpg

OG

nike-air-tech-challenge-original____.jpg

Courtballistic 2.3 lime

CourtBallistec386171-104.jpg

Wally I agree with you 100 percent, I'm not trying to flame or anything like that but I think that we should all settle on the fact that a proper retro will never come to be.

There have been a number of retros that have turn out pretty solid, but for every one well-done retro there have been 10 that fall far below anybody's expectations.

I want the same thing that most of you guys want because I grew up during that era, but if it ain't right, I don't buy

Originally Posted by Mister Victory

Wally I agree with you 100 percent, I'm not trying to flame or anything like that but I think that we should all settle on the fact that a proper retro will never come to be.

There have been a number of retros that have turn out pretty solid, but for every one well-done retro there have been 10 that fall far below anybody's expectations.

I want the same thing that most of you guys want because I grew up during that era, but if it ain't right, I don't buy
Yea i don't think any of us complaining are buying any of the crap thats not done right but it really upsets you when you support a brand for so many years and they don't do right by the retro's.  You can't knock us for complaining bottom line is without us this whole retro craze wouldn't even exist.   BTW every time I look at the ATC III retro you can't help but think what it should have been
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

so how do we know og colors arent coming out? we are just surmizing??
The only evidence we have so far are the known summer and fall colorways. Anything is possible for the future. I think the underlying thought process is that, this model is 21 years old and getting the retro treatment for the first time. Start it off with a bang.  If 2012 rolls around and they finally want to get some teal-yellows out or infrareds, both in OG fashion, as retros, I would be ecstatic. Currently, the vibe just isn't very positive, deservedly so. How do you kick start something monumental with sub par colors?
---------------------------------------------------

Sinnerp, what is the official name of that court ballistic colorway? That is just about perfect. I almost forget about that butchering of a colorway
laugh.gif
. Great reminder.
---------------------------------------------------

All I really focus on is trainers, so that failure rate is almost all I know. I can count on both hands the # of GR OG colorway retro cross trainers released in the past 10 years (of those maybe half are quality materials). Considering the failure rate you mentioned above and the fact trainers just don't released that often, you are saturating the market with a bunch of LS (lifestyle) themed crap. I would say there may be one decent trainer released every year on average. Knowing the past of cross trainers, Nike's archives or library is so rich with items that they could release 5-10 colorways/models every year and not run out for one-two decades (based on original colorways alone). They could almost compete with the original colorways of the first dozen or so run of Jordans.. Jordan fans, imagine one RETRO released every year of your favorite OG c/w jordan... The upcoming cement Jordan IIIs.... Thats it for 2011.
laugh.gif
. That's what Nike is doing to cross trainers.. Or a step further... 2003 jordan IIIs never retroed.. 94s either.. 2011 rolls around and for the first ever white cement jordan III retro, they make the midsole grey and the red accent pieces are aqua. I'm pretty much content with the fact Nike themselves killed off the vast majority of cross training fans, and I've probably spread this drivel before. It's like myself and a dozen others spreading our disdane. If it wasn't for Nike killing off the genre, the hatred would be at a much higher level.

For this release, I just do not understand why they want to saturate the market with a white/lime and black/red for summer, and then three fall 2011 lineup, when they might eventually throw in some truly originals in 2012.

With that, day 4, rant #3. We'll see what I have to say tomorrow.

Wally, specifically...
Nike Air Max Courtballistec 2.3

Color: White/Black/Hot Lime

386171-104

On sale right now for $80 too.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Yea i don't think any of us complaining are buying any of the crap thats not done right but it really upsets you when you support a brand for so many years and they don't do right by the retro's.  You can't knock us for complaining bottom line is without us this whole retro craze wouldn't even exist.   BTW every time I look at the ATC III retro you can't help but think what it should have been
ohwell.gif
Yeah, I was looking forward to ATC III retro and I was really disappointment with how those turned out. As far as trainers go, the black/oxidized green carnivores was well done (the colors where a different hue, but it was close to the originals). 

If the ATC IV's ever come back out and they pull that same nonsense that they have been doing over the last few years, I'll join you guys on the picket line
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom