FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Here are the pictures, courtesy of Iphone. I think I will be returning these. They are decent but just not feeling it in person. Maybe if the leather wasn't shiny, it be a different story, to me.

Maybe keep them for a sole swap off of the originals? Just find an OG pair and get to gluing lol/

thanks for the photos.

Black leather is tricky. Most of the time the really shiny stuff is the cheap crap. But there are a few rare occasions (like the 2005 at1 low ft black.gum sole) where the leather is shiny, soft, and really prone to creasing. But that's the exception. The true softness of the leather makes them a true keeper despite the shineyness and creasing. I owned a pair of the '06 sc trainer black greys. The pleather was sickening.. I'm guessing by your overall observations that this time around shiny leather DOES equal cheap.. If it's shiny, and cheap feeling, there's a problem. Can you confirm that it's truly cheap feeling stuff? (the only recent retro with pleather that I own would be the tr1.2 GRs and a pair of 09 med. balls and 09 sc auburns... if you could compare against those)

That't too bad. I guess it's for the best that original colors did not come out. We would still be complaining. Instead directing it about the quality... But now it's quality and bad colors? A double nut shot.

Wally, these seem to be the cheap shiny leather. If it wasnt the cheap kinda, might actually keep even if shiny. If this was the ONLY CW being released, I would keep it.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by SinnerP

See, these c/w's will probably be a flop and someone in Nike will probably say "I told you these weren't gonna sell"... Do they not realize the people who want these, want these in specific c/w's and not "close enough" c/w's? With a proper OG c/w, these are guaranteed to sell to at least the sneakerheads.
Yeah, I know "sneakerhead" sales probably account for a small portion of Nike's total turnover, but aren't retros made for the fans?  If you're gonna retro a shoe for the fans, why not do it properly?

Most sneaker blog commenters seem to like these. I got called out for being an elitist
laugh.gif

I spotted what I think is a new photo. I'm guessing samples but you never know.
http://www.ruvilla.com/main/future-releases/nike-trainer-sc-ii-whitelimegrey-black/
nike-trainer-sc-ii-white-lime-grey-black.jpg

------------

What's a new photo without some Photoshops. My most extensive work yet. Stay clear from any windows
laugh.gif

bcf252f40c6cec39c49b45114a6641f67146c53.jpg

Eight small changes turn a dull looking piece of crap into something worth looking at
-All Dark grey shades are made a little bit brighter (strap, swoosh, both heel pieces closest to midsole
-Bubble turned OG Grey
-Shade of lime is turned a bit more yellow
-Upper piece right to the right of the strap turned same shade of light grey as toebox
-Sockliner turned Aqua
-Grey lace lock turned OG white.
-Lower lacelock below strap turned Og White
-Achilles ankle piece turned OG white.
All were very small changes. The light grey upper and white elements are nearly perfect.. It's in the details though

dfd2569437666c00c0ab6bf392146e9884d714d.jpg

For this one, the changes were even less dramatic
-Sockliner turned to black
-Strap and Swoosh turned to black
-Lime forefoot and upper lacelock turned to red and saturation turned up a bit
-Heel "canvas" design was turned black
-"Canvas" type forefoot in black was added
-Achilles ankle piece turned OG white.
all those cw's are somethin serious:.

Originally Posted by gueser

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by SinnerP

See, these c/w's will probably be a flop and someone in Nike will probably say "I told you these weren't gonna sell"... Do they not realize the people who want these, want these in specific c/w's and not "close enough" c/w's? With a proper OG c/w, these are guaranteed to sell to at least the sneakerheads.
Yeah, I know "sneakerhead" sales probably account for a small portion of Nike's total turnover, but aren't retros made for the fans?  If you're gonna retro a shoe for the fans, why not do it properly?

Most sneaker blog commenters seem to like these. I got called out for being an elitist
laugh.gif

I spotted what I think is a new photo. I'm guessing samples but you never know.
http://www.ruvilla.com/main/future-releases/nike-trainer-sc-ii-whitelimegrey-black/
nike-trainer-sc-ii-white-lime-grey-black.jpg
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

To think we waited 22 years for that so so sad.  And your not the only one that has been called an elitist.  Its pretty absurd.  Most of the people calling elitist just don't have the same passion for this shoe seriously, because if they did theres NO WAY they could like these.  I really don't hate the black red trainer SC II, and I'm in no way against any new color ways, but theres just no way I could support this shoe with what their doing with the OG colorways.  And since I'm a broken record now, I'll just leave it at that.

I may get those  lime ones above and have some old lady at the senior center help me use some fabric dye on them. I'm thinking some solid royal blue colors with a bit of opacity should mix well with the lime green color for a turquoise. Then again the entire green shade is just that, green. So it's not exactly a lemony neon color. I'm better off building a shoe from scratch with some cowhide, thread, and a needle.

Now I'm a rational person. If Nike had just released something like:
a75256943766bc55c7bbe2e8d1df0d6f6b9ec75.jpg

I would okay, fine. I am getting 99.9% what an infrared would be, but with lime. I could live with lime. I see that Nike just wanted to change it up a bit. That would be understanding.. Colorblocking is an artform perfected by the original designers on those original models. Many LS colorways are truly nice. But it's truly all about the details... I would buy that pair in the photoshop above with the black sockliner and be happy as can be. It's the little differences that make all the difference in the world.

Even if they did something like:
eff1554e6ccfcab8fa9dbf676e54050448134a4.jpg

"We won't give you OG teal-limes, but in the same scheme of things, we have a orange/blue knicks inspired shoe. It's like the sc trainer lightnings from a decade back or the carolinas, or even your air trainer IIIs in the white.grey.reds// Classically inspired but done to where they would blend in with the OGs

It's really a slippery slope going beyond what the OG's were. You get something like that purple accented pair a page or two back. You start saying, "let me add a little bit of color here and here and itll be fine".

It almost seems like it's these retro designers saying, " I want to make my own stamp on these shoes". The stamps been made buddy. Stick to the program and the reason the shoe was even popular to begin with, those key colors in those key areas.

As it stands, they either have too much of one accent color, a few colorways that seem fine, but need a light gray to lighten up the cough (the fall team oranges ring a bell), or they were just butchered.

Tinker was the master chef and now you have all these people wanting to change the recipe. It called for 4 teaspoons of salt. Not 2 and a little of something else. Create that crap on your own time. Stick to the program folks

^^^1st PS with grey accent looks much better than those of what Nike is going to release. Hopefully the Green CW is much better than the Blk/Red CW in person.

^^^^ Not awful, but far from amazing... Given what we know is possible, they're just kind of underwhelming..  If its the best option available I probably cop, but I would pray, hope, beg, and plead, that some other colorway comes along that is actually INSPIRING and brings back the feeling even remotely of the OG version.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

^^^^ Not awful, but far from amazing... Given what we know is possible, they're just kind of underwhelming..  If its the best option available I probably cop, but I would pray, hope, beg, and plead, that some other colorway comes along that is actually INSPIRING and brings back the feeling even remotely of the OG version.
Kinda leaning towards that direction... 
ohwell.gif

This is sad.

I highly doubt they'll ever release the teal /limes if they're releasing those^^, too close(yet so far). Unless those sell well which I doubt...

I'm gonna move on from *****in' about the color placement and say "look at the toebox!" its freakin' terrible! its like almost completely square
indifferent.gif
   another reason not to buy these for me.

I can best sum it up in a picture. Less words from me, from here on out
bewerkt-horse-with-carrot3.jpg

And in the "torture thy self" segment of the day:
-With even better photos cropping up everyday, the photoshops get more real.
7d635b5d49ee6f39cc24ca96b96c9844c1dc923.jpg

f4a35ace4fc36c04cfa8c4e0bf59c91c90b15be.jpg

Only took a few minutes on these. Excuse some overall sloppiness.

Speaking of toeboxes. Look at the sc II low that I posted a page back or so.. Hard to describe. Just really angled and "slopey".

I agree the black/red ones were awful, but I actually like the citron ones. Although they are missing the teal, I am still going to be scooping these no doubt.

If they hit the outlets, I will definitely be doubling up.

Please save me from these hiddeous painted air units , why does Nike keep bringin it!??

i get a kick out of when everytime someone posts a set of pics,
Wally immediately photoshops them and corrects them

on what SoleAddict said - I agree with the train of thought...and I feel
the infrared or firecracker or whatever the red one is
has a better chance to release true to form (than the citron)
cause your right, this new citron is clos(er) to og than those wht/blk/red sample pics

but who knows - at this point i'm hoping for an 'aj6 infrared pack' type of move
by Nike on these if you follow - those baffoons

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

Please save me from these hiddeous painted air units , why does Nike keep bringin it!??

u talking about the colored air chambers? if you are omg this pisses me off to no end. they do this to the black/silver jordan v and it just sickens me.

and why do we get all the og colors for griffeys, pennys, and barkleys, foamposites, but not these??? !$+ nike? this is the first time this shoe gets retroed and they come out with no og colorways.... it dont make no sense...

Not a fan of the Citron's after those new pictures.

I never thought darker shades of grey would make that much difference, but I think it's sad that those are the closest thing we have to the OG lime/teal colourway.

Hate to say it, but I actually like the black/red ones more than those. In my opinion, they ruined a classic.

trainer.jpg

They need to fix the swoosh, the eyestay, the strap, the heel, and the parts of the outsole that are black to white.

My thought process (after knowing that almost every other genre is done perfectly RIGHT) has me believing Tinker pissed off someone at nike sportswear and that person is taking it out on Tinker's early cross trainers. There is no other way to look at it. V-series is done right. Pegasus 92s. Carnivores last year. I can probably list 25 others, yet the early trainers? Totally crapped on without a second look.

Maybe this is how Nike wants it. We'll get 9 rounds of mediocre releases and when that one pair that's
pimp.gif
finally releases, We will look at those and almost thank Nike. It's like getting beat up by the bully at school and thanking him. I think even if they get it right eventually, it's too late. It's like that friend at school who forgot your birthday and didn't call. But remembers later on.. It's too late. There is no turning back this moment, like my avatar states: RIP 4-7-11.

Looking at the sample on ebay, there is a production date on the samples... JULY 2010. They had months and months to fix this. The production date on the consumer pairs are probably right around December 2010. 5 months in Nike's hands before a finally decision could be made. And that decision sticks that entire time.

Speaking of the Infrared JB pack. I had an vision in my sleep of a teal/lime and infrared pack of these. Retail $250. High quality leather. Heel AND forefoot air... And a bonus. Four sets of different color removable straps (anyone who owns the black/reds, can we remove them?).
-Light grey
-Black
-Dark Grey
-White

Now that's thinking outside the box. I hate packs for the life of me, but if they could include some gimmick removable straps, I would be all over those. You had that BO/Albert P pack for the sc 2010 with great material quality. An OG colorway and OG model pack would be something else. Is that too forward thinking for Nike?

btw, eastbay recently unnmarked these as exclusive

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Sadly that is what I was thinking, and saying earlier.

But why are these shaped like that?

those samples are for sale right now at my local jimmy jazz haha. i almost bought today

I just don't understand why Nike couldn't give us OG colorways when they just put them on the Auto Trainers. That really is a slap in the face. Anybody think the citron pair can be dyed? Might get a pair when they go on sale and have my dude try it. If I just had to have a pair of these it would be the white/grey/black pair. Might be closer to the OG womens version but it'll do.

Ruvilla.com states that they will have the volts for sale within the next few weeks.
NDC has a FSR of the chlorine c/w right now, with the volt colorway "out of order" meaning they are expected any moment now to released on their website. I would give it 3 weeks.

Just as one colorway sits, they release MORE... More that will sit.. They did the same thing with the huarache trainer. The only colorway sold out is the black.greys, which were gone within 2 weeks. The black.grey.blues remain on there and the black.reds.. And now a white.black.fresh water c/w comes out to stack CRAP on top of CRAP... Dogs usually don't poop in the same spot when crap is already lying there. But Nike has no second thoughts of the stacking of crap.. Congratulations

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Originally Posted by AJ27526

those samples are for sale right now at my local jimmy jazz haha. i almost bought today

So the volt colorway is out now?
at that particular jimmy jazz anyway. They very often sell things early

Back
Top Bottom