FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by ptngina

So NDC is releasing the Black/Red CW in a few hours. Whos copping?

From the pictures, the CW looks nice. Hopefully they are nice in person. If not, will be returning them.
Until a legit pair of the infrared or Lime trainer ii's come out with the proper color placements I won't be buying any of these.

Eastbay pic makes them look better than I suspect they actually look.  If anyone has these in hand yet, is the red more of a varsity red or infa-red?  I really do want to just try them on and see how the feel, even if they are not keepers. Just for old times sake....eh

Every photo I have seen it looks to be a varsity red color. It doesnt even appear slightly leaning towards a infrared esque color at all. The '99 sc trainers were a bright red, but these look like any typical red shoe you see.
city soles photo:
9d1c5e2e15e6b26fca6f8ae9fd8335d1.image.750x562.jpg

Premiers:
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-black-varsity-red-443575-001.jpg

Japanese website:
img10033680085.jpeg

443575-001-03.jpg

With eastbay and NDC getting these and many other places, this is about as GR as you can get. This is what I dreamed about happening with the Infrareds and teal.limes.
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-tt-3.jpg

With spring time here, and white based shoes wanting to be worn, I can't help but think they seriously missed this shoes welcome party and calling. I'll never forgive you for this one Nike

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by ptngina

So NDC is releasing the Black/Red CW in a few hours. Whos copping?

From the pictures, the CW looks nice. Hopefully they are nice in person. If not, will be returning them.
Until a legit pair of the infrared or Lime trainer ii's come out with the proper color placements I won't be buying any of these.
QTF

Supposedly. The huarache trainer retros on NDC and the original catalog scan for the retro stated to have ZOOM air in the forefoot. Eastbayrep confirmed that they apparently do not.. So who knows what they have?

Anyone care to change avatars in a show of solidarity. I won't stand for this.
I made two different versions. The one to your left (right click save as) and this other one:
29b1zep.jpg
laugh.gif

RIP SC II 4/7/11

Saw these in the stores today. Easy pass because of the off shape.

Im liking these around fall 11 preferably the black/orange. wish it was infrared though

Style: 443575-104
Color: White/Neutral Grey-Black-Medium Grey

Style: 443575-003
Color: Black/Metallic Hematite-Black

Style: 443575-003
Color: Pure Platinum/Anthracite-Total Orange-Black
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-summary.jpg

nike-air-trainer-2-ii-retro.jpg

Not a fan of the colour blocking on the total orange pair. If they had the same colour blocking as the Infrared's and replaced the total orange with infrared, then I would get them. 
laugh.gif

Eventually Nike is going to have to release the originals. Its inevitable. They are giving to much attention to this shoe not retro the Infrareds or OG teal colorway. I think they are just getting money off all these other colorways first and then OG colorways should pop up 2012 or 2013. But they know what they are doing. I think they are building anticipation so by that time, everybody and their mama will know its a big deal when they finally release. Ima be patient I think the Infrareds are on the way in due time.

Originally Posted by dhtowng

Eventually Nike is going to have to release the originals. Its inevitable. They are giving to much attention to this shoe not retro the Infrareds or OG teal colorway. I think they are just getting money off all these other colorways first and then OG colorways should pop up 2012 or 2013. But they know what they are doing. I think they are building anticipation so by that time, everybody and their mama will know its a big deal when they finally release. Ima be patient I think the Infrareds are on the way in due time.

eventually? Eventually they will release a colorway "close enough" and then never look back, ala the 2010 white.black.varsity red sc trainer retro and the white/dark grey/navy blue sc trainer retro. Both of those obviously taking cues from the royal blue og and the infrared og.

To Nike:

This:
302346-100-2.jpg
and This
302346-108-2.jpg

Equals this and this..

1cc1524364c5ceb437d00c1917d4b17600e26ee.jpg
c9b25544236e0c57c23bfa64cd82e3d4305eec5.jpg

Life at Nike HQ must be a heavenly.

The same can be said with this trainer sc II
This :
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-retro-black-white-infrared-01.jpg

This:
nike-sc-trainer-sc-2-white-grey-blue.jpg

and this
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-2-retro-grey-white-green.jpg

Equals
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-tt-2.jpg

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii____.jpg

trainer.jpg

It would be counter intiative and everything Nike currently stands for to come back in 4-6 months or a year and get it right..

Btw, thats a real shot of the "chlorine" colorway set to release in a few months
nike-sc-trainer-sc-2-white-grey-blue.jpg

It looks like the tongue has the ability to get in between the ankle padding. Could the OGs perform this marvelous feat?

Style: 443575-104
Color: White/Neutral Grey-Black-Medium Grey

looks more like the og women's atscII than than the original men's version

og women's

og men's

is the tongue on the retro a rubbery texture or cushioned fabric?  For some reason I remember it feeling more rubbery/plastic than cushioned foam.  Perhaps I am thinking of a different model?

I don't get it at all Wally- really don't.  As for the guy's argument that said these colorways will drop first, then OGs later....Is the average shoe buyer gonna buy these up right away, wear 'em, and then go back for more a year or so later?  Wouldn't it make more sense to release the OG colorways that the true trainerheads love, and then let the average joe stumble on those only to find the demand increasing more than ever because new heads and old heads alike are onboard??  Maybe I am off , or maybe I have no clue.  Either way, this first CW we've got is a total mess.  I can't make a darn bit of sense out of that whatsoever.

Green rhino, The 2011s look more like the mens than anything else. They have atleast 5 comparable attributes.. Black sockliners- womens has a grey sockliner. The only thing the womens has that the mens doesnt is the black forefoot ripstop nylon fabric. The 2011s and the womens both are just white at the forefoot... Also notice the women's colorway has a much lower cut on the ankle padding. Plus the toebox is white on the womens. The 2011 and the mens has a light gray material around the toebox.

I stumbled upon this during a google search:

via: ruvilla.com http://www.ruvilla.com/ma...r-sc-ii-whitegreypurple/
nike-sc-trainer-sc-2.jpg

Apparently due to release in June. For me, I look at it and say.. yes....yes...yes.. white majority upper is good.. and then finally one big NO! This is the first time I have seen or even heard of this colorway with purple. Color placement is a science, and everyone at Nike is failing.

even if they put out the og cw, eventually, the materials are still gonna be garbage and make the shoe look cheap im afraid.

This is sad. Nike is absurd for this. @Wally I see what you are saying. Didnt know nike has already done this with other retros. Funny how they can re release stuff like Air Max infrared 90s in thier true form. Then turn around and cant release OG infrareds Bo trainers to save thier life.
30t6p3b.gif
Just dont understand the logic of it all. It will be messed if they simply move on as if they gave this shoe its just do.

Back
Top Bottom