FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

The fact that the dude has them on would indicate to me that they will drop in the next 3-6 months.  I can't imagine anytime after Xmas or even November for that matter.  Who knows what anyone is thinking with these retro releases lately.  How quickly did we know/hear about/ and have the Alpha Huarache launch?  That was pretty darn quick- maybe all within 2 months.  This could be the same type thing. Online, maybe USOpen realease only- NYC, blah blah blah.  I am merely speculating and throwing things out there.

here is a new update from sneaker news, BUT they are sayin that the ones bun b is wearin are the orange one's we orginally saw back when they announced these.

check it out http://sneakernews.com/20...big-k-r-i-t-video-shoot/

if so hopefully nike went back and swaped out all the dark grey hits (sockliner) for light grey, let us pray!
roll.gif

they are sayin they are these:  
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-retro-black-white-infrared-02.jpg

^doubt that article. take out the shadows and then compare that pic to the one from the wdyw pic from portland oregon

hmmm. I'm not saying they are misinformed but a lot of people have been assuming those were infrared from the very beginning. That photo above is showing the total orange fall 2011 pair:
http://sneakernews.com/20...igh-fall-2011-colorways/
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-2.jpg

Total orange looks totally different than what we see out of every other photo of these "infrared" shoes.

SO unless they changed the black toebox material and heel and lower sockliner to grey, and then decided to totally change up the color, I just don't believe that they would convert and transform this one colorway away from the catalog scans and samples.

It's funny though, the above link shows them calling that pair orange, as the style code suggests, yet 4 days later they are calling them infrared:
http://sneakernews.com/20...ii-white-black-infrared/
Nothing shocks me anymore so it's plausible they scrapped the total orange and black look and went straight OG. I just need a more consistent source stating that THOSE equal infrared when in fact 100% of what is seen is not showing that shoe at all. That "confirmation" does nothing for me. Maybe someone should ask what the style code is on Bun B's pair. That would clear up the total orange mess.

That's a summer colorway, hopefully they'll release the infrared in June or July.

Just got done trying these on at my local spot.

I must say, I was expecting the worst, and there were some negative aspects, but all in all, not terrible.

The toe box is a bit awkward.  Its stiff and kind of "off" but not a complete disaster like the Black/Reds.

The leather I think is actually better than the Bo Trainer SCs.  Its not nearly as "pre-creased" and "fake" like those were.

Quality wise as far as the white leather and the grey "nubuckish" portions, I think this is a vast improvement.  The paint on the NIKE AIR on back is awful.  Really looks like my 2 year old twins might have been put to work on that job.  The ankle collar is ok, not amazing, but better than I thought it would feel.   If there isn't any future word on the infareds releasing, then I probably will try and grab two of these on the "cheap".  Its a nice summer shoe, brings back great memories, and can't really fail with cargo shorts or summer shorts.  I won't be trading 'em in for any huarache alphas anytime soon, but they are decent.  On discount, I don't see why they shouldn't be had if you are a fan of the model.  Yes, even you Wally.  I know the teal is missing, but I can't say its a complete fail on Nike's part.
wink.gif

Just Tweeted Bun B and got a reply... It's looking good folks... get excited!!!!!

@BunBTrillOG Bun B
Yes..coming soon! RT @rchrstphr: @Bunbtrillog yo man, those infrared Trainers you were rocking.. Is Nike releasing those? Do you know?

http://twitter.com/#!/BunBTrillOG/status/67631562459594752

ANNNNNNNNNNNND, NOW... A PICTURE!!!

x2_5f9862c

^ Sweet... getting just a bit excited.

The thing is, the toebox grey bit appears to be some shiny "leather", but on the OG's it was nubuck. Hmmm. Still... c/w looks good.

At this point I can't nitpick too much... if we get that color, you won't here a peep from me...

Just praying for lime/teals now...

^
laugh.gif
Leave it up to you with the animated gifs.

But yeah, I'm a little mixed. I really would have wanted the nubuck... but really, if they released those as-is, it'd be hard to turn down.

The retros look like they're missing the patterned stripes (sorry, don't know what else to refer them as) on the side of the toe box.

I don't know if the grey should be a little lighter, because I've only seen pictures of OG's online. But the grey on them looks a little dark. I liked how the light shade of grey looked with white on the OG's.

It's funny how it goes from so many elements being off and widespread criticism to "well, they're better than nothing, might as well."

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

It's funny how it goes from so many elements being off and widespread criticism to "well, they're better than nothing, might as well."

The shoes pictured above are an entirely different makeup than what has been circulating/discussed for the past few months... there hasn't been any widespread criticism over this particular colorway yet. Are they 100% spot on with the OG? Probably not, but very little actually is. Are they ten fold better than the ridiculous tacky non-OG colors we've seen so far? Most definitely.

YES! finally , now for the Price and release date....

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

The retros look like they're missing the patterned stripes (sorry, don't know what else to refer them as) on the side of the toe box.

I don't know if the grey should be a little lighter, because I've only seen pictures of OG's online. But the grey on them looks a little dark. I liked how the light shade of grey looked with white on the OG's.

The stripes are there, it's just the angle and lighting.

Originally Posted by FreshKicks95

I'm liking those. Believe it or not, the ogs had smooth tumbled like leather not nubuck.

That's what I thought. Do you know what the other OG colorways have?

It's a weird set of circumstances. Nubuck may not be accurate on the citron or chlorine retro, but it seems like it would be better given the current state of leather quality. Yet Nike is going straight OG with all leather, and getting a bit of criticism. For many Nubuck is the only other somewhat acceptable option. You got some wanting OG all around and having mediocre leather while some want just want an acceptable feeling and looking shoe.

I can't say I blame either side.... For me, I think I would be okay with either. No complaints from me.

Anyone notice the box tag. Other retros read AIR TRAINER SC II... This one appears to have a 5th word.. Possibly 3/4? Maybe LTD?

Lastly, If this one was to replace the white/black/orange colorway, we may be in for a long summer. Those orange retros were scheduled for September 1st.

I'm liking those. Believe it or not, the ogs had smooth tumbled like leather not nubuck.
Ahhh... you're right.  My bad. 
embarassed.gif

I wasn't sure what it was called, but know for sure it's a matte/not-shiny type of material.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Ahhh... you're right.  My bad. 
embarassed.gif

I wasn't sure what it was called, but know for sure it's a matte/not-shiny type of material.
new Neon lemon- limes whatever the heck they are , are not shiny leather, but rather nubuckish.
26b362e04756c3f4deedf8cbb7c6acec0ec9f8ed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom