FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Wow Wally.. I was really expecting you to flip +*!$ over the Infrareds hahah.. you're right though, could be a very long summer.. If that's the case, I'll stash the bad boys away until 2012
happy.gif

Seeing that pic of the Citrons above after looking at the new Infrareds all day made me
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I hope these non-OG colors rot on the shelves so Nike can learn a lesson... so close, yet so far..

All of them were made of a soft buttery leather. I actually had an og DS pair last year but sold them because i was too tempted to wear them. The retro is ok but i still think nike could have done them justice and released the og lime/teal colorway.

Weatherman, i'll dance in the streets when I get a style code, release date, and release type. This is definitely a 3-4 pair minimum retirement type release. But now it still seems like a pipe dream.

Sinnerp, the old nike leather had almost no sheen to it. It was quite amazing. Now you got a shiny leather that throws off the whole look. Nubuck makes it look like the OGs. But actual materials, its the shiny leather that will do the trick. So they definitely catch themselves in more tight spots than ever before by their sheer lack of resourcefulness. They are always cutting corners and getting caught with catch-22 situations.

Magic1978, I think Fresh Like Will is talking about the black/white nylon webtec material. I think the citrons and the other current retros have a fake type of nylon stitched on, But all of the colorways tend to hide just how crappy it is, but making it blend in with the upper. So these likely have it too but its probably white

i'm gonna end up painting in the nylon strips on the toe and heel to make it look more accurate, that's one of the subtle things i love most about this design.

just got off phone rep with nike she said they might not be releasing this year, but nike could make some last minute changes. the total orange white and black is releasing september. About the infrareds she mentioned they might be quickstrike

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

just got off phone rep with nike she said they might not be releasing this year, but nike could make some last minute changes. the total orange white and black is releasing september. About the infrareds she mentioned they might be quickstrike

Wow. How devastating....I am at a complete loss here. Their behavior sickens me. I am beyond words.. They release mediocre LS crap without a second thought, yet here they are actually thinking things through.  QK release inevitably means higher price point, possibly higher resale, and almost no likeilhood of them going on discount. If I'm barely willing to pay $110 on these other retros, I won't be looking to spend anymore on a shoe of the same quality for a HIGHER price.
sick.gif

I hope they do come out and that it isn't stressful.

When people introduce that the Nike Air Trainer (chlor)
has been retro'd 5 times+ I shake my head because I haven't
seen em in stores for 10 years. Don't need a release like that
on this model.

This thread reminds me of when I first discovered NikeTalk in 2000.
Word.

Wow, they're goin to release the cw that everybody fiends after as a QS and the awful rest as gr's? Team Air Logic's doin business..

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Wow. How devastating....I am at a complete loss here. Their behavior sickens me. I am beyond words.. They release mediocre LS crap without a second thought, yet here they are actually thinking things through.  QK release inevitably means higher price point, possibly higher resale, and almost no likeilhood of them going on discount. If I'm barely willing to pay $110 on these other retros, I won't be looking to spend anymore on a shoe of the same quality for a HIGHER price.
sick.gif
I really hope that doesn't happen.  Nike's saying all this about doing retros for the fans and whatnot, then turns around and make it a QS, #$%*ing over the fans and benefiting the resellers.  I thought Nike was in the business of making money... QS would make no sense at all.  

Will you're comparing them to the OG, the stripes just aren't black

For example look at these. They aren't showing the stripes, but they do have stripes

443575102_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_21.jpg

Then these. You can see that they're grey and not black.

best-of-wdywt-4-26-5-2-07.jpg

Because the stripes aren't black they just don't show depending on camera and angle.

I see now. The one Infrared picture looks like they're gone entirely.

With how light they are, I don't understand why they would even have them. Like they're purposefully trying to downplay the design elements from the OG's.

Sneekaz, Thanks for taking the initiative and looking for answers. I'm scrambling here with various scenarios playing out in my head.

hmmm. CEMENT GREYS. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but maybe she is hinting at the og teal/limes being a QS too?

-These had CEMENT GREY in their colorway title. The only other one I believe was the white/grey womens . But as you can see below, for the retro they are named something else.

Because these Fall 2011 White,greys are officially titled: WHITE/NEUTRAL GREY/BLACK-MEDIUM GREY
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-11.jpg

I think she let the cat out of the bag on that one... Please NIKE, confirm this info. I want to get to dancing.

Think its safe to say from reading the transcript, that she was definitely alluding to a second QS.  Why a QS I have no clue.  Just turns dumb resellers and hypers onto the fact that these are actually amazing to some degree and to be revered by sneakerheads. 

If they dropped normally/under the radar, then all of us who actually care and want them to rock and get all nostalgic with could actually do it without any hassles.

I don't care how much they retail for within reason, i will grab 2 of each, but it just leads me to this.  I kinda want to beat them into the ground this summer.  May just be better off getting the current releases to do so and put the rest on hold for a few years.  As much as it shocks me to say this, the "softer" fabric on the lime/greys makes them somewhat more appealing knowing that we are likely to get the shinier/crappier leather on these QS versions.  The appearance certainly is better, but from a rock and wear standpoint, the softer fabric is nicer I think.

Back
Top Bottom