FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I broke down and pulled the trigger on these, will let you guys know my opinions on these once I get them. Zappos has a really good return policy so they could be going back...

Copped a pair earlier when I posted the link. Too bad its Saturday tommow 'cause its free overnight shipping. But figured it wont be delivered til Monday.

^thank you for the earlier post, let us know on these...
they look like they have the same leathers as the others so far
better colorway though

Wonder if sharpie will work on the stripes. Wonder how it would look with a sharpie..hahah

I wore mine yesterday, typical retro as far as comfort

Those white/grey look boring and plain. Only at the outlet.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by verse001

these look good on foot, imo
review here:  http://kickitfresh.blogsp...trainer-sc-2-citron.html

Just a heads up on your review, Bo didn't wear these during the early 90's they released in 1989 and after that it was on to the trainer sc iii, trainer max 91 etc.
I initially thought that too and although 1990 isn't really early 90s, some of the Bo signature shoes released in the same year, just different quarters. The og teal lime appeared to release first in 1989, and then early to mid 1990, the other colorways came out. Same thing with the SC III. Auburns and white/grey/black in 1990, then the royal blues and infrareds in 1991. Trainer max 91 released in both 1991 and early 1992.. Same thing happened if you go back in time to the first SC trainer. Med balls in 1988 and then the med. balls again in 1989 along with the indigo blue and regal blue.. The carryover was out of HAND (in a good way). Shoes and items were obviously being bought. There was no break in the action once they got started. 1987 to late 1991 was
eek.gif

One thing about this fake leather stuff. It never feels like I can break the shoe in. I have a 02 at1 that still doesnt feel quite soft enough. Other real leather shoes age
pimp.gif
. But some of these never seem to get that much softer. Does anyone feel that these will break away from that? Maybe the pleather is just a bit different and now ages well? One can hope

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by verse001

these look good on foot, imo
review here:  http://kickitfresh.blogsp...trainer-sc-2-citron.html

Just a heads up on your review, Bo didn't wear these during the early 90's they released in 1989 and after that it was on to the trainer sc iii, trainer max 91 etc.
I initially thought that too and although 1990 isn't really early 90s, some of the Bo signature shoes released in the same year, just different quarters. The og teal lime appeared to release first in 1989, and then early to mid 1990, the other colorways came out. Same thing with the SC III. Auburns and white/grey/black in 1990, then the royal blues and infrareds in 1991. Trainer max 91 released in both 1991 and early 1992.. Same thing happened if you go back in time to the first SC trainer. Med balls in 1988 and then the med. balls again in 1989 along with the indigo blue and regal blue.. The carryover was out of HAND (in a good way). Shoes and items were obviously being bought. There was no break in the action once they got started. 1987 to late 1991 was
eek.gif

One thing about this fake leather stuff. It never feels like I can break the shoe in. I have a 02 at1 that still doesnt feel quite soft enough. Other real leather shoes age
pimp.gif
. But some of these never seem to get that much softer. Does anyone feel that these will break away from that? Maybe the pleather is just a bit different and now ages well? One can hope
Yea I know the same thing with tech challenge II 3/4, I owned them in late summer/fall of 1989 the clay tart color way but they released in 1990.  

Added late 80s to the review. I didn't have these then so I had to research a bit. My sources turned up circa 91 for these but im sure you're right

To the guys who already have a pair of these, how do they fit? I always wear a 9.5 in Jordans, but wear a 10 in air max and running shoes. Would you say these are closer to Jordan sizing or air max? Thanks

Originally Posted by XIVpositive

To the guys who already have a pair of these, how do they fit? I always wear a 9.5 in Jordans, but wear a 10 in air max and running shoes. Would you say these are closer to Jordan sizing or air max? Thanks

To me, its closer to air max 'cause I can wear 8.5-9 on Jordans depending on which Jordan it is.   

Just received mine today from Zappos. They're going right back. I was hoping the material quality would be better, but its that exact same super stiff, fake leather that was used on the white/varsity red/blk SC Trainer I got last year.
Like Wally mentioned, the material never breaks in very well and the comfort level isn't on par with real leather that flexes better. For $110 you'd expect real leather. For those of you considering this colorway, I'd wait til they are
heavily discounted.

What gets me also is that Zappos lists the material as "Full-grain, perforated leather upper for a premium fit, breathability and feel" which is total bs. I think I'm done with this shoe. Such a disappointment because they look good, but I just can't wear them comfortably....

excuse  the crappy iPhone pic

Thx for the info Sole..the infrareds probably goin to have the same pleather..i give up on this shoe.

Seriously, if this is the stuff Nike is passing off as "leather" from here on out on their retros then I'm totally done with them. I remember they used to use this stuff on $40 Nikes you found at Target.
sick.gif
Their cost cutting measures have gone way too far. Thank god adidas is still concerned with quality....

From Zappos.com
Materials is similiar to the white/neon green and white/purple SCII's. I'll be keeping these. Close to OG CW, can't have em both, quality and OGness..haha..
As far as comfort wise,this is my 3rd pair, so far they are fine. Cushioning is good. Leather don't hurt my feet. I can wear these the whole day without a problem.

Got these a while back.

It's a sad sad day. I'm beginning to think history may repeat itself for me. I spend years looking for a 98 auburn sc high and just give in to the fact of that not happening. Then I buy up 3 auburn 2009s.... eventually I get my money back on two of them and one sits in a closest not wanting to really be worn after just 10-15 wears. I'd rather wear a yellowed busted up worn in beater than something like that.. I can't get away with that mindset. Uhh..

Thanks for the insights SoleAddict34... What would you place these at, price wise? Are their true value more along the lines of $30-50??

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Seriously, if this is the stuff Nike is passing off as "leather" from here on out on their retros then I'm totally done with them. I remember they used to use this stuff on $40 Nikes you found at Target.
sick.gif
Their cost cutting measures have gone way too far. Thank god adidas is still concerned with quality....
This reminds me of my trips to Nike Outlets. It reminds me of walking through the Walmart shoe aisle or Payless Shoe Source. The line has really been muddied between true high quality and then everyone else. Nike is truly living off of their namesake with very little effort. I always challenge myself when I go to the outlets to find a high quality leather Nike product. Usually 1 out of maybe 15 models has a decent quality. It's a rare sighting.. If it wasnt for the Swoosh, history and just overall culutural penetration Nike has over people, the factory outlets could be mistaken for a Payless shoe source store.. Take off your blinders and these places become a laughing stock.. I still go there for the shoes that are a rare exception. Not often will you find something of value there but when you do, its worth it.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

I feel you Wally. Guess I'm old, but this colorway does it for me. Just looks good with everything....

Before I really got into having various models and colors, I used to be a one shoe wearer at a time. More often than not it was the white based shoe with grey or black that was picked up. Converse, Adidas, Fila. It didnt matter. I needed a shoe that went with everything because that was all I would have.. This latest OG c/w soooo fits that model I used to go but, yet here I am second guessing myself/ Nike needs to make the decisions easier for me. The instant pickups without any second guessing.. I miss those days

Thanks for the pics SA34, and Ptngina.

I would say the "finish" and cleanliness looks better on the new pairs from Zappos. I still probably put a a cap on those personally @ about 60-70 bucks shipped.  Those have me probably passing on citrons now and hoping with the infareds, that they paid even better attn. to paint and such which obviously they missed on citrons.  Sheez, at this point, most of us in here would probably pay an extra 20-30 bucks for a premium version with a little better leather and attn. to details.(webtec)

If Citron and Infrared are same quality as these CW released so far, are you guys copping?

Wow, kinda disappointed to hear about the quality of the joints on Zappos. That said, I can't say that I'm really surprised at this point in the game. Nike has been doing this for a long time now, so nothing new here. Sucks, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

And for the record, these probably are real leather....PIG leather. Seems Nike has been using it on most retros for a loooong time now, as I'm sure the cost is much less than cow hide.

Back
Top Bottom