FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

c'mon NIKE. every response in here I am thinking it's new info on the release of the infrared. I check back here three times a day. And my luck, the one day I don't check is the day the shoe comes out and I miss out on it.

last effort for now. think this dude is frontin not that it is wrong for him or nike but i think he dont wanna be fired

These are terrible in person... They had them at DTLR they'll definitely hit the Outlets soon near you
wink.gif

I' m thinking about grabbing the white citrons does anybody know the og color of upper collar and the closet thing to it in angelus paint..I want to do this properly

Crazy.. Days are too nice where I'm at NOT to be wearing these. I could be hit by a bus tomorrow and never get that chance... Ridiculous.

rant begin

Many old school trainers have such a simple classic vibe that it almost goes against the norm of what Nike typically produces, and you got people stopping you in the street asking you what that white.grey.monochromatic Nike is that you're wearing... That's the side Nike needs to hear about. The market for classic trainers is there.

One of the best retros in the past 10 years, for me, was the air trainer 1 low white.grey original colorway. It featured a midsole that didnt chip and a toebox upper that wouldn't flex in a weird spot. Two downfalls to the AT1 model still to this day.. Yet there was barely a whisper when they released. I dont even think they went to many stores.. One of your best highly craft products and they dont know what to do with it (FTs as well). You need to market it the right way (release dates do matter with these fringe products) and make quality a top priority. They've been so wild and crazy for years now that when people see something so basic, they are taken back. Both the SC II and SC III kind of merge wild and crazy with classic, as the all white/grey/black palettes had color throw into the mix. It's the perfect bridge for those that think at1s or atIIIs are too plain (or any other trainer of that era that hasnt been produced). These have "flashy" without trying written all over them.

Yet, if its not one problem, its another. AT1 lows were great quality but flopped at retail (Nike would claim consumers weren't ready, but did they really market it the right way? Just look at the tr1 and tr1.2 "REBIRTH" marketing campaigns. Im sure in just a month from now, they will go into high gear about the tr1.3. Now those aren't retro products but the same can be said here. If it's not a bad quality original color with a terrible release date, it's close enough colorways with the right release date. We're not asking much. Just the same amount of respect you show Griffeys and many other retros. I dont think theres ever been a smooth trainer original colorway retro general release. It's always something.

/end rant

Btw that guy at NDC mentions only seeing release thru to June but he knows about 10 colorways for the GR model #.. Those releases span to the end of this year..

And to the guy talking about outlets. I dont even know if Outlets want these. They are straight sitting at Eastbay. Still no colorways sold out.

Instead of paint I would maybe try some fabric dye.. Just watch for bleeding on the upper sockliner

Yeah, Wally, Nike has become such a enormous company that I think its no longer run by sneaker lovers. Just a bunch of salemen with no real appreciation of the history of the brand. Once in a while they'll throw us a bone hoping it'll sate us for a while, and sadly we always come back....

Finally got to see the black/red colorway in person, man, they feel super cheap! Some of the worst material quality I've ever seen.

Searching for an available agent
You have been re-queued.
You have left the queue. If you still need assistance please try back later.
You have left the queue. We hope you have found what you were looking for.
There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.
There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.
You have been removed from the queue. Please contact us by email.
You are currently number 1 in the queue. We apologize for the delay. We will assign you to an agent as soon as one is available.The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 00:30.
Ms Dusti (Listening)
Ms Dusti: Hi, my name is Ms Dusti. How may I help you?
snekaz nt: hi dusti
snekaz nt: I have a question on a future nike release
snekaz nt: Its the Nike Air Trainer SC II and the colorway is white/infrared
snekaz nt: Can you give me info on the release date please?
Ms Dusti: I will be glad to look into that for you!
Ms Dusti: I have check my resources and do not see that color way listed for that shoe.
snekaz nt: ok because maybe this product is a quickstrike possibly or is it limited?
Ms Dusti: No, it would still be listed, I do not see that we have any plans to release that shoe in that color way.
snekaz nt: Here are two pictures of what it looks like, a rapper named Bun B seemed to have gotten a direct pair from nike
File attachment upload has started.
The file best-of-wdywt-4-26-5-2-07.jpg (79.67KB) was received.
File attachment upload has started.
The file x2_5f9862c.jpg (77.93KB) was received.
Ms Dusti: That will unfortunately be an exclusive item that will not be release to the public.
snekaz nt: really? I heard that there would be 10 colorways releasing?
Ms Dusti: Yes, I shoe 10 different color ways but that is just not one of them.
snekaz nt: Could you tell me the style codes for all 10?
Ms Dusti: BLACK/BLACK-VARSITY RED, BLACK/BLACK-MTLC HEMATITE, PR PLTNM/BLK-ANTHRCT-TTL ORNG, MTLC DARK GREY/BLACK-ANTHRCT, BLACK/ANTHRACITE-BLACK, WHITE/DARK GREY-CHLORINE BLUE, WHITE/CLUB PURPLE-MEDIUM GREY, WHITE/DARK GREY-NEUTRAL GREY, WHITE/MEDIUM GREY-NTRL GRY-BLK, and DEEP BURGUNDY/BLACK-DP BRGNDY
snekaz nt: ok thanks for that info dusti, and one last question do you know if there will be future releases for the white/infrared colorway in 2012?
Ms Dusti: I unfortunately do not.
snekaz nt: alright thanks for the info goodbye dusti
Ms Dusti: Are you satisfied with the service I’ve provided today?
snekaz nt: yes
Ms Dusti: Great! Thanks for contacting Nike and enjoy your week!

You have disconnected.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Ms Dusti: That will unfortunately be an exclusive item that will not be release to the public.

I sat in my chair for a solid two minutes with my mouth wide open in complete shock not knowing what to do with myself. Then it turned to anger.
1673521b4df2621dc233c1e4b765bbc71e08822_r.gif

Btw, glad you got the list of the ten:
I reorganized them by release

BLACK/BLACK-VARSITY RED SUMMER '11
WHITE/DARK GREY-CHLORINE BLUE  SUMMER '11
WHITE/DARK GREY-NEUTRAL GREY (CITRON is the last color in this colorway) SUMMER '11
------------------
WHITE/MEDIUM GREY-NTRL GRY-BLK (OG COLORWAY) FALL '11 JULY
BLACK/BLACK-MTLC HEMATITE FALL '11 AUGUST
PR PLTNM/BLK-ANTHRCT-TTL ORNG (many confuse this one as the infrared with black toebox) FALL '11 SEPTEMBER
------------------
MTLC DARK GREY/BLACK-ANTHRCT, WINTER '11 OCTOBER
 DEEP BURGUNDY/BLACK-DP BRGNDY WINTER '11 NOVEMBER
BLACK/ANTHRACITE-BLACK WINTER '11 DECEMBER

Questionable release date
WHITE/CLUB PURPLE-MEDIUM GREY
Ruvilla.com had photos of this one. Its basically the same as the July og colorway but with purple in a few spots.

When its all said and done, there will be three totally black or dark grey based colorways released in a 5 month span. What are these fools thinking?

i dont believe dusti, i gurentee that infrared colorway comes out. she is keepin it quite!!!!

Yeah, I have a feeling Nike didn't hook Bun up with those just for kicks (no pun)...

Remember he had the Space Jams way early, he was spotted rocking them that whole summer.. It great free promo, not that that specific shoe needed it..

I guarantee they put those put there for a reason. Someone, somewhere realizes the desire for OG colors, even if it is only one for now.

People keep mentioning the JB Infrared 6 Pack, one thing I remember about that was there was mass speculation and doubt.. Up until a month or 2 before they dropped, there weren't even real pics. Now, consider the fact that this Trainer, despite being very sought after by us and other purists, does not come close to matching the hype around that particular pack. May explain the lack of solid info, just not enough people willing to dig deep enough. That Infrared Pack was literally on everyone's radar.

Peace to everyone in this thread that has been digging and waiting.. I have a feeling we'll know soon..

Nike customer service responses never add up. They lie or guess
and then have the gall to ask if the service was satisfactory.

Unless she had pics of all 10 colorways in front of her at once,
there's no ways she would be able to tell that the bun b pair
wasn't one of them...

Originally Posted by green rhino123

wasn't one of them...
Agreed 100 %.  They either know nothing or go way out on a limb, and say something like, "unfortunately that colorway won't be released to the general public".  REALLY?  You better be dam n sure about that and have those words explicitly in front of you (which I guarantee she didn't) to say something like that.   It would be pretty near pointless and irresponsible of NIKE to give this BUN fella these kicks unless they had a pretty good inkling that they would release at some point.  I am still not so sure they won't do something uber dumb like they did with the trainer 1 legacy pack (still chapped about that), but I am probably 80/20 that these drop in some fashion between now and year's end.  Doesn't mean we will all be happy about it.  In fact, I am sure there will be some unhappy trainerheads in here, but I think we will see something.  Big question for me is, how will they still manage it "stick it to us" or really make us pay out the wazzu to get 'em.  Hmmm..... TBD

I think have a way that satisfies both parties: I think what nike should do is release the og colorway/style of a shoe and then a moth later(or whatever timely manner they deem fit) release the crazy colorway/style of a shoe but they HAVE TO release the og style first. That way we get or og whatever and nike gets destroy og whatever. Does this make sense to anyone?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by green rhino123

wasn't one of them...
Agreed 100 %.  They either know nothing or go way out on a limb, and say something like, "unfortunately that colorway won't be released to the general public".  REALLY?  You better be dam n sure about that and have those words explicitly in front of you (which I guarantee she didn't) to say something like that.   It would be pretty near pointless and irresponsible of NIKE to give this BUN fella these kicks unless they had a pretty good inkling that they would release at some point.  I am still not so sure they won't do something uber dumb like they did with the trainer 1 legacy pack (still chapped about that), but I am probably 80/20 that these drop in some fashion between now and year's end.  Doesn't mean we will all be happy about it.  In fact, I am sure there will be some unhappy trainerheads in here, but I think we will see something.  Big question for me is, how will they still manage it "stick it to us" or really make us pay out the wazzu to get 'em.  Hmmm..... TBD

cosign what i think is like there are pe for athletes there are certain celeb edition for celebrities.

however maybe its division changes, maybe its the "younger" people working and making the colorway decisions based upon "trends", maybe its the cost cutting moves, maybe this model is not getting the recognition it deserves, or simply maybe nike decides not to give a
They let Bo and us down Nike let Bo takeover that department cuz Bo knows

bo-jackson-a-k-a-bo-knows-discusses-the-trainer-sc-2010-1.jpg

I feel a little lack of respect for that "Ms Dusti".
She's giving the information she has.
What else do you guys expect?

The only problem here is Nike. Nike's quality and Nike retros policy.
As customers, the only thing we can do is ask what we want and buy (or don't) what we want (or don't want).
We all want "that" CW, but no one forces us to buy "that" quality, for "that" price...

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

I feel a little lack of respect for that "Ms Dusti".
She's giving the information she has.
What else do you guys expect?

The only problem here is Nike. Nike's quality and Nike retros policy.
As customers, the only thing we can do is ask what we want and buy (or don't) what we want (or don't want).
We all want "that" CW, but no one forces us to buy "that" quality, for "that" price...
I would rather she just say she doesn't "know exactly whats up with that colorway" instead of putting absolutes on it, because it seems pretty darn pointless of Nike to make that colorway for a select few like BUN B, and tell the rest of us to suck on the lame crap that they are feeding us otherwise- not 1, not 2, not 3, not 5 but 10 CWs other than this one and that's supposed to be good.  8/10 if not 9/10 will end up @ outlets in some varying way, shape, form, and the 1-3 CWs that we would actually buy 2x3x4x of, don't release at all??  I don't disrespect "Ms. Dusti" at all, but I think Nike CS owes it to their customers to either equip their CS Reps with the CORRECT info and Complete info, or don't even bother with the process.  The fact that you can call 5 different reps and get essentially 5 diff. stories or variations of the same story is a problem- POINT BLANK.  This doesnt just happen with retro releases either.  When the Grinch Kobe 6 dropped, the amount of careless and or incorrect info regarding release time/ retail stores with stock, and re-stocks was ridiculous.  Off the subject, but just part of the fuel added to my personal fire and gripe with NIKE CS.  AND YES, I have voiced my concerns/gripes numerous times  both online and over the telephone.  Not that its worth a D A m m
devil.gif

Here's some speculation. The alpha huarache trainer that released during superbowl sunday Feb. 5th was spotted at a Nike football summit around December 15th http://sneakernews.com/20...g-football-2011-preview/
No release info or anything else noted at that time. It was a true unknown. Then a sample is found on ebay, and soon a release, albeit limited. Odd sizes like a 10.5 aren't a typical sample size, right? Much like the 12 or 12.5 alpha trainer that ended up being a promo sample, and eventual release.

I'm trying to think of events that are near us when this release seems plausible. The Superbowl was perfect timing for the alpha release. For the past two Junes Nike has had a Nike training event to showcase their latest products. Two years ago, we had that ugly legacy pack. Maybe this is a pack shoe with a tr 1.3 infrared color? At this time, I would rather have wild speculation than become worried nothing is coming out.

Back
Top Bottom