FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Took some pictures indoors with white lighting.

Indoor picture with yellow lighting.

Both CW production date was 3/9/2011

Originally Posted by jonnydpgc

Just got mine today in the mail and I compared them to orange/blue sc trainers and can see a difference in leather. The 2s have more of a subtle look of tumbled leather compared to the 1s. It does look alot better and will look nicer when creased (not that I care) but idk if its just me I'm thinking just because it's different it dosnt necessarily mean it us better quality overall.Don't get me wrong I am totally satisfied

To me, the leather on these QS are softer and nicer compared to the GR version. Thats just me. Some may like the harder leather.

Top notch shots as always. Can you guys put to rest the obsidian navy color involvement on the infrared pair.. I mentioned a couple pages back that the OGs may have been 90%black and 10% dark navy.. Do yall see any indication of a visible navy color when holding the pair in any sort of lighting?... Excuse these filler questions for the next week or so. I gotta keep myself entertained.

Leather is quite the entertaining topic of conversation for me. But that may to have wait for another day. What's interesting to me personally is that they started off with the worst in the auburns two years back, and followed it up with other white leather shoes of better and better quality and finishing touches.. Then this summer with the SC high lightning, who many people said was the best they had seen in almost a decade from Nike. Could anyone compare between those and these QSs.

sick.gif

premium

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Excuse these filler questions for the next week or so. I gotta keep myself entertained.
I guess I should just stay clear from all of this... holding-pattern. Heh

The Citrons look 'closest to og' in color & down to the webtech and are my favorites.
The first colorway i remember seeing in 1989 and by default the first one of the model
that i wasn't able to have.

Will have to judge the color of the infrareds in person, but from the pics, they still look
a shade inbetween the og high & the og low to me. But in this case, even if so, it doesn't
detract from the shoe or somehow from the connection to the original. They look like fire.

I'm definately gonna compare da leathers to all my 2000/2001 trainer retros & the 2009s.

Dammit.... just when I thought i was done. I figured just the Pine green foam pros and I was done coppin for the rest of the year.... maybe the Concords if I could easily grab a pair, but THIS.... c'mon man, and they improved the quality of the leather... gotta grab both of these.

the worst nike material is used on gr air force 1's. it's hard, shiny and plasticky and what denver refers to as "rat leather". the material on these is not that same leather. it's more pliable and supple. 

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

the worst nike material is used on gr air force 1's. it's hard, shiny and plasticky and what denver refers to as "rat leather". the material on these is not that same leather. it's more pliable and supple. 

Its the same material they use on the bottom of the barrel nike shoes that are at places like Kohls, JC Penney, Montgomery Wards, and Sears.  Its not even pleather, its like rubber or something.  Pretty sad for a shoe that cost 100 bucks.

Just dropped by my spot and got some NTers thier size. They still have a bunch of sizes cause they got their shipment yesterday and not that many people are into trainers around here. 

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Mayhemgatz wrote:

laugh.gif
Not so funny when you haven't gotten your pair yet!  
frown.gif

laugh.gif
i'm sure you'll be well taken cared of....but if i'm wrong, lmk and i'll help you out anyway i can
smokin.gif

Thanks dude, I appreciate the offer.  I'm workin' on it, but until you have the kicks right in front of you, nothing is for certain.  The waiting's got me on the edge... haha. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Its the same material they use on the bottom of the barrel nike shoes that are at places like Kohls, JC Penney, Montgomery Wards, and Sears.  Its not even pleather, its like rubber or something.  Pretty sad for a shoe that cost 100 bucks.
that's the same stuff they're using on the GRs versions of the SC IIs

To those I am helping out, the shop just got their shipment today and I am heading over in about an hour to pick them up. Just putting this here to avoid having to send individual pms , if this isn't allowed please delete.

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

To those I am helping out, the shop just got their shipment today and I am heading over in about an hour to pick them up. Just putting this here to avoid having to send individual pms , if this isn't allowed please delete.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

lol
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom