FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

In my opinion, infareds look a little better than the teal/citron, but they are both pretty solid.  While not OG in their truest form, these do seem better quality than the Auburn Bos from a few years back and medicine balls from 09.  They aren't "plush" per se, but they are not "plasticky" if that makes sense.  Given what we could have gotten, I am relatively pleased-  If they were perfect it would be difficult to even fathom wearing them a lot- this way, they look good, they seem to feel decent, and they will be rocked- I will most likely put a pair or two in the closet for next year, year after, etc... I won't be mowing lawn in them, which is probably where the Auburn Bos are headed. Hopefully that helps.  Good luck to everyone- I think if you do your homework, you should be able to grab at least one pair.

Just saw the citrons in person. The leather on the QS are WAY better than the general releases that have been dropping lately...

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

^^^ post pics!!
working on it- my twin 3year old sons, however, have other ideas..
mad.gif
give me a few minutes and we should be good- was thinking about trying to do a short video but I don't have the first clue. damn Yuku making it difficult for me even with pics- not sure whats up

rocketsfan, "Way better" you say? Worthy of dropping a stock load of 00 at1 chlorophylls or 04 zoom trainer 1 mean greens?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

rocketsfan, "Way better" you say? Worthy of dropping a stock load of 00 at1 chlorophylls or 04 zoom trainer 1 mean greens?
don't do that bro
laugh.gif

Mercer playing their usual games..."we're not sure when they will release"
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

and NTNY knows nothing...as usual
laugh.gif

i take family to beach...come home and sneakerhead is sold out of infrareds!!!!!!! i did buy the last sz 11 citrons but i wear sz 11 so ill see if they fit!! the only 3 hrs i dont check the thread i miss out

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Hahaha too drastic...although I would like to take a pair of those AT1 chlorophylls off your hands haha...

But yes, the leather is much better than the GR SC IIs.  Less synthetic and tough, not smooth and plastic looking.  Same retail price too.

Is it just me or the grey toebox look like it's too shiny? Didn't the OG's use a sort of ashy-material?

Just got them from district. Several quick shots via iphone camera. Took 2 pix each. One in sunlight and one not just to show difference on the infrared and citron.

I'll do a better comparisson between these and GR once I get home.

Leather quality does look better than the black pair that I got from Zappos. (not that it even matters to me, I want these regardless!)

Man, I've been following this thread since the beginning, waiting to see if the Citron/Teal would drop. I gave up hope, used discount/coupon/GC/$20 to grab the GR, and now I see these QS popping up? Not to mention that I'm a teacher, so while I could have gone many places to try and grab them over the summer, now my schedule is jammed up when they release?

Something tells me I'm losing out on this one...

But best of luck to all of you that want pairs to rock - I hope you all get `em. No bitterness on my end.

^^remember, these don't officially drop til 9/2 so they may be more readily available. Just some shops selling early...

Thanks for the pics ptngina, just from those I can easily tell the quality is much better than the GRs

Whats up with the creasing above the swoosh? It has the look of the old school leather that comes a bit distressed. Is Nike mimicking the texture or actually getting it right? Ptngina, I know you own a few of the GRs. maybe it's PM worthy if others don't care for this stickler non sense, but I really gotta know if leather is really better, or if the placebo effect is somehow in effect..

It doesnt make sense to me from a Nike business perspective.. Order 1,200 to be made with a material that may eventually have the shoe cost $26.00 to be made.. Then sold to retailer for $58, then try to sell them at $110 MSRP..... Vs. an Order of 20,000 shoes that have lesser materials, coming in at a cost of $25.00 per shoe. We all know the more they can push out in an assembly line, the cheaper it is for them.. So for these to be not only limited, but have slightly better materials, and still the same MSRP.... Why Nike? You are getting into nobodies good graces by thinking you are doing us a favor. Even when I get them, and wear them daily for months on end, I'll still feel bitter that 10 other guys I know missed out and I'm having all this fun alone. I'll probably make a post when my pair eventually arrives. but I just want to say it'll be bittersweet.

Someone throw them on their feet and do a "foot flex" crease test. I can usually tell right off the bat without even touching them what we are dealing with here.

Not particularly shiny on either pair-  Infareds grey in toebox is defnitely "ashier".  When I examine the leather on the toebox of both the Auburn Bos and these new SC2s, the biggest difference is that there is no texturization on the new ones, which exists on the Auburn Bos that stunk.  That is part of what gave them that shiny quality which is far less existent on these.  There is also sort of a slow crease or plush crease upon touching certain areas that you would never have with the Auburns.  Does that make these 90s quality?  I doubt it Wally, but they are better in many regards than a lot of what we've come to expect from these kinds of releases.  The grey swooshes on each is almost distressed a la the banned 1s from a few months back.  The paint is done better for the most part than many of the GRs I saw pics of or in person early on.  I would say a majority of you will be happy or more than happy with these once they arrive.  I can't wait to rock them!

I'm happy for all of you guys that got your pairs already (Also so jealous that it is unbelievable, lol). These are supposed to officially drop on my birthday 9/2 so I hope I will be able to secure a pair of each. Any NikeTalkers in South Florida that know of any local retailers that will be getting these please pm me if you would be so kind. Thanks in advance. Good luck guys.

Just heard from sneakerhead that my infrared order didn't process correctly or some bs and that my pair is backordered (which basically means cancelled). So I'm still on the hunt for these. If anybody has any info on a size 10, please PM me. 

Back
Top Bottom