First impressions of New York City...

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Dip

It's funny. Tourists tend to go places that most NY'ers don't.

That's why they're called tourist spots?
on occasion i like to take day trips to tourist spots and act like a tourist. It really does feel like a mini vacation if you really try to be into it.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Dip

It's funny. Tourists tend to go places that most NY'ers don't.

That's why they're called tourist spots?
on occasion i like to take day trips to tourist spots and act like a tourist. It really does feel like a mini vacation if you really try to be into it.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

i have lived here my whole life and haven't taken advantage of anything the city offers
smh.gif
That's another thing I noticed. A lot of residents who stay outside of Manhattan really take the city for granted.

Their lack of knowledge about the city was mind blowing.
You could honestly put that for just about every big city.

Originally Posted by MBen32

i have lived here my whole life and haven't taken advantage of anything the city offers
smh.gif
That's another thing I noticed. A lot of residents who stay outside of Manhattan really take the city for granted.

Their lack of knowledge about the city was mind blowing.
You could honestly put that for just about every big city.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

the women in manhattan are something else.

cali girls what???

I been to both places. but the sheer amount of goodness in just a small amount of space is mind blowing. Out in CA, you would be out on a safari hunt looking for stuff.. in NYC, it's like you are at the zoo
this.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

the women in manhattan are something else.

cali girls what???

I been to both places. but the sheer amount of goodness in just a small amount of space is mind blowing. Out in CA, you would be out on a safari hunt looking for stuff.. in NYC, it's like you are at the zoo
this.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

generous to place NYC third among the cities you named?  get outta here...ive been to two of those cities, neither of which is more impressive/has the energy that NYC has (although this is subjective, it is widely accepted that NYC is among the top five cities in the world in most lists ive seen/people ive talked to)

and get off your high horse...id bet ive traveled to several more places than you...and NYC is still on top

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

generous to place NYC third among the cities you named?  get outta here...ive been to two of those cities, neither of which is more impressive/has the energy that NYC has (although this is subjective, it is widely accepted that NYC is among the top five cities in the world in most lists ive seen/people ive talked to)

and get off your high horse...id bet ive traveled to several more places than you...and NYC is still on top

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Texas > Cali > NY > Ohio.

I'll take being the 4th best state in the US out of 50 for now.
eyes.gif

I want to visit NYC one day. Seems like a cool place. Bring some ideas back home or something. What sucks about Ohio though, we're supposed to be more modern then we are now. We're supposed to have BEEN had a subway system, rail system among other things. We're starting to turn it around and get back on serious track though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Texas > Cali > NY > Ohio.

I'll take being the 4th best state in the US out of 50 for now.
eyes.gif

I want to visit NYC one day. Seems like a cool place. Bring some ideas back home or something. What sucks about Ohio though, we're supposed to be more modern then we are now. We're supposed to have BEEN had a subway system, rail system among other things. We're starting to turn it around and get back on serious track though.
pimp.gif

smh.gif

Word.  I wouldn't say anything, but yeah.  It's even sadder when I think of some of my boys who not only don't leave the hood, but don't leave their block.  So much out there and yet the tourists taking more advantage of our city than we are SMGDH. 

smh.gif

Word.  I wouldn't say anything, but yeah.  It's even sadder when I think of some of my boys who not only don't leave the hood, but don't leave their block.  So much out there and yet the tourists taking more advantage of our city than we are SMGDH. 

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

I was about to post a reply but then I realized why would I waste my breath discussing worldly culture with someone that has a Diplomats avy and that has no idea about the proper usage of periods, apostrophes, or capitalization? Keep this moving folks, nothing important to be seen here.

Back
Top Bottom