First impressions of New York City...

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

generous to place NYC third among the cities you named?  get outta here...ive been to two of those cities, neither of which is more impressive/has the energy that NYC has (although this is subjective, it is widely accepted that NYC is among the top five cities in the world in most lists ive seen/people ive talked to)

and get off your high horse...id bet ive traveled to several more places than you...and NYC is still on top
I was about to post a reply but then I realized why would I waste my breath discussing worldly culture with someone that has a Diplomats avy and that has no idea about the proper usage of periods, apostrophes, or capitalization? Keep this moving folks, nothing important to be seen here.

Ehh manhattan is piff, the rest of ny was kind of underwhelming when I went. I'm inclined to say La the best city in the world imo.

Ehh manhattan is piff, the rest of ny was kind of underwhelming when I went. I'm inclined to say La the best city in the world imo.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

but that does make nyc the most POPULAR city in the world. if people around the world wears Yankee hats and I heart ny shirts etc.. man even the empire state building and statue of liberty are one of the most popular landmarks around the world. so it may not be the best place to live but it is definitely the most popular city in the world. and I'm glad I live in this city where bodegas are just a block away and train station 2 blocks from me. everything local and beautiful city of bricks.

Best city in the world? I take it you've never visited cities like Rome, Prague, Moscow, London, or Paris. You have to be very well traveled to throw out statements like that. Just because people from around the world listen to hip hop and wear Yankees hats doesn't make New York the better city, that's like comparing apples to apple trees, you catch my drift here?

but that does make nyc the most POPULAR city in the world. if people around the world wears Yankee hats and I heart ny shirts etc.. man even the empire state building and statue of liberty are one of the most popular landmarks around the world. so it may not be the best place to live but it is definitely the most popular city in the world. and I'm glad I live in this city where bodegas are just a block away and train station 2 blocks from me. everything local and beautiful city of bricks.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.
Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.
Well considering that NYC was the first connection to the western world. You know at one time actually being the capital of the states for a time, and trade capital. Nyc has a very important role in the history of the United States, which i am assuming you live in.

Im from California, and am now out in NYC for schooling, and i can say that when i first experienced ny i was just blown away. but having lived there for a year already, although i haven't explored the city to all that it has to offer, it seemed as if its a bit over rated. But as i said, i haven't discovered its true potential yet.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Drinking that haterade?
laugh.gif

It's funny, normally I hate going to Times Square cause its so damn crowded there, but when people talk about it, or im actually there, I enjoy it alot. The atmosphere is just great.
Haterade? Far from it, I'm just not close-minded like most of you on this site. I keep open the possibility that the grass might be greener on the other side, and from my experiences viewing all these cities through objective eyes it would be generous to even place New York third amongst the cities I named. I truly find it amusing that I'm arguing with people that probably haven't even stepped foot outside of the tri-state area, I'm probably just wasting my time here. Go ahead and write your cliche argument about how NY > World because of hip hop, the Yankees, and whatever other things you might find important, you've only trapped yourself in a bubble, travel more and you'll figure out that in the grand scheme of things none of that really matters. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does that make it a great city? Nope.
Well considering that NYC was the first connection to the western world. You know at one time actually being the capital of the states for a time, and trade capital. Nyc has a very important role in the history of the United States, which i am assuming you live in.

Im from California, and am now out in NYC for schooling, and i can say that when i first experienced ny i was just blown away. but having lived there for a year already, although i haven't explored the city to all that it has to offer, it seemed as if its a bit over rated. But as i said, i haven't discovered its true potential yet.

Last time I went to NYC I stayed at Double Tree on Time Square.

One of the best times in my life, took a tour bus to Sin City in the BX. Hands down the best strip club in America.

I'm a fan of NYC but no way in hell could I live there. Great place to visit.

Traffic...I don't understand how and why the hell people drive up there. Parking = headache.

Weather...NYC winter enough said.

Population...its like people piled on top of each other. There is no personal space. A regular apartments there are a joke for the cost.

Cost of living...insane

I been to every major city in America and none can match New Yawk energy and vibe.

Personally ill take the

South;
Houston
Miami
ATL
Charlotte
Raleigh
Dallas
Hampton Roads, VA

or

West coast
Southern Cal
Arizona

simply on the strength of space,less population, cost of living and weather.

Last time I went to NYC I stayed at Double Tree on Time Square.

One of the best times in my life, took a tour bus to Sin City in the BX. Hands down the best strip club in America.

I'm a fan of NYC but no way in hell could I live there. Great place to visit.

Traffic...I don't understand how and why the hell people drive up there. Parking = headache.

Weather...NYC winter enough said.

Population...its like people piled on top of each other. There is no personal space. A regular apartments there are a joke for the cost.

Cost of living...insane

I been to every major city in America and none can match New Yawk energy and vibe.

Personally ill take the

South;
Houston
Miami
ATL
Charlotte
Raleigh
Dallas
Hampton Roads, VA

or

West coast
Southern Cal
Arizona

simply on the strength of space,less population, cost of living and weather.

Doin too much, folks try to act hard n really are not (uncalled for honking, running of mouth, etc etc), Polo clothing everywhere, Weather other than the summer time heat is unappealing, super diverse, segregated boroughs, impressive skyscrapers, most folks swear NY is better than CA but never have a concrete reason to justify the silliness, very imformative sports fans and too many cocky folks who think NY is the end all be all, smh...there is obviously a lot more but I will stop here.

Doin too much, folks try to act hard n really are not (uncalled for honking, running of mouth, etc etc), Polo clothing everywhere, Weather other than the summer time heat is unappealing, super diverse, segregated boroughs, impressive skyscrapers, most folks swear NY is better than CA but never have a concrete reason to justify the silliness, very imformative sports fans and too many cocky folks who think NY is the end all be all, smh...there is obviously a lot more but I will stop here.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

God do I love NYC threads. NTers that have never been outside of the East Coast/U.S. claiming that NYC is the greatest city on the planet
laugh.gif

NYC is a great city and I loved it because it reminded me of my birth city so it personally lived up to my expectations. However to claim it's the best city in the world is a stretch to say the very least. First, I dont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly, what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city it is, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects of living over there.

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...I was extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I havent traveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in other cities.

LMAO! Exactly, especially if you have not either traveled outside of NY, the east coast n more importantly the Country...smh! Oh n thanks Carlos you reminded me of the Women. Yes there are some cool girls in NY (most seem to be in the hoods) but not touchin some carribean islands, MIA nor CA just to name a few!

There are a lot of folks who do not find an overcrowded city appealing so that in itself would prove NY is not the best city, not to mention the crappy Weather, rude folks, etc etc, smdh...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

God do I love NYC threads. NTers that have never been outside of the East Coast/U.S. claiming that NYC is the greatest city on the planet
laugh.gif

NYC is a great city and I loved it because it reminded me of my birth city so it personally lived up to my expectations. However to claim it's the best city in the world is a stretch to say the very least. First, I dont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly, what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city it is, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects of living over there.

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...I was extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I havent traveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in other cities.

LMAO! Exactly, especially if you have not either traveled outside of NY, the east coast n more importantly the Country...smh! Oh n thanks Carlos you reminded me of the Women. Yes there are some cool girls in NY (most seem to be in the hoods) but not touchin some carribean islands, MIA nor CA just to name a few!

There are a lot of folks who do not find an overcrowded city appealing so that in itself would prove NY is not the best city, not to mention the crappy Weather, rude folks, etc etc, smdh...

I've been to Rome, London, Paris and NY and I don't live in any of them.

NY > London > Paris > Rome

I've been to Rome, London, Paris and NY and I don't live in any of them.

NY > London > Paris > Rome

With this comment being well said, there is really nothing more to add. Most folks know NY is a very interesting City but "the best city" lol knock it off! Then again trying to argue this topic or most things in general with NY cats is like arguing with a deaf person, ijs.

With this comment being well said, there is really nothing more to add. Most folks know NY is a very interesting City but "the best city" lol knock it off! Then again trying to argue this topic or most things in general with NY cats is like arguing with a deaf person, ijs.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I can't wait to visit NYC...

We all generally take for granted what's in our backyard, so to speak. I live in undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in the world and I've still yet to explore every part. We tend to ignore what we already have.
What part of New Zealand are you from? NT Summit....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I can't wait to visit NYC...

We all generally take for granted what's in our backyard, so to speak. I live in undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in the world and I've still yet to explore every part. We tend to ignore what we already have.
What part of New Zealand are you from? NT Summit....
nerd.gif

I am from London, and there is no way that it's better than New York.
indifferent.gif
I have also travelled around cities in France, Spain and Italy, whilst they are really nice places to be.. they just don't have the atmosphere that NY does.

I am from London, and there is no way that it's better than New York.
indifferent.gif
I have also travelled around cities in France, Spain and Italy, whilst they are really nice places to be.. they just don't have the atmosphere that NY does.

Back
Top Bottom