First look: Air jordan retro 7 "Year of the Rabbit"

Was rolling through downtown to celebrate my bday last night...

drove passed Niketown and saw about 8-9 dudes camping.

I expected way more...

but seattle ain't a super sneakerhead market (compared to other
major cities, that is).

Limited; yes. But they aren't worth a hair over retail plus tax.

Man this was honestly craziest relese i have ever been to at 8am secuirty started passing out tickets we had a neat formed line then people who just pulled up decided to bum rush the door and try to skip..like i said before one guy said i better give him his sz or he was gonna hit me i scoffed and kept moving i made it through and security let us out the back door dude was waiting outside of the door trying grab my pair..then a sheriff pulled up with his taser out and str8 said !+* are you going to do..dude backed up and walked away..good looking on the police force in the bay area because honestly to fight someone over a pair of sneakers is outrageous..i didnt even care about the shoes at that point im pretty well known where i cop from so to have some wanna be thug come up and start something was just ignorant.
overall i enjoyed the shoe excited and hope to see more people rock then stock..i got a few pairs so im sell some and rock one basically flip it so i get a free pair of shoes

Man this was honestly craziest relese i have ever been to at 8am secuirty started passing out tickets we had a neat formed line then people who just pulled up decided to bum rush the door and try to skip..like i said before one guy said i better give him his sz or he was gonna hit me i scoffed and kept moving i made it through and security let us out the back door dude was waiting outside of the door trying grab my pair..then a sheriff pulled up with his taser out and str8 said !+* are you going to do..dude backed up and walked away..good looking on the police force in the bay area because honestly to fight someone over a pair of sneakers is outrageous..i didnt even care about the shoes at that point im pretty well known where i cop from so to have some wanna be thug come up and start something was just ignorant.
overall i enjoyed the shoe excited and hope to see more people rock then stock..i got a few pairs so im sell some and rock one basically flip it so i get a free pair of shoes

Copped mine at gwinnett ga. only 12 pair alot of upset people. Gonna go back and get another pair of bordeaux.

Copped mine at gwinnett ga. only 12 pair alot of upset people. Gonna go back and get another pair of bordeaux.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Easy cop here in Baltmore. Store only had 12 pair but there was only 15 people in line. Half of em came like 30 mins b4 the store opened. My team had our spots locked down.
98zz29.jpg

so pissed my dtlr didnt get these 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Easy cop here in Baltmore. Store only had 12 pair but there was only 15 people in line. Half of em came like 30 mins b4 the store opened. My team had our spots locked down.
98zz29.jpg

so pissed my dtlr didnt get these 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Congrats to everyone that was able to order a pair.

Originally Posted by evisumane123

so if you have a 20 min wait you have basically no shot honestly?
It depends on the shoe you are trying to order.  For a limited launch like this, I would say anyone with a timer over 10 minutes (plus/minus a few minutes) will not have a shot at the shoes.  For standard general releases, a 20 minute wait is normally nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by KiCkzB4HoZ

waiting for eastbay rep and the excuses about servers this time
Originally Posted by j671

EAST BAY REP!!!!!!WHERE THEY HELL ARE YOU!!!I WANT EXPLANATIONS!!!!NOW!!!!!
Not sure what you want me to say.  This was a limited shoe with a huge demand.  Not everyone that was trying to order from us was going to get their pair.  Only a fraction of the people that wanted to order from us were able to, due to the limited supply.

Originally Posted by torres

damn, 2 min wait couldn't get through on eastbay, keep telling me try again, and NDC never showed in stock for me...this pissed me off
frown.gif
So you had a two minute wait to checkout? What was our site doing when your timer got to zero?

Originally Posted by DavidLeex84

how come eastbay's $%!$ messed up so bad...4 min wait time from 9pm, i click checkout, and enter CC then click continue, then it puts me back to the order page...then i have to REDO everything...really glitchy website
When you said you were sent back to the order page, did you mean the checkout page? 

EastBay is guilty of this at EVERY release. be ready for someone to say its your fault. EastBay needs to step up and get better servers.

i think nike.com still has orders because the site went down within 1 minute..don't sleep. and eastbay's glitchy *%% site need to be fixed/upgraded.
We are getting a new ordering system sometime in the near future, so hopefully this will fix some issues.

I have a feeling all these eastbay reps..hold pairs, tell their people to call them up..then they get a pair..hmmmm.. I wonder if their are extensions to who you can transfer phone calls to certain reps???
No one is holding pairs for their people. 

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by wiseman299

Eastbay joint is rigged
mad.gif
 but no need to worry I got mine on the way from NIKE
eek.gif

On Eastbay I placed my order within 2 seconds and checked out within 10 seconds. A message then came up on my screen that told me to wait in line est. time 30 min but  after 5 min message said "sold out". I highly doubt someone checked out before me. After that I then went on Nike and got them
smile.gif
 (apporx 2 min after)
You're not very smart if you actually "highly doubt" someone checked out before you. We're talking about milliseconds of time between people getting through. Ultimately this comes down to things too technical to get into. But I bet if you pinged either site, you'd see your ping time isn't very good. With maybe only a handful of inventory in each size, if you were even 4th or 5th in the queue you got shut out. I TRULY believe eastbay's system didn't fail on this one.
Nike.com did eat a huge fat turd though
As trappedintime was saying, plenty of other people easily got in the checkout line before you, as every millisecond counts when ordering online.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

You all should have followed the Eastbay Rep's suggestion on here a few days ago. I called in a couple minutes before midnight and was camped on eastbay.com at the same time. A rep locked my pair in over the phone ASAP.

Picking up another pair in the morning.
Originally Posted by smzsmz

i didnt wanna beast and call tooo early. i didnt know eastbay reps could "lock" pairs for people before release date. smh i called at 11:54EST and it was busy for 9 minutes. then i was on hold for 12. then told tough luck.

...still trying to comprehend eastbay reps now "locking" pairs down before 12. im going to have to try this one day.
Originally Posted by kicks409

Man i didnt get mine either!!!! I was on hold with eastbay for 15 mins and the guy hung up on me 2 minutes before they released.
mad.gif
mad.gif
Sure, you can call in before 12 AM ET on launch nights, but you run the risk of being let go if you get to an agent before 12 AM ET.  Phone agents should not be taking any orders for hot launches like this until it hits 12 AM ET.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

No offense, and apologies to those who wanted these and didn't get 'em, but there is really no reason to blame NDC or Eastbay, or Eastbay Rep, or servers, blah blah blah..

Point blank.  If you wanted 'em that bad, you find a way.  Maybe you camp, maybe you pay someone to do it for you, maybe you pay 100-200 over retail.  I had my patience tested numerous times with Eastbay and NDC in the past few months, and it just aint worth it.  Things like this YOTR 7 and some of the ASG kobes,  SBs, etc...  They simply don't have nearly enough to supply even the die hards, much less the casual sneakerheads, resellers, hypesters, and whatever else comes along for the ride.

In Eastbay's case, I am guessing they probably had 5 or less FSRs to distribute amongst how many people? Literally Thousands.  NDC maybe had 10 x that, but how many more people visit their site.  Supply simply comes nowhere near meeting demand and thus you have unhappiness.  'Tis reality, and in all honesty, Eastbay, Nike, and most the online retailers aren't going to do much about it anytime soon.  In spite of what they say and say they're doing, this is all part of the Game friends.

Hope everyone finds something they're looking for - if not tonight- maybe sometime this month or next.  Peace
wink.gif
I am glad Bryscooplaygrifhold understands what is up with limited shoes online. 

EastbayRep - Ray

Congrats to everyone that was able to order a pair.

Originally Posted by evisumane123

so if you have a 20 min wait you have basically no shot honestly?
It depends on the shoe you are trying to order.  For a limited launch like this, I would say anyone with a timer over 10 minutes (plus/minus a few minutes) will not have a shot at the shoes.  For standard general releases, a 20 minute wait is normally nothing to worry about.

waiting for eastbay rep and the excuses about servers this time

EAST BAY REP!!!!!!WHERE THEY HELL ARE YOU!!!I WANT EXPLANATIONS!!!!NOW!!!!!
Not sure what you want me to say.  This was a limited shoe with a huge demand.  Not everyone that was trying to order from us was going to get their pair.  Only a fraction of the people that wanted to order from us were able to, due to the limited supply.

Originally Posted by torres

damn, 2 min wait couldn't get through on eastbay, keep telling me try again, and NDC never showed in stock for me...this pissed me off
frown.gif
So you had a two minute wait to checkout? What was our site doing when your timer got to zero?

how come eastbay's $%!$ messed up so bad...4 min wait time from 9pm, i click checkout, and enter CC then click continue, then it puts me back to the order page...then i have to REDO everything...really glitchy website
When you said you were sent back to the order page, did you mean the checkout page? 

EastBay is guilty of this at EVERY release. be ready for someone to say its your fault. EastBay needs to step up and get better servers.

i think nike.com still has orders because the site went down within 1 minute..don't sleep. and eastbay's glitchy *%% site need to be fixed/upgraded.
We are getting a new ordering system sometime in the near future, so hopefully this will fix some issues.

I have a feeling all these eastbay reps..hold pairs, tell their people to call them up..then they get a pair..hmmmm.. I wonder if their are extensions to who you can transfer phone calls to certain reps???
No one is holding pairs for their people. 

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by wiseman299

Eastbay joint is rigged
mad.gif
 but no need to worry I got mine on the way from NIKE
eek.gif

On Eastbay I placed my order within 2 seconds and checked out within 10 seconds. A message then came up on my screen that told me to wait in line est. time 30 min but  after 5 min message said "sold out". I highly doubt someone checked out before me. After that I then went on Nike and got them
smile.gif
 (apporx 2 min after)
You're not very smart if you actually "highly doubt" someone checked out before you. We're talking about milliseconds of time between people getting through. Ultimately this comes down to things too technical to get into. But I bet if you pinged either site, you'd see your ping time isn't very good. With maybe only a handful of inventory in each size, if you were even 4th or 5th in the queue you got shut out. I TRULY believe eastbay's system didn't fail on this one.
Nike.com did eat a huge fat turd though
As trappedintime was saying, plenty of other people easily got in the checkout line before you, as every millisecond counts when ordering online.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

You all should have followed the Eastbay Rep's suggestion on here a few days ago. I called in a couple minutes before midnight and was camped on eastbay.com at the same time. A rep locked my pair in over the phone ASAP.

Picking up another pair in the morning.
Originally Posted by smzsmz

i didnt wanna beast and call tooo early. i didnt know eastbay reps could "lock" pairs for people before release date. smh i called at 11:54EST and it was busy for 9 minutes. then i was on hold for 12. then told tough luck.

...still trying to comprehend eastbay reps now "locking" pairs down before 12. im going to have to try this one day.
Originally Posted by kicks409

Man i didnt get mine either!!!! I was on hold with eastbay for 15 mins and the guy hung up on me 2 minutes before they released.
mad.gif
mad.gif
Sure, you can call in before 12 AM ET on launch nights, but you run the risk of being let go if you get to an agent before 12 AM ET.  Phone agents should not be taking any orders for hot launches like this until it hits 12 AM ET.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

No offense, and apologies to those who wanted these and didn't get 'em, but there is really no reason to blame NDC or Eastbay, or Eastbay Rep, or servers, blah blah blah..

Point blank.  If you wanted 'em that bad, you find a way.  Maybe you camp, maybe you pay someone to do it for you, maybe you pay 100-200 over retail.  I had my patience tested numerous times with Eastbay and NDC in the past few months, and it just aint worth it.  Things like this YOTR 7 and some of the ASG kobes,  SBs, etc...  They simply don't have nearly enough to supply even the die hards, much less the casual sneakerheads, resellers, hypesters, and whatever else comes along for the ride.

In Eastbay's case, I am guessing they probably had 5 or less FSRs to distribute amongst how many people? Literally Thousands.  NDC maybe had 10 x that, but how many more people visit their site.  Supply simply comes nowhere near meeting demand and thus you have unhappiness.  'Tis reality, and in all honesty, Eastbay, Nike, and most the online retailers aren't going to do much about it anytime soon.  In spite of what they say and say they're doing, this is all part of the Game friends.

Hope everyone finds something they're looking for - if not tonight- maybe sometime this month or next.  Peace
wink.gif
I am glad Bryscooplaygrifhold understands what is up with limited shoes online. 

EastbayRep - Ray

just got back from the campout that was fun while it lasted....came home with some pairs time to get some rest hope everyone got a pair i heard NDC got shut down last nite

just got back from the campout that was fun while it lasted....came home with some pairs time to get some rest hope everyone got a pair i heard NDC got shut down last nite

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I would say 1000 or less cuz nobody got more than 30 pairs

I would say more like 2-3000.

There were at least 8-10 spots that got these in the DMV.

Include NDC, Eastbay, Niketowns, and boutiques, way more then 1000.

I actually could have got these, but the only VII's I like are the Bordeauxs.

Plus I like the YOTR AF1 better.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

9ca16d130b4aa978a04adb9daca7206c231578c1_r.jpg

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I would say 1000 or less cuz nobody got more than 30 pairs

I would say more like 2-3000.

There were at least 8-10 spots that got these in the DMV.

Include NDC, Eastbay, Niketowns, and boutiques, way more then 1000.

I actually could have got these, but the only VII's I like are the Bordeauxs.

Plus I like the YOTR AF1 better.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

9ca16d130b4aa978a04adb9daca7206c231578c1_r.jpg

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

good job eastbay rep really putting in work..do they know your on Nt you getting bonuses for this stuff
It is my job to assist customers on NikeTalk, so yes, Eastbay knows I am here.  I work from inside our Call Center.  As for bonuses, there are none.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

good job eastbay rep really putting in work..do they know your on Nt you getting bonuses for this stuff
It is my job to assist customers on NikeTalk, so yes, Eastbay knows I am here.  I work from inside our Call Center.  As for bonuses, there are none.

EastbayRep - Ray

Wow, so I haven't done a LE release in awhile. I showed up at the Champs in Merrillville, IN at about 6:40 A.M. There were about a dozen people there, mostly teenagers from about 14-17. I'm 26, so needless to say I felt kinda old. On top of that... and I'm hesitant to even bring this up, but I was the only white person in line. But wait, there was no line! I asked who was first, where the line was, and I got laughed at. "There's no line, when the doors open up you're going to run yo !+$ to the gate and that becomes the line." Are you effing kidding me? So 8 AM rolls around, and this fat security guard walks up and pushes 2 of the 4 doors open. About 30 people storm in. Luckily I was by one of the doors that he opened, at which point I got to test out my sprinting skills against teenagers. Needless to say, their fast twitch muscles put my out of shape !+$ to shame, but somehow I still end up about 4th to 5th on one side of the gate. Guess I'm not in that bad of shape, and definitely glad I'm not a fat !+$.

I don't know what my actual position was, because all these kids pushed up against the gate from left to right. The guy in front of me was a little older too, and started laughing at the kids, telling them you always line up on the left. At this point most of them abandon the left side and form a single file line against the right side. At about 8:25 3 staff members push their way through, open the gate and go inside. One girl comes back and tells everyone they need to line up to the left. YESSSSSSSS!

I'm now 5th in line with little kids in front of me who are looking for sizes 8-10, and they come back with cards to ask for sizes. I was good to go with my 11.5, but there was a man and woman who were arguing over who was there first, fighting over the last size 12. Pretty much after the front of the line got their cards, everyone else started pushing and swarming the Champs employee.

It turned out alright, but I wasn't too happy about the chaos involved. Everyone was trying to sneak around, move positions once inside, and everyone's refusal to form a line outside the door had me SMH. I may post some pics, but everyone's got a pretty good look at them right now. My left shoe has a bit of a glue stain on the sole, so I wouldn't be surprised if Champs got the leftovers (as the boxes all were denoted in marker - 1-490 5/7). One of the guys told me they weren't even supposed to get any until they got a call on Thursday.

Bottom line: I'm getting too old to deal with these little punks, especially when they look at me like I'm a honkey moron who isn't even worth talking to, let alone deserving of a pair.

Wow, so I haven't done a LE release in awhile. I showed up at the Champs in Merrillville, IN at about 6:40 A.M. There were about a dozen people there, mostly teenagers from about 14-17. I'm 26, so needless to say I felt kinda old. On top of that... and I'm hesitant to even bring this up, but I was the only white person in line. But wait, there was no line! I asked who was first, where the line was, and I got laughed at. "There's no line, when the doors open up you're going to run yo !+$ to the gate and that becomes the line." Are you effing kidding me? So 8 AM rolls around, and this fat security guard walks up and pushes 2 of the 4 doors open. About 30 people storm in. Luckily I was by one of the doors that he opened, at which point I got to test out my sprinting skills against teenagers. Needless to say, their fast twitch muscles put my out of shape !+$ to shame, but somehow I still end up about 4th to 5th on one side of the gate. Guess I'm not in that bad of shape, and definitely glad I'm not a fat !+$.

I don't know what my actual position was, because all these kids pushed up against the gate from left to right. The guy in front of me was a little older too, and started laughing at the kids, telling them you always line up on the left. At this point most of them abandon the left side and form a single file line against the right side. At about 8:25 3 staff members push their way through, open the gate and go inside. One girl comes back and tells everyone they need to line up to the left. YESSSSSSSS!

I'm now 5th in line with little kids in front of me who are looking for sizes 8-10, and they come back with cards to ask for sizes. I was good to go with my 11.5, but there was a man and woman who were arguing over who was there first, fighting over the last size 12. Pretty much after the front of the line got their cards, everyone else started pushing and swarming the Champs employee.

It turned out alright, but I wasn't too happy about the chaos involved. Everyone was trying to sneak around, move positions once inside, and everyone's refusal to form a line outside the door had me SMH. I may post some pics, but everyone's got a pretty good look at them right now. My left shoe has a bit of a glue stain on the sole, so I wouldn't be surprised if Champs got the leftovers (as the boxes all were denoted in marker - 1-490 5/7). One of the guys told me they weren't even supposed to get any until they got a call on Thursday.

Bottom line: I'm getting too old to deal with these little punks, especially when they look at me like I'm a honkey moron who isn't even worth talking to, let alone deserving of a pair.

Got only 5. To the MANY, MANY who sought me out, I am terribly sorry if I couldn't grab yours. If any of you followed me, I got the rug pulled out from under me at the very last second. I did what I could but had very limited resources. To those lucky enough, I will be shipping out today.

Again, I am very sorry to those who missed out.

Got only 5. To the MANY, MANY who sought me out, I am terribly sorry if I couldn't grab yours. If any of you followed me, I got the rug pulled out from under me at the very last second. I did what I could but had very limited resources. To those lucky enough, I will be shipping out today.

Again, I am very sorry to those who missed out.

Back
Top Bottom