First Time in NYC Vol. November 2015

Hey NT fam,

So I've lived nearly my whole life in LA (I'm 20) and am now attending college in Boston. I'll be spending Thanksgiving break with one of my closest friends in New York City. I'm a bit ashamed to say I've never visited before, though I've always wanted to go. I'm very excited for the trip and will be there 4 and a half days. Having never visited before though, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of dope places to visit and things to do.

This is where you guys come in.

Hit me up with:

- Restaurants (everything from hole-in-the-wall to well-known but worthwhile)
- Which touristy things are actually worth doing and which ones I can skip
- Cool attractions off the beaten path
- Best places to view the skyline and the city
- Shopping (sneakers, streetwear, high fashion)
- Anything else you think is worth mentioning!

I searched and couldn't find a recent thread with good NYC info. My intention is for this to be a resource for anyone traveling to the city in the near future.

Thanks guys :smokin

...ask ksteezy, he's GOD of New York (from Westchester), GOD of fashion and GOD on Niketalk. If you disagree with him Method Man will ban you. So sorry can't give you any advice on New York.

Last edited:
this thread gets made every 3 weeks and then turns into a ___> NYC debate.  Visit the Louis Heaton "Pink House" and say wassup to FlyNy1; he'll be on a bench sippin E&J listening to Doe or Die.

this thread gets made every 3 weeks and then turns into a ___> NYC debate.  Visit the Louis Heaton "Pink House" and say wassup to FlyNy1; he'll be on a bench sippin E&J listening to Doe or Die.
Make sure to bring him some chicken wings from crown fried chicken.

Partake on in a NYC tradition

Snitch on someone
But real talk just search general, and google. There are tons of things to do, and it has been covered before

Last edited:
Go to a Knicks game to witness a future greatest center of all time playing in his fist NBA games

kats deli (best pastrami ever)
juniors cheesecake (best cheesecake ever)
Flight club (great selection of kicks but very expensive)
check out World Trade Center, Empire State, Seaport and Central Park
Try a New York slice of pizza just not sbarros
53rd and 6th got that lamb platter on lock :pimp:

For the best view of the New York Skyline it all it's Glory, take the Boulevard East Bus to Jersey and get off at 56th street.

There you will have the best view. Or you can go down to Edgewater, Hoboken, or Jersey City.

I'm from LA myself and just visited NY last month for the first time. Took the Ground Zero Tour and 9/11 Museum visit, Statue of Liberty (only was able to get to the base, actual climb up to the crown was sold out), Empire State Building, Financial District, Time Square, saw the Wicked Play, Little Italy, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art, took a cruise ride at night on around the Hudson river, and some other misc walking around. I went with my female best friend so we kind of collaborated on what we both wanted to do. We planned out each day and everything worked out pretty well. Didn't want to get caught standing around thinking "what do you want to do next?"

I'm from LA myself and just visited NY last month for the first time. Took the Ground Zero Tour and 9/11 Museum visit, Statue of Liberty (only was able to get to the base, actual climb up to the crown was sold out), Empire State Building, Financial District, Time Square, saw the Wicked Play, Little Italy, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art, took a cruise ride at night on around the Hudson river, and some other misc walking around. I went with my female best friend so we kind of collaborated on what we both wanted to do. We planned out each day and everything worked out pretty well. Didn't want to get caught standing around thinking "what do you want to do next?"

Sounds like you made the best of your time :smokin

Go out get ****** up on Thanksgiving Eve biggest party night of the year yambz will be bountiful and copious

And coming to NY in November is gonna suck bro...NYs best charm is in the warmer months...come winter time I think only locals can make it enjoyable, tourists specially those coming from warmer states I have no idea how they can enjoy themselves...is cold, gets dark at 4pm, IS COLD :lol:

Come to think of it, IT REALLY IS :lol:

We go from 10 below in the winters to 110 in the summers and everything in between...

Cray.

Damn! I can't imagine what it's like to live in a place that has hot and cold weather. NY is just so unique, I didn't places like that existed :wow:

HIT UP THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE AND WALK ACROSS BY THE PROMENADE
THERE'S ALSO ADULT NIGHT SKATING WITH A NICE VIEW BY THE BK BRIDGE ON SUNDAY NIGHTS
MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
STATUE OF LIBERTY FERRY
BROOKLYN MUSEUM HAS A SNEAKER EXHIBIT AND FIRST SATURDAYS (FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH) IS FREE
BRONX ZOO IS FREE ON WEDNESDAYS

FOOD:

AMY RUTHS IN HARLEM FOR SOUTHERN STYLE CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
UTICA AVE (4 TRAIN) FOR HOLE IN THE WALL CARIBBEAN FOOD
SHAKE SHACK .. NYC'S BURGER SPOT

Back
Top Bottom