FIXED GEARS

That's from the same guy that is selling the Bianchi. His posts look super sketch but maybe he is computer illiterate. I bought some old film camera off this guy and his post was super odd but when I met with him, he was just some old dude that didn't even know we had a black president. All coked up type dude but I got a old camera in like brand new condition.

I might check out the bikes still. Maybe just check out both for the hell of it. He lives in Twin Peaks and that isn't a super sketch area.

Its gotta be stolen, especially with the way you describe him.
I would stay away.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

^ Sweet man thanks. I think I met you yearsss ago when I worked at City Kicks here in Sac.

I totally forgot but my buddy runs bikereviews.com. He said he can help me put a good bike together for a good price.

Here's a pic of his. he said about $2500 he spent. Its super clean though.

No way he spent that much, not even close.....maybe half of that. 

An no, no its not 
sick.gif

Would guess one could've spent around 16 hundred building that vig' that's tops.  However have seen almost that exact setup sold for around a grand built up on cl and sff
not a bad looking cycle...just looks a bit more of a hype machine than a serious track.  
eyes.gif
@ the front brake 

Any thoughts on the PK Ripper? Just saw it on Bike Direct and the matte black one looks cool. Seems to have everything that I would want in a bike (including the break). But I noticed that it says that they only made a 1250 of these made. Does that mean I am getting a bootleg or something?

dc_pkripper_black_600.jpg

not a big fan of those^^^ but built sturdy as hell, kinda bmx style
i'd say the 1250 made thing probably means just that. wouldn't imagine there'd be a company bootlegging PK's --

The ripper is a decent bike.
Its an aluminum frame so the ride is going to be very different. Steel frames are more forgiving and ride smoother on the street versus aluminum which is a lot stiffer and makes for a harsher ride.
Aluminum, since it is stiffer is faster and more responsive. Although, if you crack an aluminum frame its done, versus steel which can be welded and re-welded.

I'd stick with the kilo, or if your looking for something a little nicer be patient and check craigslist often. You'll find some pretty good deals quite often.

Originally Posted by villansfinest

Burn916,

did i see the macramento preview, or the full length piece when they had that bike film fest downtown across from hot italian a few months ago? were you at that? the inflatable outdoor screen and the projector?

I was there...you saw the whole thing.  It's a short made specifically for the BFF.  The clip I posted is an abbreviated version.  
Fongstarr - The PK is pretty sturdy, and could be a good option.  RAFS assessment is pretty spot on.  Probably not a bootleg...they probably just didn't sell that many.  Check out the Macramento video I posted a page back.  Cards is riding a PK on dirt trails.  

Have you looked at any freestyle builds?  Leader's Mordecai and Trickstar are pretty dope.  I like some of Volume's products as well.  iMiNUSD in SJ is a great shop to get a FGFS build.  

Originally Posted by damn its me

i'd say the 1250 made thing probably means just that. wouldn't imagine there'd be a company bootlegging PK's --

Shawn your gay. You never call or text me back LOL. I see how its is.
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
I shot you a text cousin!  I'm not a big phone guy.  I talk all day here at work so it's text, in person, or bust
laugh.gif

I'm still living in the same place...You should come through and burn one soon.
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
I shot you a text cousin!  I'm not a big phone guy.  I talk all day here at work so it's text, in person, or bust
laugh.gif

I'm still living in the same place...You should come through and burn one soon.
pimp.gif
I think I'm coming up tomorrow or Sat. Gotta drop these black and cement 3s off to DJDefJef.

I broke my iphone so I got this bootleg phone that I hate texting on LOL. You know I'm coming by to burn. I'll bring some of my harvest too.

Sweet, give jeff my regards, its been a while since i've talked to anyone! I passed ol getta clue a few weeks back
laugh.gif
good times
alright, enough with the convo...see you soon, cant wait to try the fruits of labor...now back to bike talk
that stunt lumpin bike above looks like a leader frame to me...Not sure?

86650309.png

So the guy with the Pista Chrome got back to me with a picture. Guy pretty much is sold on the price cause of his financial situation and in an odd way, I kind of want a beater bike so I don't get all prissy like I would with a new one. Looks clean though and a nice start up bike. Plus with the Bikedirect thing, it give me a headache knowing I have to put together and I don't have any tools at all. Probably take the extra $100 and get a new handle bar and a new chain.

how much is the pista?

if you want ask him for a parts list, post here and I'll tell you how much you should pay.
But just from the pic, looks like there are no great parts on it.

Decent first bike though.

$400. He didn't have a part list but I still have to answer back to the guy. I can get the low down and post it up later. Even if it is fairly stock, don't Pista's go for way more? I always seen them go for $500+ and some don't look any different then what he is offering.

I should be getting these handlebars instead. This was the pic on his listing:

3pc3oe3lc5V25T15U1ac74c64833c99c61517.jpg

^^word, as is id say 350 - 450 would be fair on that. I own a pista and they are great bikes, although mine is from a totally different era/designer and such. (page 36 in this thread for photos)
plus the pista is the bike version of having a mac book at a starbucks....go with that if the price is fair

EDIT: you posted price which is fair enough...might as well jump...just make sure the welds are all in good shape...check the chainstay area for any shredding (due largely to chain snaps on these) assuming all is well, i'd roll with it.  THe style of the handlebars leads me to believe the guy probably rode or at least tried to ride hard, with the little hip choppers...so make sure the bike hasnt taken too much wear and tear.

and please please dont put the belgian cruiser/time trial looking bars on it...eeesh..  nitto drops or risers are far better (less chopped than his of course)

Haha....yeah, not too much of a fan of the dildo bars. Going to just get the other one for maybe resale value and then get some regular simple handlebars. I'll make sure to check out all the things you mentioned. Didn't even figure to really think about stuff like that.

A Cinelli Supercorsa Pista that I bought off a guy on CL. It was rode on the track only thats why It has a Zipp disc, but I'm not going to ride with the disc tho. It also came with a HED 3 tri spoke on the front. I took it off and put it on my Bianchi. He also threw in a free pair of campagnolo shamal track wheels. Got a sweet deal on it all
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

$400. He didn't have a part list but I still have to answer back to the guy. I can get the low down and post it up later. Even if it is fairly stock, don't Pista's go for way more? I always seen them go for $500+ and some don't look any different then what he is offering.

I should be getting these handlebars instead. This was the pic on his listing:

$400 isnt bad, not a smokin deal, but not bad.
As mentioned, take a look at it and make sure its in good shape.

What it really comes down to is, which one do you like better. 

I put risers back on my bike for smooth riding.
wore a bid on a ride like a month ago.  never again.  I developed a horrible rash-looking thing on my upper thigh. 
sick.gif
Smell was even worse. 
laugh.gif

Bikesdirect bikes come literally 90% assembled; you have to put the front wheel, seatpost and a few other things on but you don't need any tools aside from a wrench, (screwdriver), and some allen wrenches. If that would change your opinion on what bike to get. For $400 that pista looks pretty good I'd say though.

Trying to get my 2009 Cinelli Vig this weekend
mad.gif
mad.gif
if this guy sells before I can make it out there. Been looking for one in a 56cm forever now
frown.gif

Are SOLE fixed gears any good? They were on GILT last week and with my credits I think the bike would've came out to $150.

I figured $150 for a new fixed gear of any kind ain't that bad, right?

Back
Top Bottom