Florida NTers, Please Step In.

hey, sorry for not posting in the regional forums but i thought that id get a better response here. thanks.

im not sure if you guys remember but i asked about moving to florida some time last year and ive been thinkin about it every now and again. reason i didnt doit last time was for some other reasons but im thinkin about it again. ive checked and i understand that the minimum wage is $6.79. i wont be attending schoolor anything, just gonna work for a year or 2 to get enough money to move out and then start college.

wanted to know, how is the job scene these days? is it easy to get a job? what places pay the best and stuff like that. working hours aint a prob, ill betaking up 2 jobs if one job aint paying to well. i plan to stay up there for 1 year and 6 months then ill make a decision on if florida is right for me. imlookin to make some nice $$$ tho. i might be situated in the Boynton Beach area.

any info would be nice NT. Thanks.

hey, sorry for not posting in the regional forums but i thought that id get a better response here. thanks.

im not sure if you guys remember but i asked about moving to florida some time last year and ive been thinkin about it every now and again. reason i didnt doit last time was for some other reasons but im thinkin about it again. ive checked and i understand that the minimum wage is $6.79. i wont be attending schoolor anything, just gonna work for a year or 2 to get enough money to move out and then start college.

wanted to know, how is the job scene these days? is it easy to get a job? what places pay the best and stuff like that. working hours aint a prob, ill betaking up 2 jobs if one job aint paying to well. i plan to stay up there for 1 year and 6 months then ill make a decision on if florida is right for me. imlookin to make some nice $$$ tho. i might be situated in the Boynton Beach area.

any info would be nice NT. Thanks.

oh yea im from trinidad. i did good in high school and in the middle of my bachelors degree in the IT field. i need to come up to the US tho since i got mygreencard and they givin me some heat so i say ill give it a try in the US, if it aint for me, then ill just give it up. i chose FL since i got some fam therethat willin to keep me for a few months until i get on a good foot.

oh yea im from trinidad. i did good in high school and in the middle of my bachelors degree in the IT field. i need to come up to the US tho since i got mygreencard and they givin me some heat so i say ill give it a try in the US, if it aint for me, then ill just give it up. i chose FL since i got some fam therethat willin to keep me for a few months until i get on a good foot.

Well the easiest job you can get off... is to work at UPS... you start off slow at 8.50-9.50 but by the time 2 years goes by you can hop up to a supervisor andget like $750 every 2 weeks depending on how much you qualify... you can even get up to supervisor quicker but like i said it depends how they like you...seems like a little but that can be ok for a one bed room apartment... also like FedEX would be easy to get a job they start at like 12.75... but i cant talkfor other jobs cause i never had to apply anywhere else... and oh some UPS in florida pay for your school, just got my check
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well the easiest job you can get off... is to work at UPS... you start off slow at 8.50-9.50 but by the time 2 years goes by you can hop up to a supervisor andget like $750 every 2 weeks depending on how much you qualify... you can even get up to supervisor quicker but like i said it depends how they like you...seems like a little but that can be ok for a one bed room apartment... also like FedEX would be easy to get a job they start at like 12.75... but i cant talkfor other jobs cause i never had to apply anywhere else... and oh some UPS in florida pay for your school, just got my check
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I stay in So. Florida... Pembroke Pines/West Miramar area and make 21 dollars an hour and it is still rough.

I stay in So. Florida... Pembroke Pines/West Miramar area and make 21 dollars an hour and it is still rough.

thats the thing, i dont got no where else to stay, im just gonna start off in boynton tho, once i get enough $$$, then i can move out and source a jobelsewhere etc. so does fedex always take new workers? cause 12.75 an hour aint that bad and if the hours are alright, maybe i can hook a part time job ont heweekend.

thats the thing, i dont got no where else to stay, im just gonna start off in boynton tho, once i get enough $$$, then i can move out and source a jobelsewhere etc. so does fedex always take new workers? cause 12.75 an hour aint that bad and if the hours are alright, maybe i can hook a part time job ont heweekend.

look in the IT field. the whole country has a shortage and is paying a premium.

keep an eye on job postings etc. maybe look at best buy geek squad even or something like that. as far as how easy it is to get a job, it depends on exactlywhere you live and how good your resume is and how you present yourself. get on some resume writing tips and make that look good.

Back
Top Bottom