Flyknit Chukka Thread

what would be an ideal price for red lunar chukkas thats 8.5/10 condition?

Last edited:
If you think those are comfy, you should try the Lunar version. #differentlevel
smokin.gif
Do you think Nike will start to re-release new lunar versions? I mean the Frees are straight but I constantly see them sitting on shelves and going on clearance idk why they wouldn't put out more versions of both? 

Do you think Nike will start to re-release new lunar versions? I mean the Frees are straight but I constantly see them sitting on shelves and going on clearance idk why they wouldn't put out more versions of both? 
we can only hope, lots of lunars went on outlets shelves as well.

we can only hope, lots of lunars went on outlets shelves as well.
Don't think either chukka will ever be a popular shoe though.

Its an unusual style mixed in with a high retail so it won't connect to the younger crowd. There is no name attached to it either so you'll always see it on the clearance shelves. I'm sad the lunars are gone, they are probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned but since many people dont mess with them you can often find a deal on ebay

I really think lunars were so under the radar because they never actually had nice colors other than the first batch (wolf greys, midnights, electric yellow etc.) By the time people knew about them the first batch were sold out, and the crappy colors all sat. I came across a pair of mint green lunars last month and i passed. The color is just werid.

I have no idea why the free sole versions have much better colors and flyknit patterns. If they could've just slapped a lunar sole on them god knows how many pairs i would've bought.

Last edited:

Its an unusual style mixed in with a high retail so it won't connect to the younger crowd. There is no name attached to it either so you'll always see it on the clearance shelves. I'm sad the lunars are gone, they are probably the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned but since many people dont mess with them you can often find a deal on ebay
For me, I never liked the chukkas as the flyknit is not as easily wearable in the winter time.  In the summer, I want to wear my racers, as they breathe easily and are lightweight.  I didn't really have any season where I would wear them.  Now though, with the introduction of the SFB, I can wear those in the winter/fall time, and my feet can stay dry.  

Fell in love with these on first sight. Except I didn't know they ran big, and got a 10.5 followed by a 10. Think I should hold on to the extra pair and flip in a year or two, or just ditch now?

View media item 1508871

What?

Lunar Chukka's are just as easy to wear as any racer. They messed em up when they stopped making them with the lunar sole. The free soles are TERRIBLE on them.

still on the lookout for some wolf treys. They done disappeared.
Definitely one of the harder colors to find DS now.  Even when they hit outlets, people gobbled them up with a quickness.  I wish they would bring back the lunar sole.  I actually like the free sole on the SP University Golds a lot, but the free sole on the GR chukkas just don't feel the same.  

Definitely one of the harder colors to find DS now.  Even when they hit outlets, people gobbled them up with a quickness.  I wish they would bring back the lunar sole.  I actually like the free sole on the SP University Golds a lot, but the free sole on the GR chukkas just don't feel the same.  

Those university golds are the only flyknit frees that i have cause those are the only ones i like as well. Were those the only one with that kind of sole?

Nike seems to favor the free sole in general because Nike Frees are very popular mainstream shoes for people not into sneakers as much. They might feel the Chukkas are more accessible as a "free". I can´t get with that sole though sadly

Hey guys I have been thinking about grabbing a pair of the SFB for hiking I was wondering what your experiences with hiking in them are? I live in AZ where I do most of my hiking.

EDIT:  Also whats the sizing from my tts? 1/2 down?

Last edited:

Nike seems to favor the free sole in general because Nike Frees are very popular mainstream shoes for people not into sneakers as much. They might feel the Chukkas are more accessible as a "free". I can´t get with that sole though sadly
Idk I feel like every free flyknit chukka has either hit outlets or been on NDC clearance. Think about how fast the lunars would sell if they started to drop more colors. 

Idk I feel like every free flyknit chukka has either hit outlets or been on NDC clearance. Think about how fast the lunars would sell if they started to drop more colors. 

What were the Lunar production numbers compared to frees? It seems the frees were produced in far greater numbers.

Back
Top Bottom