Flyknit Chukka Thread

hey guys need some help.  if im a 9 in FK trainers and racers, would you suggest a 8.5 or 9.5 for chukkas?  trying to get a pair of wolfs for my first pair of fk chukkas

hey guys need some help.  if im a 9 in FK trainers and racers, would you suggest a 8.5 or 9.5 for chukkas?  trying to get a pair of wolfs for my first pair of fk chukkas
most people are saying TTS for all flyknits. i think i have around 14 pairs of all types and i agree that it all fits TTS.

Last edited:
Will the squadrons look good with jeans?
pretty sure that'll be a personal opinion since you're talking about a specific color, but the chukka is good with khaki or jeans.
For those that have the Flyknit 1's, do the Chukkas have a similar fit in terms of sizing?
feels the same length wise. can be tighter depends on how you lace it since it's a midtop, but i went TTS with ALL flyknits.

does anyone know how big of a difference between the university red and the new one coming out? the only thing i can see judging from pictures is the missing gold flywires and added black lines on the new one.

Last edited:
does anyone know how big of a difference between the university red and the new one coming out? the only thing i can see judging from pictures is the missing gold flywires and added black lines on the new one.

The newer "reds" coming out are closer to a burgundy and are darker than the university reds.

Got my tarps in today. Definitely a much brighter sole in person. I love them though. I like the contrast between the subdued upper and the loud, bright sole.

both are lunarlon but flyknit ones have that added midsole color. soles on the chukka are a little shinier. they're practically identical in sole height.
I ask because I have extremely flat feet and the pair of lunar1s I tried on I thought were too contoured in the arch.  I love the fit of the chukka and am wondering if it was just a bad foot day or what.

both are lunarlon but flyknit ones have that added midsole color. soles on the chukka are a little shinier. they're practically identical in sole height.

I ask because I have extremely flat feet and the pair of lunar1s I tried on I thought were too contoured in the arch.  I love the fit of the chukka and am wondering if it was just a bad foot day or what.
Looks aside, the cushioning setup of the lunar1s and chukkas are slightly different, even though they both use lunar material

Looks aside, the cushioning setup of the lunar1s and chukkas are slightly different, even though they both use lunar material
OK that is what I was thinking, thanks for supporting my thought.  I was just taking another look at the lunar1 and never even noticed that the lunar htm has a different looking midsole.  Looks much more like the chukka.  Anyone with any comparison of the feel on foot of these?

PS, I really want to see some real life pictures of those maroons.  Could be the next to grab.

OK that is what I was thinking, thanks for supporting my thought.  I was just taking another look at the lunar1 and never even noticed that the lunar htm has a different looking midsole.  Looks much more like the chukka.  Anyone with any comparison of the feel on foot of these?

PS, I really want to see some real life pictures of those maroons.  Could be the next to grab.
I might be wrong on this, but I've heard that the HTM lunar trainers use the same sole as the chukkas. I don't have a pair of the HTMs to do a direct comparison though, but I've heard that from a few people.

I might be wrong on this, but I've heard that the HTM lunar trainers use the same sole as the chukkas. I don't have a pair of the HTMs to do a direct comparison though, but I've heard that from a few people.
That is what it looks like to me.  The HTM lunar trainers have the little top tip at the end like the chukka.  If anyone has either and is able to comment that would be awesome.  

I can confirm that they are indeed the same.

Back
Top Bottom